Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Oct 2017
6,870 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

pretty easy. 2 hours of multiple scenarios and interviews not bad. just make sure you study before and you will be fine. the scenarios switch between 3 of the platforms that microsoft is pushing for and they really like cross selling.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

During the phone interview, first of all, the interviewer did some self-introduction and then asked me why I choose Microsoft, what do you know about Microsoft.Then I was asked some questions about my projects and some algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable quality that you have to bring to our company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied on school career fair. Then I got the invitation to a 30 minutes on-campus interview, basically asked both behavior and tech questions. There will be an on-site interview.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. A recruiter contacted me and the initial phone screen was about 30 minutes and very engaging.

The next step was a call with the hiring manager. Call was about 30 minutes and while the interviewer was nice they were short on specifics of the role. A lot of repetition of "diversity initiatives," but little actual detail of what the starting point, and outcomes for the role would be.

Next step was an onsite in Redmond. The odd part, is that while making travel arrangements for the interview through the user portal, the system told me I had not been selected for the job. I mentioned this to the recruiter and they said to ignore that. I had a bad feeling about it.

In Redmond I met with five people, and they seemed to be the only ones in the office in that group, that day.

The interviewers had their own private offices and I was walked from one office to the next after each concluded. Each time I entered an office it seemed I was interrupting them, and two didn't bother turning on the light, so we sat and "talked" in the dark.

They were nice, and very practiced interviewers. There was a lot of repetition of the importance of "diversity initiatives" but little on concrete actions in place currently, or what they wanted to do differently. I got the sense it was mostly a buzz term.

Confirming that perception was learning, the group was being lead by a white man who said he didn't think the diversity problem was solvable, because it is a numbers game, and there aren't enough diverse candidates in the pool of talent. My questions are: "Why not tie compensation of all employees to actions that improve diversifying the pools? How many teach computer science at a high school? How many are involved in student groups at their alma mater? How many offer projects or tutoring to underrepresented groups? Why is this just a buzz term for HR?"

Reward what you want repeated. Tie compensation to action and it will change things.

However, as interesting as the diversity challenge is, nobody spoke about the specifics of the role. That made it apparent I was being interviewed, but not considered.

Interview Questions

• Current team size, how I form strategy and tactical plans, how I develop team members and especially team members who may have more experience than me.   Answer Question

Explorer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied online as a Freshman in late September 2016 . Two weeks after submitting my application I was invited to do the phone interview. I hadn't heard back for about 5 to 6 weeks so I emailed my recruiter to follow up. I didn't get the offer, but because I did well as a Freshman, I was pushed straight to final round interviews for the summer 2018 position.

In September 2017, I was flown to Microsoft's Headquarters in Redmond, Washington to do 3 back-to-back 45 minute interviews. I had only one technical question. Majority of my interviews consisted of problem solving or behavioral questions. The interviewers were really nice and seemed like they were most interested in how passionate I was about the program and technology.

Interview Questions

• What are three words you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • What do you plan to do/accomplish in the next year?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Campus recruiter offered me an interview the following week we met during the career fair. The on-campus interview was half an hour long with a mix of behavioral, technical and product design questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify the last number of a linked list that has no null value at the end which points somewhere in between   1 Answer

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Omaha, NE (US)).

Interview

While the current field expansion Microsoft is experiencing is great for potential candidates, the process is less than perfect. I had multiple recruiters contact me, one didn’t even know that I had interviewed with a manager. The manager I interviewed with was less than enthusiastic and rather robotic in her questioning. I never heard anything back after the interview, which sadly, is the way things often play out these days for candidates looking for new positions. From a company like Microsoft, one would have expected common courtesy with some form of communication after having met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions

• Describe your "sales process".   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Series of 1:1 interviews at different office locations throughout the day. Some very friendly conversations, others were more challenging and definitely felt like a test. Was a little confusing trying to figure out my next location without a chaperone.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of gas stations in the USA?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a first round interview--30 minutes long in person. Combination of behavioral and technical. What you would expect on the behavioral end--challenges, successes, handle disagreements, etc.. Technical was finding a palindrome in a string followed by how to implement a stack (which was worded confusingly so ask clarifying questions!) Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.