Microsoft Program Manager II Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Program Manager II Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.4

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a series of questions posed via phone screen with a recruiter. Received lots of encouragement that things were going great.
Then had several 1:1 in person interviews. One seemed to be setup to cause friction and the feedback given was complete nonsense. The hiring manager noted that it just seemed like the person had something against me. The interviewer was on a competing team and my team was looking to supplant their work.

Interview Questions

• Project management methods.
    Experience with PMBOK
    Adaptability
    Learning process
    Desire to work for Microsoft   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people none in person all were over the phone as the most of the team located outside of the Puget Sound.
    The questions they asked were pretty basic since it was an internal move.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I am qualified for the role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview is typically conducted through an entire day. Expect to meet 4-7 team members, for about an hour with each person. If all goes well you will meet someone called 'As Appropriate' or AA. If everyone on your interview team okayed you but you did not impress the AA you can be denied the role. The recruiter usually gets back to you on the results of the interview within a week's time or even less.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a shuttle system for using within the Microsoft campus   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very good, four interviews with the team. Technical and non-technical questions. Personal questions were asked, benefits were explained and very good process overall. All interviews was done in over two days, since I couldnt be onsite the interview was done over Skype for Business.

Interview Questions

• How would I price a new product in Azure   1 Answer

Program Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was not too bad. The process took about 3 weeks from A to Z. We managed to agree to a feasible salary in three negotiation iteration. Many people had similar experience when they were first hired to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

- 7 rounds of interviews.
    - First 2 rounds were telephonic after which I had 5 in-person interviews.
    - One round was with the hiring manager
    - There is one round (they don't tell you which) where a senior employee screens you to determine your grade.

Interview Questions

• How will you design an incident and problem management system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

two days of onsite, one hour 1-1 including lunch and a job talk;
    Met with employees at several levels of the org, both within the group and in adjacent groups. Met with assistant to VP and speech writer. Gave a presentation on ten tech trends and delivered case studies on previous projects.

Interview Questions

• How have you navigated a corporate hierarchy?   2 Answers
    • How do you track industry trends   1 Answer
    • tell us about an internal conflict you had to resolve   1 Answer
    • what trends are going to be most important in the next five years   1 Answer
    • How would you structure a project around envisioning for a future technology   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews starting at 9am. 4 interviews were 1 hour each, there was a 1.5 hours lunch interview with 2 people. It was rather relaxed and focused. Many of the questions had to do with decision making in stressful and ambiguous situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Technical questions regarding knowledge of the industry and current trends (malware role)   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very difficult to negotiate. I ended up taking what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in December 2008.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter was primarily around scheduling. Interview was the standard day long affair with a good hour and a half spent waiting in the lobby due to scheduling problems. I find that to be fairly tacky, I'd never allow it for my candidates, but that is how Microsoft does things.

Interviews were fairly easy, some design questions which are typically won by having a good stream of ideas and the ability to defend some of the ideas (I don't think most interviewers consider it a bad thing if you reject one of your own ideas).

Interviewers would sometimes throw random analytical problems at me as a response to something I'd said. For example, we were talking about ordering of search results and he asked out of the blue how many possible orderings there were of a list of n search results (hint: n!).

Microsoft interview feedback is all sent immediately upon completion of the interview so the following interviews sometimes touched on information in the previous ones (also: it is important to do well on the first few because their hire/no-hire suggestions will influence following interview results).

Interview Questions

• design an experiment to optimize the quality of search results on a google-like search engine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After reviewing their salary curve (it has been leaked on line) and talking to people currently employed there, I decided the salary was as good as I'd get so asked for a higher signing bonus which they agreed to within hours. Perhaps I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

It was good. i did a phone interview with the hiring manager and we decide to setup VTC (Video Telecom Conference) and I finished the interview remotely with the hiring manager, a test lead , 2 senior level manager

Interview Questions

• If give you 1 million $ and ask you to change 1 thing for search, what would you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.