Microsoft Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Very conversational - it was mostly about my past experience and the interviewer explained me various roles and where I thought I would fit the best. We then talked about his experience at Microsoft.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied directly through the school recruiting website. 1 on-campus interview. Afterwards, submit the preference and function for the full time job. The on-site interview will be based on your preference, could be at Chicago, New York, Seattle.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Reached out to by an internal sourcer CC who seemed to be too busy at all times to do his job. Took a week for him to get back to me to set up an initial call, somehow couldn't answer any emails in that time to let me know he was too busy. After our initial call he then seemed to not be able to answer any calls and only returned emails after 10pm which does nobody any good. The day of our prep call which was the day before my job interview he all of a sudden had phone problems and kept disconnecting on me. Which I understand that stuff like that happens but after the second disconnection he didn't even have the professional decency to email me to tell me he would call me when his phone was back to working. Instead I had emailed him a few times seeing if we could finish the prep and he didn't respond at all. Hands down the worst experience I have had with any corporate recruiter. This recruiter also told me 2 days after the interview I would have an answer and that was not the case either. A week later I had to send out a few emails asking what was going on in which all I got was a generic email from a different recruiter. This sourcer should really evaluate the way they do their job. They preached a great candidate experience but from this end it was the most unprofessional experience ever.

However the hiring managers I interviewed with were extremely good people and made their part of the process pleasant.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall the process at Microsoft is like a well oiled machine. Call from a recruiter that finds you a fit, phone interview to screen you, one on one with the hiring manager if you are a high level candidate, then to the interview rounds. Do not be fooled by the "final rounds" interviews. This is just one day that all candidates are brought in to interview at one time. While you have been the "finalists" chosen, there is probably a 50% chance they have already chosen an internal Microsoft candidate to fill the role and they just need to fulfill their EEOC requirements. That is my honest opinion.
    They begged me to hold off an offer from another competitor company which I did while they are aligning up the team that would be interviewing.
    The day of the final rounds was nothing short of impressive.
    Sign in, go to your room and managers come to you one at a time for hour long interviews. Exhausting day, Overall, expect 7-10 meetings from the Recruiter to the final rounds to get an offer.
    My other job offer that is now frozen in an internal reorg right now.
    Microsoft chose internal candidate which I realized was the case when I met for my final round day.
    Tone was 100% different than on the phone when he was literally begging me to come in.

2. The other problem with Microsoft is that if you have one final round of interviews for one job and they refer you as a great Microsoft employee the other recruiters and HMs can see your interviewers comments from your day there which can negatively impact the next position you apply for.

I'd say overall Microsoft is lower level than most competitors I've worked for.
    Not polished or impressive overall in my opinion.
    Nicest people in the world that you would definitely want to work with, but I'd say be weary of applying for jobs at Microsoft, you have a 10% chance of getting an offer unless you're already there OR unless you have a big hookup, which I actually had but decided I wanted to get the job on my own, which didn't happen.
    What the interviewing panel did not know is that I personally know the Executive who could've made one phone call to get me the job. Instead I went after this putting my trust in the managers promises.
    In the end, I lost out on my job offer in hand (which may get unfrozen) and the job with Microsoft which would have been my number one choice.

Both jobs had terrible patches to sell in or issues that were nearly insurmountable, but I was willing to give it a shot.
    Overall despite my comments I would say this is a very positive interview process with the recruiters, schedulers and managers who show up prepared on the final rounds day.
    But Microsoft is definitely not forthcoming with visibility into an internal candidate already basically who has the job and the 80 hours you put into preparing technically for these discussions.
    Disappointing, unprofessional and a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• All the ones listed on Glass Doors, also client related and sales related questions.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was great. I had an awesome time learning about the company and who works there and the employees. I think if i went to school I would be more prepared and such.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Three people interviews for 30 minutes. The interviews were first over the phone and then in their office. They were friendly and on time. The interviews were for a sales position. It was not direct sales since they sell through partners. They asked about contract experience and large deals. Questions were about knowledge of Microsoft products, terms, how to structure large ELA and other related items.

Interview Questions

• Expand on your previous experience. Education. Ability to work with people   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Straightforward with no trick questions. Process was dragged on longer than expected. Overall a good experience to take place in. Mostly situational questions and personality to follow. Be prepared to fit culturally.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Had to go through 10 interviews but did not get an offer. Very tough questions. They ask you to put together a 90 day business plan and present in a group format. They ask you about your biggest sales win from previous job and ask for 10 referrals from previous supervisors. They also call each of these previous supervisors. They ask for a written sales proposal and ask you to do it during an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you ? What is your biggest sales win thru far ?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview with a panel and breakout sessions. Waste of 8 hours of my day and not compensated for the process. Not quite at the minimum word count for this stupid

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not apply directly/specifically, but a friend sent my resume through internally and I was brought in to speak with people about an open role.

Really odd and inconvenient interview process. There are three people involved pre interview - two separate recruiters and a staffing company. All 3 got their wires crossed a couple of times leading up to the interview, but they were nice, responsive and helpful. Scheduling process was messy, though.

Interview lasted 6 hours - 3 interviews in the morning then a useless two hour break, then one more interview. Could not leave the premises so had to sit alone in a tiny room/wander around an empty lobby for 2 hours. Lunch was provided but no one told me it was there until I asked.

Was interviewing for a senior position with mostly very junior folks. They asked silly questions that were irrelevant to the job, and seemed visibly thrown when I started asking them specific questions about the job I was interviewing for. The type of interview where they talk and talk and talk about themselves but are not sure how to react to questions. Probably okay for a lot of people, I didn't like it. You definitely need to go into the room with an insanely eager attitude - at my career level, I'm looking for an educated conversation - not so much the dog and pony show type of interview. This was definitely the latter.

Office was dreary and dismal and they stuck me in a tiny room, almost like an interrogation room, for 6 hours. Really uncomfortable, created an uneasy vibe.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.