Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Microsoft

9,548 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   9 Answers

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Interview

Hiring manager called me and we talked twice. Never received any feedback, seems like they are interviewing dozens of ppl for each role and don’t even have clear job descriptions. The managers I’ve talked to seemed very drone-like, lacking any personality. I had to contact them to learn that I was not moving forward in the process, let alone they had no feedback whatsoever.

Consultant Interview

Interview

A bunch of rounds with a million people applying for small number of positions . The interviewers seem like they are barely interested in what you have to say. It was also obvious that managers had already picked who they wanted and was just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. A lot of the questions can be answered if you have knowledge of user data and scaleable projects. I don't think anyone with a PM background would do bad on these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a calculator for a blind person?
      Elevator pitch   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Interview

Had a first round phone interview that was approximately 30 minutes, then an on-site behavior and coding mixed interview a few months later in Redmond, Washington. The on-site consisted of two 45 minute interviews with a short break in between.

Interview Questions

• They asked some basic coding questions such as array and string manipulations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

On campus screening technical+behavioral, then onsite final interviews. The onsite interview consisted of only 2 rounds. The first round was purely technical, and the second round was a system design question.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Description of my resumé, slowly analyzing and describing my solution to the problem as I went, and some ways to optimize my original solution. At the end you get an opportunity to ask a question or two about the company or the work that the interviewer does.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of sequential numbers, there will be two missing numbers from the sequence. Print those two numbers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Chill Process. Behavioral screen first round. Great interviewer waiting to hear back how it went. Good luck to all of you out there applying to Microsoft! It's a nice process, so hopefully, I get a callback

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was good had a behavioral interview then a final interview. The final interview was two 45 min interviews. The second interviewer I got was extremely disengaged and was even grinning the whole time which create a bad experience. Also, he answered my questions with two word answers. First interviewer was good.

Interview Questions

• Create function to return if a string a palindrome. Create function to check if a tic-tac-toe game is solved.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Full day interview with lunch and dinner. They paid for the hotel and meals. They set up 1:1s with all key personnel all day. I gave a 1 hr talk.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.