Microsoft Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Senior Software Development Engineer

Microsoft Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.3

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I had an interview with 6 different people for 2 different position after 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's the test process that ensures that your code is good to go?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

On site from internal referral

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Technical and coding questions are focused on CS fundamentals.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Long interviews, very good recruiters, but hard to get interviews if you are applying without a reference from a employee

Negotiation

No negociation

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume directly to the hiring manager. After one round of phone interview with hiring manager, I got invited to the onsite interview. In the beginning of the day, HR gave me a list of only three interviewers, all principal engineers. It was very friendly, mostly about my previous industry and PhD work and then some domain specific questions to test my knowledge in different corners in this field. After three rounds, if they don't like you, they may let you go immediately. For me, I have extra four more rounds. One is with a younger engineer who asked more about programming questions followed by another very senior person who asked pretty advanced questions in the field. And then one round with hiring manger who is very technical and asked questions from high level to low level in the field. The last round was a long long time interview with manager's manager. He basically introduced their projects and talk generally to me in different areas. It lasted two and half hours. I finished at 7:00PM.

Negotiation

HR called after interview and tried to figure out how much I want. I said I want standard senior software development engineer package or slightly better. They gave me an offer that I am satisfied with. I accepted without negotiation.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got email from Microsoft recruiter, followed by phone calls. They setup a phone screen. then took them about 2 months to setup onsite interview. Scheduling was a bit disorganized on the recruiter part.
    Some of the interviewers are very friendly and cool, some of them seem to not like to be doing these interviews.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Midlothian, VA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a job out of state. I was offered an interview, but they would not fly me out to their offices. I would have had to front that all myself.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter from Linkedin. Microsoft recruiter is working effectively and professionally. From informational talk, to phone screen, to onsite, to extend offer, very smooth and effective. Though I did not take the offer, I really got impressed with their recruiting process

compensation and career growth

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

As internal interview process, I had only 3 interviews to go through. But when I joined as SDE 15 years ago, it was quite different. They usually schedule first 3 interview loops. If all 3 interviews goes well, then it will proceed to 2 more interviews. Usually last interview is by hiring manager and he will sometimes ask tough question, but most likely it is just formality.

Interview Questions

• Read XML file and create N-array tree   3 Answers
    • Given graph with two dimensional array, some positions will set to 1 and others will be set to 0. find number of continuous islands.   3 Answers

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter on my LinkedIn account. The job seemed interesting, with their game studio. Supposedly they're working on some kind of super-secret project over there that not even a signed NDA can loose their lips about.

But they reassured me this wasn't a games job that generalists were welcomed.

Initial phone screen was pleasant, but real tough. We mostly talked about C++, STL containers, 3D game math.

To my surprise, I was invited for a F2F. So I brushed up on my game theory, C++, algorithms, data structures, etc etc.

On the day of the interview: get up to their location, very nice setup. Was basically grilled for 6 hrs, but not on the subjects I expected. It was mostly questions I'd find typically asked for a game programming job. One linked list question, one for sifting through badly written D3D code, and another was a puzzle question.

Basically was given the boot the following Monday. Got the standard corp rejection letter for my trouble. Still, I felt I kicked butt at the interview. I did experience Seattle's LOVELY weather and Friday afternoon getaway rush hour ...NOT!

But it shows me yet again, that game jobs that SAY they are looking for non-gamer blood, and do the exact opposite, why I don't pursue game dev jobs as a rule.

Interview Questions

• how to determine if 2 linked lists are merged at a common node in O(n) time   1 Answer
    • construct a data structure that, given a dictionary of words, can form all words while traversing a "boggle grid"   2 Answers

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

5 rounds, the first one is easy, the coming 3 are getting tougher, if you are lucky, you will see the HM. sometimes people will have 6 rounds, depends on team