Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview was setup by my company for the role.
Interview type:
Techno functional interview questions.

Interviewer wanted to make sure that he is getting what he wanted or what the project required.

It was a 1:1 session of approx. 30 minutes.

The interview was well paced and all scenarios starting from Project Mgmt. to Technical and process areas were touched during the interview.

They were keen on seeing the approach that is being taken to approach any problem and made sure that I am hands on as well. So that I can contribute as and when assignment demanded.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself.
    Q: Current project tasks & challenges.
    Q: Any difficult scenario that you faced and how it was handled.
    Q: Further scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an email for an on campus interview. Lasted about an hour. Nothing tricky. Heard back about two weeks later that I would not be moving forward in the interview process. Generally nice people to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What is one website that you think does not work well and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Troy, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Get on-campus interview after about 3 weeks of campus career fair as freshman. Interview includes behavior interview about resume and coding interview. The interviewer first ask some question about my project and discussed some details. He then introduced his position in Microsoft. We then have a coding test.

Interview Questions

• How to combine n sorted array in one sorted array   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a long day, 5 interviews, but very well planned. Employees were very professional and respectful. There didn't seem to be any tricks, just comfortable. They were very upfront about the contenders and the timeline of the process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with a technical interview in person, going over a few behavioral questions and one technical question. Followed up with flying out to Seattle for a five round series of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer gets to pick the questions they asked. Many of them asked open-ended design questions, such as "how would you design a TV?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter interview and check-ins were by far the most engaging. With 5 back-to-back interviews I expected them to cover significant or unique territory but they all pretty much asked the same questions over and over. The interviewers also seemed less engaged than the recruiter in the hiring process. Plus the most important interview they scheduled for the very last after many exhausting hours which was not ideal.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked with about 7 people. They passed some information about me to one another, most likely specifying areas that needs additional validation. I was tired at the end. Most likely the idea is to verify how the candidate behave, when he is tired.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Spoke to four different project managers over the course of four hours. In each interview I was asked to design something for a specific problem. I was given lunch at the halfway point between the interviews. When not with a manager I was with a large group of potential interns. We were told they would take as many as they felt performed well. There was no maximum.

Interview Questions

• Redesign a mobile site that you use.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

one round of school interview through recruiter, one phone interview general questions about background, one on-site interview: it included back to back interviews, 1-1, with different group members, each one about one hour. they responded in 1 day. very positive experience with challenging questions, even if you do not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• there are so many challenging questions that you have never heard of. the goal is to check your problem solving skills   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very Smooth, No need to worry about this at all.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft Interview Experience

On-Campus Interview (30 Mins)
      1) Tell me something about yourself
      2) Most difficult project so far?
      Why--- Drilled as much as he can

On-Site Interview at Redmond
      HR- Basically explained me the entire interview process.

Three Rounds of Interview
      Round-1(60 Mins)
      1) Tell me something about yourself:
      2) Any Interesting Project?
       In between Several Question on the project
      3) What was your role?
      4) Overall Impact of the project on the department?
      5) Design a wireless speaker for a home stereo system?
      6) Draw a conceptual Diagram

Round-2(60 Mins) with Principal Lead Program Manager
      1) Tell me something about yourself?
      2) Explained another project?
      3) Drilled down to the lowest possible level
      4) Think out of the box in the project?
      5) Any piece of software that you don't like and why you don't like?
      -- Opened that application in front of me and asked several questions?

Lunch-- Conversation about Phone Apps

Round-3(90 Mins) Group Program Manager
      1) Talked about project and my work
      2) What was your most difficult Project?
      3) Do something with a Grocery Store
      4) Design a Game App? Any Game app?
      5) If you get a chance to do any kind of job in the world. In which job you can have highest impact.
      ------------------------------------------------   Answer Question