Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

8,440 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2019.

Interview

I initially applied for the Inside Sales role, however I was contacted by Microsoft regarding a different role. After a few interviews with the other role, eventually they decided to continue with my profile for the Inside Sales position.

The interview process for me was quite short, since I had some interviews previously with Microsoft. I had a call with the recruiter, followed by a 45 minute interview with the hiring manager on Microsoft Teams. For this interview, I had to prepare a Pre-Sales Role Play based on a potential prospect for Microsoft Azure. I had to also prepare a few slides with some more information on and present this in 15 minutes.

In the remainder of the interview, we spoke about my motivation to join the company, my background experience, why I'd like to work for Microsoft and a lot of behavioural questions, as can be expected. The interview went well, and a little under a week after this, I was invited to meet the team on-site in an informal setting.

At the on-site meeting, I was asked some questions again, but it was in a casual environment and I got shown around the offices and met the team as well and I got to know more about the role and ask questions. A few days later, I got a call by the recruiter that I was offered the position and I accepted it.

Overall, the process took around 2-3 weeks in total for this role and I found it to be quite straight forward. The recruiters were great at communicating and keeping me updated in the process.
    The only downside was that I had to travel many hours by public transport to meet the team on-site, despite I was told the interview with the manager would be the last one. Microsoft did reimburse me for all the costs though.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2018.

Interview

Group interview, presentation, 2 HR interviews with different managers, technical interview.
    All the interviews were during one day, so it was pretty exhausting and you may find it hard to focus for the last ones.

Interview Questions

• How can you shut down the electricity on the whole planet?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2019.

Interview

Applied on Microsoft Career site on March 27
    Invited to both technical and Manager interview on Apr 4
    Interviews took place on Apr 10
    Positive feedback from interviewers as well as from HR manager
    BUT
    No official answer at all until May 15 when I wondered whether this was a matter of company culture.
    I sent them this email with an extract of the so-called human values stating:
    "Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more" and asking if this lack of respect and recognition was a way of empowering me to help me achieving more.
    I was also sharing my feeling of being considered as a "CaaS" (Candidate-as-a-Service)
    Of course I was expecting 2 kinds of reactions:
    1. "Banana republic" type where her majesty is hurt by lack of submission from small people
    2. Professional and respectful type where Company recognizes lack of respect/recognition, poor process management and makes everything to fix it.

I got both:
    First the professional answer from my recruiter apologizing for lack of follow-up, management and so on
    Then, 2 hours later, the "Banana republic" answer informing me that I would not be selected.

I received first an answer stating that feedbacks were positive and decisions should be made soon... and less than 2 hours later, an email stating that I was not selected...

I then answered in the following terms:

Thank you for everything, for your patience, for the exchanges we had, for the time spent, for the positive feedback both you and my interviewers spontaneously gave me after the interviews which are worth the effort made to deliver the best of myself. Be ensured that I am much less disappointed with this news than with its context, however, from my perspective, this is a victory and this is where realism and professionalism are stronger than politics and ego although these latter often win on the playground.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Did not hear back for 2 months. Got the rejection email saying no spots left. Got email after few days for setting up onsite. 4 rounds technical + lunch was kind of technical too with one of their engineers.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Guwahati) in September 2018.

Interview

The first part was a shortlist based on the UX task (which was hectic and challenging and was supposed to be done in 4 days ) and portfolio. The shortlisted candidates had to appear for a skype based intern which consisted of three rounds. The first round was the questioning and analysis of the UX Task. The second round was questioning on the UX Portfolio and Skill set followed by an HR Round

Interview Questions

• In depth questioning on the design process that I followed   1 Answer

Placement Trainee/Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was quite long, as it consisted of six different stages. Overall, it was a very well-rounded one, and included many types of activities which let candidates' abilities surface all along

Interview Questions

• How would you describe cloud computing to a 10 year-old?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in December 2018.

Interview

About a week after submitting my resume through an employee I got a call from HR which asked me a few personal questions, then set up a phone interview for a few days later. The person who interviewed my on the phone was extremely rude and had a very bad vibe.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I'll start by saying the process was terrible without any personal contact point. all of the processes were automated and in the end, it resulted in me being in Seattle without anyone to get in touch with. The interview was for a new graduate after MS degree, it was composed of a face to face with a college recruiter and after that an onsite interview in Seattle.
    The onsite went very well and after about a month I got an email for getting to the next stage and coming to an onsite. Everything was scheduled and 3 days of my time was dedicated to this task (excluding the preparation and traveling 6 hours each way from NY to Seattle). No one has contacted me while in Seattle or after coming back home. After multiple emails and phone calls on my end, I've got an email saying there was an error and we should reschedule. No one has contacted me afterward even after replying to those emails. I had interviews with all of the major tech companies including Google, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook, been to many onsite interviews but I have never experienced this weird treatment. I believe it was a communication problem but to me, it felt like a big waste of my time and I wouldn't wish anyone to pass the experience I had. Do yourself a favor and find a company who cares, luckily I got to a much better company who values me and my time.

Interview Questions

• There was a recursion question asking to find the way out of a given 2X2 array maze. you're given with the start and end point.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process is very bad.The interviewer is not good .He is not even listen what we are saying and he works in his laptop while I am answering him. And while interview , he ask me a question and he want something specific answer which is in his mind and when I am giving the better answer then him then he change the question and moving to the new question.

Interview Questions

• sum of the rectangle   Answer Question
    • Dictionary word searching and given the length of string, character that you have to find on perticular location   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There were multiple rounds to the interview process that began with a general interview allowing the company the ability to get to know more about the applicant. This was more laid back then the rest of the process would have been.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.