Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Jun 2019
8,524 Interview Reviews

3.1

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was quite intense. 4 Interviews by 4 people. Initial it was phone screening. Then it was onsite interview done by 3 Managers. done at different timings. It took long to finish the final interview as the person was on holidays .

Interview Questions

• what will you do in " this " situation type questions. Questions were not hard. genera; behavioural type questions. They made you feel comfortable. Not tough   1 Answer

Education Expert for the Microsoft Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and got an email. Scheduled a flexible phone interview on their website and got a call in time. They will send you some questions they may ask on the phone and ask you to send your answer back.

Interview Questions

• How have you cultivated a long-term business relationship with a school or school district?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2019.

Interview

This was for an internal transfer from one area to another, therefore internal interviews with the HR partner, hiring manager, colleague and a superior manager. It took a long time to schedule the phone/online interviews as the hiring manager's diary kept changing

Interview Questions

• How do you lead change in your organisation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round was an on campus technical interview. This was followed by an on site interview in Seattle consisting of 4/5 interview rounds. The interviews were technical and included concepts on computer engineering/database/security.

Interview Questions

• Sorting of a binary search tree, grid game   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was about what I was expecting for the interview process. Microsoft scheduled five interview blocks at their campus, with the fifth being As Appropriate. Each interviewer was primarily interested in evaluating how I thought through the problem as much as the answer I arrived at. There was plenty on conversation working through problems and white boarding the solutions as well. Overall, it was much more enjoyable than I thought it would have been.

Interview Questions

• Design a shopping cart. Defend your decisions. Additionally, string compression algorithm, design a system to scale to 10,000 users, word reverse with preserved white space.   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by tech screen over the phone followed by onsite interviews with multiple people. a lot of scenario based questions to assess soft skills as well as technical knowledge

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

It was a behavioral phone interview. Very disappointed, as the background was completely noisy, I barely heard the questions. Clarifying me again and again that the job position was at London and that I had to relocate, which I already know when I made the application. The interviewer sounded to be bored and very tired from the very starting point of the interview. Inappropriate for such a company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a machine learning process   2 Answers
    • Walk through the resume   1 Answer

Account Delivery Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2019.

Interview

3 verschiedene Runden an Gesprächen hintereinander mit 5 verschiedenen Personen (inkl. Personalabteilung). War ein sehr nettes Gespräch, allerdings viel zu wenig Zeit und man muss sich mehrmals wiederholen wegen unterschiedlichen Gesprächsteilnehmern, die aber im Grunde doch das Gleiche wissen wollen.
    Eines der Gespräche ist allerdings eine Präsentation (in meinem Fall über "Digitale Transformation").
    Alles in allem nette Atmosphäre.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

6 rounds of interview. Round 1-3 coding and problem solving. Round 4 is during lunch about design. Round 5 on product design and round 6 on soft skills & career development, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement malloc() & free() in C?   1 Answer
    • The depth of a binary tree, using non-recursive method.   Answer Question
    • Max range of index (I,j) of array that maximize sum(I,j), and analyze time & space complexity.   Answer Question
    • Longest common sequence   1 Answer
    • A queue with int numbers adding to the tail. Implement a method to get median of all int numbers in the queue. Analyze complexity.   Answer Question
    • How would you design an ATM machine for kids.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for a specific role and I was scheduled to have the first telephonic interview. I did decently well on the technical and I was invited on site to Bellevue.
    The on site interview was 4 rounds - each 45 minutes + lunch interview. The team mostly consisted of asian people and most of them treated me well. I bottled the first round - The interviewer went on for like 20-25 minutes explaining me about his team structure and how it fits into the business model etc. It was good to learn that but then it took away a lot of my time from the time allotted for the coding question ! Should I have stopped in between? I don't know but it backfired heavily since I couldn't finish the problem successfully. The second one went on well, the only round where I had a productive discussion and was pretty confident that I had done well enough. The third one was a simple coding question but with a lot of follow-up questions like how would you make the code work for any data type, edge cases and all that. The lunch interview was with the same one and he asked me a bunch of scenario based Qs and good practices in sw engg. The last one was pleasant to work with, really enjoyed talking to him and then I was done.

Overall I had a good set of challenges but as always I was not at my best or probably needed a better version of myself ! I knew when the day was over that I would't cut it. Probably the next time I guess ! I'll never give up ! Keep it coming !

Interview Questions

• Technical interview:
      >> How would you count the number of 1's in an integer. The question was not as simple as this. Lot of follow-up questions on how I would test this function, edge cases, different types of binary representations etc.

On site questions:
      >> Linked list - reverse ONLY from nodes begin to end (begin, end) will be integer values
      >> Next right pointers. Did it with both single queue and with two queues q1 and q2 and swapping them. Follow up - how do you cut down on memory.
      >> All positive integers on left, negative on the other side - follow up was to modify it to a templated function
      >> Given a string "Hello World", split all words. This was a programming session on the interviewer's computer (not whiteboard). There will be ONLY space as delimiter.
      If a service can be called up to max of 5 times, how do you make sure it is handled.
      I answered "sempahores".   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.