Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 Jan 2018
7,214 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

phone interview that lasted for about 30 minutes, asked mostly behavioral questions and some design questions. Not particularly hard but required some creative thinking. No technical/coding interview questions. Was notified result about a week after.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming concept and how would you apply that in a real world scenario?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a 30 min interview, where I was asked about my final year project, behavioral questions, and logical questions. It was a skype call and it started exactly on time.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

5 rounds of interview. Each person is supposed to ask me different questions. People are very nice and they try to push to whatever you can reach as far as possible.

Engineering Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through Linkedin. It was phone screen, She asked me about my profile for 20 minutes and in the end she asked me a logical question. Still waiting for review.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter, was contacted September for phone screening, got final rounds notice around October. Onsite was scheduled for January where there were three 45 min interviews. Usually they’re mixed between PM and tech questions but mine were all technical.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Went to a career fair at my university. Was contacted in q couple of weeks for an on-campus interview. The interview was pretty straightforward and easy. Was asked to design a system to shorten URL's. Two weeks later was told that I passed the interview and was invited for an interview in Redmond. Microsoft paid for all expenses and the I had 5 interviews back to back with very nice people. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate users to use your app every single day for a month?   Answer Question
    • Design the most engaging user interface for a music app that you can think of.   Answer Question
    • How would you track user engagement in an app and what business metrics would you use to improve it?   Answer Question
    • How much money do Americans spend on cat food every year?   Answer Question

Usability Engineer Interview

Interview

A day-long interview with multiple people including the hiring manager, the recruiter, a product manager, and a couple senior usability people. It was well-organized, with a shuttle just for job candidates to take you between campuses.

Interview Questions

• How would you run a study to test the learnability of a software program?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and got technical phone screen with coding test. It was not long less than 1 hour. They asked about what you have did. and then asked you to code.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me to schedule a technical screening. After the screening went well, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule a panel of interviewers. Both were over Skype (video). While I think I did well, I never heard back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.