Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for PM position. They asked me about my experiences and told me to design a weather thermometer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Project Manager Interview

Interview

1 phone screen with Human Resources, 2 in person interviews at the office location in one day with current employees and benefits overview from HR rep. Well coordinated and overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the internet to your grandparents?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was nervous but the interviewer appeared to be understanding and didn't make me feel under pressure. There were times I did not know how to answer the question and the interviewer was patient and further explained the question.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain calculus to a 5 year old?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Rolla, MO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an university recruiting process. They emailed me if I am available sometime for the Project Manager position even though I don't remember applying for this position. But I still appreciate for this chance as experiences.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through a university recruiter. I had one 45 min. on campus interview then got an email saying I made it to the final rounds. They flew me out to Redmond, Seattle.

Interview Questions

• If an airport management came to you with the issue of airport traffic problems and wanted to reduce delays, how would you go about reducing delays?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The first thing they asked me was algorithm question. Can't remember what it was exactly, but it was implied that in order to apply project manager position, you are supposed to be able to handle coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Find a minimum depth of a binary tree   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

It was an over the phone process, after which I decided not to pursue the opportunity as I received another offer. It was, however, an easy process and is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your project management experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus interview . I networked with them at a career fair, and was invited to apply online. After 3 weeks, I was offered a 30-minute on-campus interview. There were 5 minutes of behavioral questions, a 20-minute design session, and 5 minutes reserved for any questions that I had.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager calls and says that when we got your resume it was perfect as we need someone with your background. But I need someone technical. I did tell him I have technical experience in networking (which is what he was looking for) but it’s been very long time and I am out of touch. So he goes like so if I give you a day or two would that be enough to go over the concepts and then I call you again and interview you. I said Yes. He said I will call you next day. I spent who day and night going over all the concepts. The time of the interview comes and he never calls. I called him to which I was told “I cannot talk right now”. An hour passes he calls and says I was stuck in important meeting. And he cannot call me tomorrow as he is on vacation so it has to be Next week. He said he will schedule interview and send me invite via email. Guess what happened next? No invite and no reply for the emails. I sent him 3 or 4 emails asking if he is still interested in interviewing. Nothing!!! Until after few weeks I get automated email of “sorry we will not consider you for the role”. The amount of unprofessionalism I observed was mind boggling.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter phone screen > peer interview > peer interview > onsite manager interview. The team were friendly, questions were a little dry but comprehensive. Phone screen gave me a good overview of the process and things moved pretty quickly from there. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a project was failing and how you responded.   Answer Question