Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2017

3.3

517 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with team lead. Coding and testing questions.
One day onsite interview with recruiter, team members and manager.
Got offer a week later through phone and accepted after negotiation. The recruiter had pretty strong negotiation skills.

Interview Questions

• Coding, logical thinking, testing strategies, problem solving   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Initially, was contacted by recruiter. Had quick phone screening and then called for onsite interview.

The onsite interview was horrible because one of the interviewers was jumping randomly between questions. I believe the interviewer was looking for some answers online on the spot. Interviewer would laugh instead of correcting and would always try to invalidate my answers. I had made up my mind then.

Interview Questions

• Are two words palindrome of each other?   5 Answers
    • Divide two numbers without using / or % and return quotient.   4 Answers
    • Difference between == and === in javascript? How to use selectors in Selenium? Difference between readonly and const in c#? Mock testing for services? Use of .this keyword?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Got a phone interview first which was relaxing, it's about logic thinking and similar things like that. Interviewers were friendly. After about a week, I got an on-site opportunity, and went to their headquarter, spent a whole day interviewing, but didn't get the offer.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus at uni, recruiter asked me to debug the code written by the previous interviewee. Then we talked about what it was like to work at Microsoft and what questions I had about working at Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had the code from the previous interviewee still on the white board in the room. He asked me to identify what the code did (printed the contents of a binary tree through a BFS using a queue). Then asked me to identify the bugs with the code and suggest how to fix it (null-pointer exceptions when printing out the values from the queue and checking for nulls before adding a value to the queue).   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a full day of interviews on site. These included an HR overview interview, checklist of skillsets, multiple technical interviews (firmware, electrical engineering, analog & RF engineering, and mechanical engineering) and a behavioral interview. The technical interviews varied from asking to solve very specific engineering problems to much more open-ended questions about previous engineering assignments, problems, and solutions.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator control system for a busy 5 floor building with 4 elevators.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One telephonic round and then 5 onsite rounds. Interview included solving one coding question, and then testing it. Focused more on how to would I test the code, and debug it.

Interview Questions

• * Merge two sorted linked list. The merged list should also be sorted.
      * Compact a string. i.e remove spaces
      * traverse a link list containing char* as data. test cases for the same.
      * reverse a string. test cases for the same.
      * remove all the given characters from a string.   3 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the College Recruiting Fair and was called immediately for an interview the next day itself in the college. Was called for an onsite interview 3 weeks later. The onsite interview was a long day, as I had to go through 5 rounds of interviews. Overall an amazing experience, but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• College interview was easy. Simple Merge Sort.   Answer Question
    • Inorder tree traversal + a logic question   Answer Question
    • Navigating through a matrix of 0s and 1s, Dynamic programming   Answer Question
    • Removing duplicates from a single linked list   Answer Question
    • Given stock prices over a period, find out the buy-sell times for the most profit possible. No shorting is allowed.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Called in for on campus interview. Had one of the most amazing experiences, the interviewer was very nice and helpful. Even took her out for lunch after where she gives very helpful tips on my resume and work environment in future.

Interview Questions

• Given a Stack with n elements, write a method that always keeps the max of the stack?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Interview

Campus interview at my university. 30 mins interview which asked my resume and some technical questions. Asked me link list question which is easy, and reverse string, check string palindrome .

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked for a telephonic interview first. Interviewer didn't ask anything. Just discussed about my projects and achievements with me. Than he switched to some behavioral questions. No technical questions asked. He seemed to be very optimistic and positive during the interview, but somehow I got rejection later on.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.