Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

9,361 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune).

Interview

The interviewer was very rude and was not interested in taking the interview. He asked me one programming question. I explained the logic and approach to tackling that program. He said yes, and asked me to write the code. I took around 15 minutes to write the code on white paper and after that, he did not check the code and told me that the approach is wrong and stopped the interview. I had attempted the interviews with Amazon & Google before and was unable to crack those interviews as well. But I was happy by the way that the company treats the candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru) in July 2019.

Interview

Very Good and nice experience. Questions were good and straight forward. Overall great experience. Got exposure to how interviews are taken. HRs were very helpful and professional. verry happy with the interview even though I was not selected.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Process took longer than usual. Started off with an on campus interview, where I was asked 3 questions in 30 minutes. I was told that I had passed the interview but the final round spots were full, so I waited 5 months to hear about a final round spot. The final round was all virtual due to COVID-19; I had 3 interviews back to back, with each one being 45 minutes of implementing code.

Interview Questions

• On campus: 1) Design an iterator of nested linked lists that included a hasNext() and next(). 2) How would you go about finding the running median for a stream of numbers. 3) How would you return the k largest ints in an array.
      Final round: 1) Create a word search function for a boggle board. 2) Implement a Trie. 3) Find the index in an array such that the sum of the left and right sides of that array are closest to one another.   Answer Question

SDE-1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Vellore) in July 2019.

Interview

First round was coding interview.. question asked were like from the DS, CSF, DP, etc,. Can be prepared from training websites. Was interesting interview. learned a lot from the interview.

Interview Questions

• egg dropping problem dynamic programming available on gfg   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process was way too large. I was interviewed remotely by Microsoft on March 2020 at the first stage, second stage on May and they answered me at late June.

Regarding the interviewers, they were all friendly and kind, and took the time to explain me some examples on the coding interview before I started going through the problem.

Interview Questions

• Generate a list of prime numbers efficiently.   2 Answers

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with HR to see if you fit the profile in terms if work experience and characteristics. After that they sent me a Codility test with 3 questions in 2 hour.

Interview Questions

• 1) Given an array of N (natural) integers. return the largest number K (K>0) only if K and -K exist in the array, if there's no such number return 0. For example if arr=[4,-4, 3, -3, 2], should return 4, and arr=[-2,0,0,-3] should return 0. I think the algorithm should solve this in O(N).

2) Given a string S of N letters, we want to return the alphabetically largest letter that occurs in both lowercase and uppercase in S, or decide that there's no such letter. For example S=aaBabcDaA, should return "B", else should return "NO". For example S=Codility, return "NO".

3) A very long question about Jafar & Aladdin, pawn game. Find the maximum pawns owned by Aladdin that Jafar can beat in his turn (given a board N x N). Sorry.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Short application. Short skype interview with coding questions and general questions about my career. Was quite abrupt and clearly I was on the end of a whole day of asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Look at these functions and say what they do. What happens if you set x as ...   1 Answer

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, it was more of a presentation for an initial scanning. They ask some questions regarding your problem solving process and capabilities and somethings about your background and personality traits.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a great Interview, people nice and questions all in the area of work and study. Whole process took around 3 months by this is just an entry-level so I can understand

Interview Questions

• Why do you would you like to work in Microsoft   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru).

Interview

Very easy. They asked easy-medium questions. Don't stress too much, be clear with your words.
    Be concise in your explanations. Always discuss your approach with the interviewer first. They don't ask hard questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.