Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

7,580 Interview Reviews

3.2

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

This was a job on a team that manages the online communities for several video games at Microsoft. I am more than overqualified for the position, but it's a rough economy and I need to pay bills so I was happy to interview for the contract.

There were probably three phone screens with the agency (Volt) who had the contract before I spoke to the hiring manager. The manager was a nice enough person but he told me frankly that he was flooded with many overqualified candidates and there was no way he could hire more than one person. The interview was very easy. We just spoke about video games, community management and the IP he managed. The main feedback I'd give is that Volt did not even prepare me (in all of those calls and e-mails) for the correct job listing! I was told this was for one particular game, so I went out and bought that game... learned it, did my homework, and prepped myself with questions and info pertaining to *that* game - only to find out the job was really to manage that game as well as half a dozen other games that I'd never been told about and had to answer questions on the spot.

In the end, I did not get an offer. He had a very large pool of candidates and I am guessing went with someone he could pay at the lower range of his budget.

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews, after initially speaking with the recruiter. The company is really big on culture and making sure to select candidates who are adaptable. They prefer someone with an open-mind and perspective rather than someone super techie.

Interview Questions

• How would you impact the company in 30-60-90 days within your role if hired.   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Interview

Only spoke over the phone, contact was polite. Interview mostly focused on technical questions. I thought the questions were fair. There were particularly interested in my .net experience which isn't as strong, but the person on the phone was accommodating.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

easy you cause because the go to into for there was alot and you know what the process is like and i know right yeah it doesn't make any sense why would you do that i mean like why and yeah your right

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

A set of two interviews for the first round. They asked mind puzzle questions as well as more practical questions. They did not care what language you did your practical questions in but the questions were worded specifically, leaving out important information that you needed to ask the interviewer for clarification on.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I went through a couple of phone interviews with various people at Microsoft and then was asked to fly up to Seattle for an in person interview.

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview process was limited. Interviewed with the lawyers on the legal team I would be working for. Took about 3 hours total. Was asked basic questions about my interest in the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked what my salary expectations were, then was given an offer.

Photo Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I did my interview over the phone, I submitted a test, editorial test, and three interviews. It was very down to earth and pleasant. I felt valued all throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the photos you chose from the test when everyone else chose differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honestly, I was offered more than I was expecting, so there really wasn't a negotiation!

Planner Interview

Interview

The hiring process took over three months. There was 5 people doing the interviews. The interviews themselves are not that bad. They do like to try to get you upset and see how you handle it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

1) Phone call with a recruiter
    2) In person interview with a store manager
    3) Phone call with a market manager
    4) Phone call with regional manager
    5) Offer from recruiter

Interview Questions

• What most excites you about retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. One pay scale. If you don't like it, tough luck.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.