Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Microsoft

9,312 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I highly recommend people applying for jobs at Microsoft to attend their Virtual seminars. It helps a lot connect directly with recruiters. I am still in the middle of the interview process. Very well structured 60 minutes phone interview. Started with my intro and projects that I have been working on followed by a coding question and then a small design discussion.

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to immediately set up a phone screen. Ultimately opted out as salary range changed and was no longer within targeted range. Didn't receive a ton of detail on Executives who I would be supporting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience? What is your targeted salary range?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn about a position at Microsoft in their legal department. Called me for a quick phone chat but was told Microsoft would not be interested in interviewing me because I do not come from a technology background. I don't see why this is an automatic disqualification. I felt the recruiter should have done a bit more research on my resume before wasting both of our time.

(A few weeks before this I had a recruiter at Aerotek contact me about a few job postings at Microsoft. Unlike the previous recruiter, this one didn't mention that I had to have a technology background and was happy to put my resume forward for any considerations)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous employment and what are you looking for in your next position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I started with an on campus technical interview, and then I was invited out to Seattle to complete 5 consecutive technical interviews. I felt like they were only interested in testing me on the spot, I definitely suffer under high pressure situations like that. I didn’t feel that this was a good environment to show what I can do code wise, and they barely asked me questions about extensive industry experience. They also really didn’t care to get to know me at all.

Interview Questions

• On campus, I was asked to solve a simple string manipulation problem and a text search problem.   2 Answers
    • In Seattle, I had 5 back to back technicals. This was exhausting, and much higher pressure as you have several engineers watching you work. I was asked several difficult graph search problems, difficult sorting problems, and one weird linked-list dictionary problem.   2 Answers

Consumer Facing Technologist Interview

Interview

The interview process, at least the first round so far, was pretty straightforward. Primarily they asked a series of behavioral questions. The interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I gave an example from a previous internship when I faced a challenge at work to complete a project. I showed I solved the issue with teamwork and dedication.   1 Answer

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Long story short, I applied for the MBA Operations internship, interviewed at a convention with a Microsoft employee that worked in engineering, the first interview is mainly just for culture fit. Was invited 2 weeks later to be flown out to Redmond to a super day. Super day started at 7 am you interview 3 different people within the department. About 60 people there in the morning. Interviews are really conversational but they dig deep and some small case questions. I ended up not getting the operations internship but 2 weeks later was called to interview for the marketing internship for MBA’s (I applied to both and was told my operations interview rounds were good). Process is pretty much the same except this was an over the phone interview. Was flown out again and did the 3 round interview. Make sure you have you stories down for the interview the mainly want to know about you and your professional experiences and what makes you unique. I was only asked 2-3 heavy marketing related questions through all 3 45 minute interviews on the super day. Also was asked 1 marketing related question on the phone interview. Other than those it was just questions about me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product that you think is marketed well and why?
      What is your favorite microsoft product and how would you market it?
      We want to introduce one of our data analytics products to small businesses, what is your thought process on how you would market to them?

For the operations interview my most difficult question was interpreting a graph without any context what the graph was, just my thought process on how I would assess if and the data used to create it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Really nice progress. Everything was clear and straight forward. This is probably due to the fact that everything is remote. It made things a bit easy going. Using COVID 19 to my advantage, i hope you do the same.

Interview Questions

• When you type in google.com what happens?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview of 45 min each. Was asked coding questions based on data structures and concurrency. Leetcode medium level. 3 rounds went well and one did not go well. Recruiter told me this.

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and I did a phone interview that was around 45 minutes long. Was offered a final round interview but declined due to location.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current favorite piece of technology   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.