Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

6,243 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did an on campus interview, which was very smooth. Asked 2 coding questions on a sheet of paper and was given a chance to ask the interviewer questions. Then flown out to do an on-site interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Had an on Campus interview that consisted of a single design question.

Next was a Onsite in Redmond which featured a full day (9am till 6pm) with 5 interviews and a multitude of questions.

First interview was design based

Second interview was behavioral and asked a few technical design questions

Third interview was a "lunch" interview in which the interviewer ate and I was grilled on whiteboarding questions and design questions. Looking back I wish I had taken more time to eat as after this interview I really lost steam.

Fourth interview was technical and design based. Asked about data and data trends and asked to design a toolbar.

Next i was informed that I had a 90 minute break before my final interview, gave me time to walk around the campus and get my wits together

Fifth interview was the team manager and was behavioral, technical, and design focused. Ended up going for about an hour and a half and was absolutely exhausting. Looking back I honestly dont even remember some of the answers I gave because I was so exhausted. Figured that i blew it here and was convinced I didnt get the job.

Two days later I got a call from my recruiter and was thrilled to hear that I got the position.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people that I would be working with. They all had different approaches to the interview. But each took a working session and discussion approach about the problems and opportunities they face rather than a typical interview. It was very laid back and everyone was very positive. Most of the questions I was asked were to probe deeper into a thought or a solution I presented.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked typical interview questions. It was more of a brainstorm session.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, definitely negotiate your total compensation package.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got email after going to career fair. They asked me to apply it online and then scheduled a phone interview. The interview was about 1 hour, and it took about two weeks to got the result.

Premier Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

This interview started with a phone call with an advisor. Very straight forward process. Got logistics out of the way in the beginning, then moved on to interview questions. Finished with extra time to ask the reviewer questions. The interviewer then explained that they would be in touch if I made it to the next round. The whole process was short, taking about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were striving for a goal and came across an obstacle?   Answer Question
    • Can you explain the internet to my 80 year old grandmother?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had a phone interview in November 2016, did not hear back results until January 2017 with an email saying that I got to final round interviews. They flew me out to Seattle, WA and the interviews were at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA. I had 2 interviews, one 1-on-1 interviews where I was asked several questions on my resume and questions that would span off of something on my resume. I then had a 2-on-1 interview/presentation. They had asked me mostly questions on my resume and my experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

They ask some question about behavior and then 15 minutes for technical question, you can solve it but if it is not the best way, you will not get offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the project you love the most.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied via the careers website, then reached out to the recruiter at my college. Ultimately I was brought onsite for a formal interview. Whole process took 6 weeks. The recruiters were very helpful and made sure I was getting all the necessary information throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list a numbers. Write code to put it in a binary tree   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Got referred by a current employee and got an email about the phone screen. The call lasted half an hour. A designer asked some general questions. I'm still waiting for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.