Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Microsoft

9,355 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Received an on-campus interview after applying through the university portal, then I was completely ghosted by the recruiter. Very unprofessional and terrible experience. Throughout the conversation I could feel that the recruiter was not really listening.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. I first had a discussion with the manager on the team, followed by a phone screen that continued onto another phone screen. I was asked extensive questions about my resume in addition to behavioral questions in the first part of the phone screen, and asked technical questions in the second part. Received a call after from the hiring manager letting me know that they decided to go with more experienced applicants.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions (describe your contributions to your projects, etc)
      What is a d flip-flop, setup/hold time, cache questions, algorithms (how to organize a list of names with a corresponding piece of data - eg. linked list/BST)   1 Answer

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Behavioral interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkedin, then I took an online technical assessment after that the virtual onsite with 4 people on the team I would be working with. I was asked OOO design questions

Engineer Interview

Interview

Was really solid but took a lot of time studying. Ended up working out but needed to take more time than I originally thought. Still was a good expereince and i had a good time overall

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Focused on behavioral questions. Interviewers are interested in whether you would like the job just as much as your qualification. Overall, the experience was pleasant and transparent. The process took a bit long but I think it was specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? How have you worked through ambiguity in the past?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview that was 30 minutes. It was very casual and I was able to ask the interviewer questions about what he does at Microsoft. He seemed unimpressed from the beginning with my resume and didn't even ask me any leetcode questions. He merely asked me questions about data structures.

MIcrosoft Explorer Interview

Interview

I first went to the career fair and handed my resume, then went to their tech talk in which I was able to contact the head recruiter who gave me the opportunity for a phone interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round of interview was a couple STAR questions then one technical question. Was invited on site and had four rounds of technical questions. No personal/STAR questions whatsoever. All of my interviewers were dead inside. I asked one interviewer how his day was going and he said “stressful”. None of them took notes and I think one of them came up with the questions on the spot. Very poor experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process felt really rushed and mismanaged. After passing the online assignment I got offered an onsite in Redmond 10 days later, I was not offered the option to reschedule since recruiter claimed it was the only hiring event for that team (later I learned this events happen pretty often). I accepted, microsoft took a week to send me the travel arrangements and my flights where confirmed less than 3 days before the onsite, making it hard to plan ahead and get days off my current job. I emailed the recruiter the day after passing the online assignment asking for some guidance on materials to prepare for the onsites, no answer, I got an email from him with some prep material the evening before the interview! 5 days after the onsite I got a call from the recruiter saying that I wasn't selected for this role but that they had another opening that might fit me better and encouraged me to re-interview right away, I declined the offer and asked to get some feedback from my onsites on areas to improve, recruiter didn't have the feedback at the time but said I should be receiving it by email in the next day. That was 3 weeks ago, still waiting...

As for the onsites, I had 4 hours of technical interviews, 3 on DS and Algs 1 on Systems Design, interviewers where really nice and helpful, the problems where about medium leetcode difficulty. One of the interviewers seemed a bit shocked when I said I was gonna do the challenge in python, ( this was already determined since day 1 when I spoke with the recruiter) and seemed to be improvising the challenge as we went, which made the whole thing pretty confusing, so that didn't feel great.

Overall the onsite experience was positive, but recruiting process was one of the worst I ever experienced

Interview Questions

• Medium leetcode stuff. Create a cache system (Hashing tables, Linked lists...), Labyrinth grid challenge, substr in string...   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 initial interview with hiring manager and then onsite (1 portfolio review, a few 1:1s chat with other designers). Portfolio review was 1 hour, I presented 2 projects and left time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer