Microsoft Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was encouraged by a recruiter to apply for this post and did the 2 long interviews. Despite being assured by every recruiter in the process that they "Would be very straight forward in communicating" they were NOT! Im honestly not upset that I didnt get the job, but I was assured that my investment of many hours of interview time would result in SOME feedback either positive or negative. If I suck please tell me how/why so I can better myself. However after 2 weeks and a follow up that I had to initiate the only response I got was

"Thank you for following up. The team decided to move forward with another candidate. Thank you for your time and interest in Microsoft."

When you have me invest hours of my time and you promise me feedback, I want my feedback so i can Improve. Im very disappointed in Microsoft. You are obviously to big to care anymore which sucks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Las Colonias, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was 4 hours long, with 45 minutes rounds and 10 minutes in between, a total of 4 rounds. The interviews were pretty easy and people were laid back. Be prepared for questions related to customer experience and situation analysis. My only complaint is that the HR department took more than 3 weeks to reach out and all of that time for a NO.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer
    • Explain a grandma that speaks no english how to send an email over the phone   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ammannsville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ammannsville, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

3 technical interview over skype and one managerial interview . The technical interviews were tuogh, about 20% related to Azure field and 80% is for scenrios like slow reponse and unreachabe VMs

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I secured a technical phone screen for the position through a recruiting agency and was told it would take a maximum of 30 minutes. It ended up being a 15 minute conversation in which I was asked questions about the languages / technologies involved with the role. At the end of the call I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with NodeJS and C#.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a linkedin mail asking for my resume, after that I was set up for a phone interview. I was then emailed about 3 weeks later that I was selected from the phone interview and they would like to fly me out to Dallas. 10 days later I was in Dallas. I was there for 3 days; the first night we met with other candidates and the interviewers. The next day my interview started at 1pm and lasted till 5pm. 4- 45 minute interviews with 15 minute breaks in between.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a conditional statement in programming?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I first received a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard behavioral questions: why Microsoft? explain internet to your grandmother?, etc. One month later, I received phone call to come out to the Microsoft campus for face to face interviews.

I had four interviews. Only one real technical interview all others behavioral. It was a 4 to 5 hour process. I received the results of interview within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who couldn't fix computer mouse?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a message through LinkedIn to submit my resume. I did then received a phone interview. After the phone interview I was brought to Charlotte for an in person interview.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty typical of any large corporation. Application, HR Phone Screen, Technical Phone Screen, 4 Hour Panel Interview. The entire process was about 4 weeks long and there was a little back n forth over salary.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Submitted my resume online under customer facing technology division. About a month later heard back from a recruiter that I was selected for an initial phone interview.
    2. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked: Why Microsoft, How would you teach your grandma how to use a computer, How do you know when to stop, Show me your passion for technology, etc.
    3. About 2 months after I was notified I was selected for an onsite interview at Las Colinas, TX. There were about 50 of us in the afternoon session ( another 50 in the morning session). The flight, hotel and all travel expenses were covered by Microsoft. I was individually interviewed by 4 Microsofties, from SEEs to managers. Most of the questions were behavioral, such as tell me about this project you've completed, tell me about yourself, why Microsoft, etc. I had to do several role-plays, such as handling a frustrated customer who doesn't want to talk to me or an angry customer who demands reimbursement, etc. I was asked to explain a segment of code in C++ ( because I listed it on my resume) and explain which hardware component in a computer is most brittle. Some other interviewees also were asked questions like guess a number from 1-20, what would you do if tomorrow is the end of the world, etc, but I weren't asked such questions. Make sure you ask the interviewers questions too!
    4. Got a phone call the day after the interview and I was told that I was extended an offer. I am so happy and excited to join the team soon!!!

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft, How would you teach your grandma how to use a computer, How do you know when to stop, Show me your passion for technology, tell me about this project you've completed, tell me about yourself, explain which hardware component in a computer is most brittle, guess a number from 1-20, what would you do if tomorrow is the end of the world, [ int *p = 0; p += 200; fprintf("%u/n, p), what is the end result? ]   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter via LinkedIn about the job. I applied online and did a Phone interview first. Then I was called in for an on-campus interview at the Texas campus.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain the internet to my grand-mother, how would you describe it?   1 Answer