Microsoft Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by onsite interviews. I interviewed with two different teams. The first team was clearly not a match and it appeared they felt the same. The second interview team was better and they added additional interviewers on at the end. I also did a final interview with a member of the team that wasn't present by phone the day after I flew home.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would gain consensus between team members, and in particular with difficult ones.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Preliminary phone screen with recruiter, then two phone interviews with the hiring manager and a key stakeholder (each approximately 1 hour).

I was then flown to Redmond for a 7-hour interview across two campuses. The interview was long, of course, but the questions were not terribly challenging.

Interview Questions

• What is one strategy you've developed to increase engagement on social media?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical Microsoft Interview, where you meet 3-4 people asking you about your background and then questions about how your past experience would apply to the current role. Once you make it through the first round of interviews you usually get send on to meet with an executive on the team. If you pass you usually get an offer.

Interview Questions

• When would your manager review your work as successful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Notified a few days later re availability for all-day in-person interviews (4-6 1:1 interviews) in Redmond. Tough interview and thoughtful questions. Best thing was that everyone was really nice and professional. Recommend preparing thoroughly based on job description. Suggest wearing dressy business casual (no suits, but no jeans). Overall process from online application to outcome was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Should you practice before your interview?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Durham, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was laid back. My interviewer was dressed casually and provided an inviting environment in which we had a conversation. He started out asking me a few overview questions and used my resume as a framework for hearing more about my experience. It was a good feel for what working in the company would be like - collaborative and open.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why Microsoft?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interview was set up through my university. Straight forward interview for a first round. 45 minute interview with one interviewer. Second round interviews are located on location at Microsoft HQ in Washington. This was for a Marketing Manager Internship. Lots of fit questions and a couple of mini-marketing case study questions. Candidates should be very familiar with Microsoft organizational structure, current products, challenges facing the company, and recent news.

Interview Questions

• Favorite and least favorite product marketing and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Heavily dependent on culture fit and capability to demonstrate that you can do the job. Depending on if you're an internal hire or external, the type of questions may vary.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you would think about figuring out how many gas stations there are in redmond, washington   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Great interview process, there were several interviewers but they were all well coordinated so no overlap of questions. The last rung is the As Appropriate who is usually the skip level manager, so if you get to that person, consider you are faring well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online; had phone interview with recruiter asking for details about previous work experience in this area. Asked questions about a current marketing campaign they had just launched – probably to see if I had done my homework. Wanted to know how to incorporate mobile devices into once-traditional desktop viewership.

Interview Questions

• How to differentiate Microsoft from the competition today, compared to 20 years ago.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted by recruiter via email
    - Phone interview (Recruiter) to filter out candidates
    - Recruiter scheduled a series of in-person interviews with six people
    - Six in-person interviews scheduled, with the last two being the hiring manager and the General Manager
    - After my final interview, the recruiter contacted me and said I received a "thumbs up" from all of the interviewers

Interview Questions

• What was the most ambiguous situation you've experienced on the job? How were you able to find a resolution? (Didn't find the questions tough. I actually went in prepared for a "how to move a mountain" type question)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.