Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Online application, filter, Skype interview, entrance test, interview again. Very efficient, easygoing, good procedure. Gets you a little stressed but it's totally fine. I personally think this one is not such a different procedure for interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The first thing they asked me was algorithm question. Can't remember what it was exactly, but it was implied that in order to apply project manager position, you are supposed to be able to handle coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Find a minimum depth of a binary tree   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paris (France)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and I got shortlisted to go through the application process which consist in:
    1 - Written test
    2 - First phone screen
    3 - Second phone screen
    4 - On site interviews
    Each of the step was a consequence of a good result in the previous one.

The managing of the process was quite confusing. The second phone screen wasn't supposed to take place and they added it after the process was already ongoing.
    When I reached the on site interviews they weren't actually on site (I live in a different country) but via skype. I had 3 meetings and they changed times and interviewers while I was doing the interviews. Really not a confortable experience.

All of my interviews went apparently well, but I didn't get an offer and they cut me off with a meaningless template email. I asked for more informations and they actually replied with more helpful details. That was really appreciated.

Overall it was a great experience and, even though I didn't get an offer, I learnt a lot from it.

Interview Questions

• WRITTEN TEST - Write a specification for a given feature (involving the use of web service)   1 Answer
    • If you were to create an app for you sports team, which features, and with which priority, would you include?   Answer Question
    • How do you think the garbage collector of an oo language manages the deallocation of memory?   Answer Question
    • What's the one time you have been really creative?   Answer Question
    • Choose one Microsoft product you use and/or like and tell me what you would add/modify   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via the MSFT careers site, and then was referred by an FTE. Since I had an internal referral, they bypassed the phone interview and I went straight in for a full round of in-person interviews; I interviewed with five people in five separate one-on-one sessions over the course of about seven hours. Interviewers consisted of the hiring manager, the skip-level manager (director), an individual in another group that partners closely with their group, and a couple teammates the successful candidate would work with. Every single individual was very nice, seemingly genuine, obviously smart, and very excited about the company and direction their group was headed. They were clearly focused on ensuring they picked the right person to accomplish their specific goals.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were truly very conversational. Each interviewer started with something like, "Tell me about yourself; describe your background and what you're looking to do next." They also asked, "Why Microsoft? Why this particular role/team?" After that, a question would spark a real back-and-forth conversation with situational/behavioral questions laced in to keep it going. Go in prepared for this type of situation. Be absolutely genuine, and just have meaningful conversations; don't fabricate stories or exaggerate your skills or experience.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2017.

Interview

The process (MACH recruiting in Europe) shortly:
    1. Online application (CV +info on the website)
    2.Phone screening-basic information concerning resume, very quick and pleasant
    3. Skype-around 40min with somebody from HR, I was notified before it ended that they would like to continue talking and reach out to schedule appointment
    4.AC happened 5days later, it was on-site, consisting of talking to 2HR recruiters and 7hiring managers.
    5. Decision. And this is crucial! I was notified that I am not a good fit for the role, but at the end landed a much better job @ Microsoft. Listen, my receuiter at Microsoft became my friend, I'm not kidding. Się was extremely helpful, provided me with feedback and although I was disappointed, I appreciated the time and friendly atmosphere of the process. Don't underestimate the power of thank you notes/w-mails. They proposed to schedule an interview for a PM role for me. It's amazing how they figure out which role would you be good at! I'm starting in a week, I'm very excited!

Interview Questions

• Favourite product-I said Azure   1 Answer
    • What motivates you, your working style   1 Answer
    • If you could change something about MS produktami What would it be?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 days of panel interviews. First day was a virtual interview (over Skype) with 2 managers. On the 2nd day was face-to-face, again with 2 managers. On the 1st interview day the questions were specific to my actual experience. The 2nd day wasn't good--I was quizzed on academic questions as items contained in the PMBOK. I believe these were unnecessary and intended only to confuse and intimidate the candidate.

Interview Questions

• From the PMBOK, what are the inputs in preparing a communication plan?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter interview and check-ins were by far the most engaging. With 5 back-to-back interviews I expected them to cover significant or unique territory but they all pretty much asked the same questions over and over. The interviewers also seemed less engaged than the recruiter in the hiring process. Plus the most important interview they scheduled for the very last after many exhausting hours which was not ideal.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview was setup by my company for the role.
    Interview type:
    Techno functional interview questions.

Interviewer wanted to make sure that he is getting what he wanted or what the project required.

It was a 1:1 session of approx. 30 minutes.

The interview was well paced and all scenarios starting from Project Mgmt. to Technical and process areas were touched during the interview.

They were keen on seeing the approach that is being taken to approach any problem and made sure that I am hands on as well. So that I can contribute as and when assignment demanded.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself.
      Q: Current project tasks & challenges.
      Q: Any difficult scenario that you faced and how it was handled.
      Q: Further scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a long day, 5 interviews, but very well planned. Employees were very professional and respectful. There didn't seem to be any tricks, just comfortable. They were very upfront about the contenders and the timeline of the process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked with about 7 people. They passed some information about me to one another, most likely specifying areas that needs additional validation. I was tired at the end. Most likely the idea is to verify how the candidate behave, when he is tired.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.