Microsoft Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Apr 2019

3.2

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Submitted my resume online under customer facing technology division. About a month later heard back from a recruiter that I was selected for an initial phone interview.
2. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked: Why Microsoft, How would you teach your grandma how to use a computer, How do you know when to stop, Show me your passion for technology, etc.
3. About 2 months after I was notified I was selected for an onsite interview at Las Colinas, TX. There were about 50 of us in the afternoon session ( another 50 in the morning session). The flight, hotel and all travel expenses were covered by Microsoft. I was individually interviewed by 4 Microsofties, from SEEs to managers. Most of the questions were behavioral, such as tell me about this project you've completed, tell me about yourself, why Microsoft, etc. I had to do several role-plays, such as handling a frustrated customer who doesn't want to talk to me or an angry customer who demands reimbursement, etc. I was asked to explain a segment of code in C++ ( because I listed it on my resume) and explain which hardware component in a computer is most brittle. Some other interviewees also were asked questions like guess a number from 1-20, what would you do if tomorrow is the end of the world, etc, but I weren't asked such questions. Make sure you ask the interviewers questions too!
4. Got a phone call the day after the interview and I was told that I was extended an offer. I am so happy and excited to join the team soon!!!

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft, How would you teach your grandma how to use a computer, How do you know when to stop, Show me your passion for technology, tell me about this project you've completed, tell me about yourself, explain which hardware component in a computer is most brittle, guess a number from 1-20, what would you do if tomorrow is the end of the world, [ int *p = 0; p += 200; fprintf("%u/n, p), what is the end result? ]   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty typical of any large corporation. Application, HR Phone Screen, Technical Phone Screen, 4 Hour Panel Interview. The entire process was about 4 weeks long and there was a little back n forth over salary.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter via LinkedIn about the job. I applied online and did a Phone interview first. Then I was called in for an on-campus interview at the Texas campus.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain the internet to my grand-mother, how would you describe it?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I secured a technical phone screen for the position through a recruiting agency and was told it would take a maximum of 30 minutes. It ended up being a 15 minute conversation in which I was asked questions about the languages / technologies involved with the role. At the end of the call I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with NodeJS and C#.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2012.

Interview

At Microsoft you will get screened by the engineers doing the job already. Having a positive attitude and saying you don't know is essential. If you try to bs the engineer you will get a no hire recommendation. We ask questions about a subject until you don't know an answer, then move on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• It will depend on what you interview for. usually something to do with a skill listed on the resume, and questions you will need to know for the job. We don't have a master list of questions, so each interview is different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This site is good for finding a base salary to counter with if they are low.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a message through LinkedIn to submit my resume. I did then received a phone interview. After the phone interview I was brought to Charlotte for an in person interview.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a linkedin mail asking for my resume, after that I was set up for a phone interview. I was then emailed about 3 weeks later that I was selected from the phone interview and they would like to fly me out to Dallas. 10 days later I was in Dallas. I was there for 3 days; the first night we met with other candidates and the interviewers. The next day my interview started at 1pm and lasted till 5pm. 4- 45 minute interviews with 15 minute breaks in between.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a conditional statement in programming?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I first received a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard behavioral questions: why Microsoft? explain internet to your grandmother?, etc. One month later, I received phone call to come out to the Microsoft campus for face to face interviews.

I had four interviews. Only one real technical interview all others behavioral. It was a 4 to 5 hour process. I received the results of interview within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who couldn't fix computer mouse?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview: About 15 mins
    Typical Questions.
    The recruiter was very nice so that heled me calm down a bit. It does help to go over your resume just to refresh on your experience. The only question that through off was "How would you explain the internet to my 80 year-old grandma"?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you worked where you had some hardships?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The process took almost 2 months, 2 tech rounds with 3 interviewers and 1 behavior round with 2 managers. I wasn't updated during the process, but got hired at the end.
    You need strong foundations at the product, but good thing they consider (a lot) your willingness to learn and self study). They care most about your soft skills than other thing, like lies or looking at the internet for answers while speaking with interviewers. I know some people that failed because of that. Background check is also take seriously, no space for lies in your resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.