Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied to the position via website. Recruiter called me back and set up a phone screener for a week later. The phone screen consisted of 2 design questions, one of which was to design a parking garage in the center of the city. Interviewer was very pleasant. Received an invitation to fly out to seattle a week later. Had 3 interviews and a lunch over the course of the morning. All questions were design related, with interviewers asking me to create an online book store for a university, a CMS for a private business and a universal remote control. Interviewers were fairly nice, but no personality questions or questions about my experience at all. Didn't make it past the third interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview started with background of the position and the department, as well as the purpose of the project. Then talked about myself for about 5-7 minutes. There were 2 situational questions asked at the end.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

- Phone interview went well. Pretty good with hiring manager.
    - I was provided with a couple of recruiters which was good. Great to know that I was being recommended internally.
    - Typical all day interview as I read about. Wasn't impressed with the managers but went along.
    - Was treated well with the travel.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical questions. Nothing that hard really. I prepared pretty well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

- No wiggle room at all on salary, stocks, or bonus. Very discouraging. Squeezed out a little for stocks, like 200 shares. No big win. The recruiter appeared bothered that I was even negotiating.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer went over the position and what he requires. It then went on to be a fairly technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What were the toughest decisions you had to make in your role as a Team leader and what consequences did you think they would have ? However once you carried out the decisions what consequences did they actually have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions about how much experience I had.

Interview Questions

• Say you're a cobbler and I want to buy a pair of shoes... what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a children's alarm clock   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and prompted to apply online for project manager-public sector position and schedule a phone interview. Interviewer was senior-level HR and was very straightforward and somewhat abrasive at times. Typical behavioral-type questions with the exception of a few unique questions; asking you to explain a fairly basic technical subject (e.g. the internet, databases) to someone like a "child" or "your grandmother" and asking you to describe yourself (strengths/weaknesses etc..) from the perspective of a prior employer or peer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your previous supervisor from two jobs ago (e.g. not your most recent supervisor) would describe as your three greatest weaknesses and how would your most recent supervisor respond to that and describe your three greatest strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Brain teasers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. first interview was via phone with HR screener. Next was via phone with hiring manager. Last was a day in the office with 6 different individuals, starting with HR, then several individuals from the department/team, then the hiring manager, and lastly the "as appropriate". Offer came via HR contact, as did all negotiations, however the hiring manager also did contact me via email.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview was quite calm and smooth. One on one interview trying to assess which role would best fit myself.

Interview Questions

• Explaining various things to older/younger people scenarios   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The first interview was completely a fit interview. Kind of surprised that they didn't ask anything really substantive. Some PM specific questions, but could be for any position. The interview was initially set up as being for any of Project Management or Software Development positions, but the interviewer asked which positions I was interested in and tailored the rest from there.

Interview Questions

• What about Microsoft are you excited about, and where would you like to work?

Suppose you went on a vacation and the engineers developed several applications. How do you prioritize implementing these developments.   Answer Question