Microsoft Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and I did a phone interview that was around 45 minutes long. Was offered a final round interview but declined due to location.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current favorite piece of technology   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Two 45 minute interviews via teams. One was technical one was management. Overall fun interview and gave the feel like the company wanted to bring me on board. The questions where not over the top and if you didn't know the answer that was okay because they do not expect you to know everything.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past jobs.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online in July, shortly within 2 weeks after that, I was contacted to get a 1st round interview set up. Once the 1st round finished, I was told the hiring manager would be the next loop if they decide to move forward.

Let me be perfectly clear here, I continuously followed up with the recruiter for this position from 8/13 starting with a couple thank you notes and the recruiter never once replied.

I didn't hear from the hiring manager until 10/14 to set up the 2nd round loop for 2 days later on 10/16.

10/16 everything sounds great and that I'll be expecting an offer as there is talk of a start date and paperwork being drawn up.

However, I come to find out from a phone call on 11/20, they are moving forward with another candidate....let me summarize here...nearly 4 months from applying to getting a final response....for a Support Engineer role and on top of it, being done a bait and switch on, really?

Interview Questions

• If you do not have an answer to a customer's question, what would be your course of action?   3 Answers

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ammannsville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ammannsville, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

3 technical interview over skype and one managerial interview . The technical interviews were tuogh, about 20% related to Azure field and 80% is for scenrios like slow reponse and unreachabe VMs

Interview Questions

• What are your strenghts and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was surprised to find there was really not many technical questions asked they really wanted to get to know me, and my personality they asked mostly behavioral and hypothetical questions

Interview Questions

• If I lost my notes today what is three things you would want me to remember about you?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Las Colonias, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about 7 weeks, starting off with a phone interview of mainly behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" , and "describe how you would teach your grandmother how to use the internet", etc. After the phone interview I received an email a week later inviting me to fly out for the in person final interview in Texas. There I had 3 interviews with 3 different managers from different locations 45 minutes each, also having to prepare a 10 minute presentation for one of these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   1 Answer
    • How would you teach your grandmother how to use the internet?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was encouraged by a recruiter to apply for this post and did the 2 long interviews. Despite being assured by every recruiter in the process that they "Would be very straight forward in communicating" they were NOT! Im honestly not upset that I didnt get the job, but I was assured that my investment of many hours of interview time would result in SOME feedback either positive or negative. If I suck please tell me how/why so I can better myself. However after 2 weeks and a follow up that I had to initiate the only response I got was

"Thank you for following up. The team decided to move forward with another candidate. Thank you for your time and interest in Microsoft."

When you have me invest hours of my time and you promise me feedback, I want my feedback so i can Improve. Im very disappointed in Microsoft. You are obviously to big to care anymore which sucks.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied through Microsoft Career Portal. There are many different support roles available and I applied to all of them that I thought my profile and competencies could meet. I received interviews for two different support roles. I got positive feedback from the hiring manager for the first interview but I didn't get the offer since it was finally given to the internal candidate. However, I got the offer for the second role.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, e.g. how to handle angry customers, etc. Technical questions, e.g. OSI layers, etc.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Las Colonias, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was 4 hours long, with 45 minutes rounds and 10 minutes in between, a total of 4 rounds. The interviews were pretty easy and people were laid back. Be prepared for questions related to customer experience and situation analysis. My only complaint is that the HR department took more than 3 weeks to reach out and all of that time for a NO.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   3 Answers
    • Explain a grandma that speaks no english how to send an email over the phone   2 Answers

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got recruited on linkedIn and told to send my resume. Had a phone interview a couple weeks later just having me describe what I do at my school IT job.

Couple weeks later, received the email that they are flying me out to Las Colinas, Texas for the interview.

The day before the interview, they set up a social dinner where you can eat/drink and talk to other people interviewing as well as current employees of microsoft who will be doing the Interview. Highly recommend attending this as it calms your nerves a lot and lets you get to know some of the microsoft employees before they interview you.

The interview was the next day with a morning session and an afternoon session. My guess is there was about 20-25 people per session. You then have 4 separate one on one interviews each about 45 minutes long.

Interview mostly consisted of me explaining what i've learned in school and my internship. I didn't receive any technical questions, mostly just be confident in what you're talking about.
     But make sure to ask them questions too, make it more of a conversation then an interview.

Received my offer 2 weeks later. Can't wait to be starting at the largest software company in the world!

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer or problem you faced and how did you face it   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.