Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Apr 2018
7,446 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

The interview process in Microsoft is not hard. There are multiple stages throughout the day, like many other tech companies do. Because of NDA, candidates cannot describe the process, neither the questions or topics. The only thing I can say is that people there is super easy going, friendly, and even if the process is exhausting, at the end you feel great (or terribly bad, it depends..). Unfortunately, I didn't get an offer because of unexpected VISA complications.

Interview Questions

• Multiple kind of questions, both technical and personal.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus interview based on a referral from a friend who works there. Invited to on-site after that. On-site consisted of 4 rounds of in-person interviews, mostly focusing on behavioral and product intuition questions. There was also one light coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an app-based replacement for a car key.   Answer Question

PM II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

The interview was well conducted. Recruiter walks you through the process and then you get to meet with number of people , same day. It is exhausting. Be prepared and go thought some pm questions or consult some famous pm interview books.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resource management, conflict resolution, and general pm questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I first did an on campus interview which was 30-45 minutes long. I was contacted again a few months later to do an onsite interview. I however had another offer with a short deadline (within 2 weeks) which is very short to do an onsite interview and hear results from but they were able to schedule the interview and get me results within that timeline which was awesome. During the onsite interview, I interviewed with 4-5 people each an hour long except for the lunch interview. The lunch interview was 2 hours long, one hour for lunch and conversation and the next hour for a coding interview. The rest of the interviews were also coding interviews. Everyone was very pleasant, interested in their work, and excited to talk with me. They also all seemed to love the company which left a great impression on me. Overall the interview process was very pleasant.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This is a phone interview. The team is looking for people with ML background. First, go through the resume especially the ML related projects and then complete a programing test.

Interview Questions

• Giving an integer and return the maximum product of the numbers which sums up to the given number.   3 Answers

FPGA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

give a network package buffering design problem, just write verilog code. I hardly said anything about my background. questions are posted directly . not much feedback from interviewer during the interview process. I messed up with the definition of the question so its a diaster

Interview Questions

• give a network package buffering design problem, just write code   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round interviews were held on my college campus. It was 30 minutes. I did not make it to final rounds, in which Microsoft flies you out to Seattle to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest technical challenge that you solved in your previous internship?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

it is not that hard, but in the final round the interviewer ask me to write pseudo code which I was not that comfortable about. And The question is hard to write the code, since in the pseudo code system, it is not consistent

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I was called by Microsoft for a relatively quick phone interview with a Microsoft recruiter. I was then invited to fly to their Charlotte campus for interviews with three people. Each interview was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• The TAM role at Microsoft is not very technical but focuses more on the relationship with the customer. So the questions were more about how you would handle certain situations. For example, a customer makes a last minute schedule change that requires an on-site resource which isn't available for a month. How would you resolve this situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.