Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Dec 2018

3.2

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and conversations with MS employees. Everyone was amazingly friendly and helpful. I completed the in-person interview and everyone was supportive and open. It was a long day and process in general but still went very smoothly and I was kept in good communication so I always knew what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of almost impossible to get it right questions. Just mostly focused on how you handle pressure and difficult situations/personalities.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

First a telephone interview with a speed reader and her script. Phone Tech screen easy. I nvite for a face to face so disorganized. Was handed off to this person and then to another person I thought it was a joke. No one response to questions prior to flying out. The day before you leave they send you a ppt and say prepare to deliver this.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but plenty of stupid questions. Example, where is my data kept with office 365 coming from the role play director of IT. Rather than trying to find out who you are and what makes you think the way you do, the role play was a table full of employees from a client that behaved like brats in pre school including spending far too much time arguing with each other. I have worked in the industry for 20 years with major premiere hardware and software clients and none behaved like this group of snoogle wanna be's..... Even when the system went down at a brokerage house.

They had to have watched the movie "The Internship" and Mr. Chetty was front and center. The arrogance of the team got in the way of my desire to want to work for Microsoft.

As you leave the interviews the hiring manager assures you will hear something next week. Nada, zero, nothing, even after reaching out and asking what's the decision. Big promises - little deliver.   Answer Question

I checked this because if anyone would have got back to me with an offer I would have declined.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Recruiter screen, tech screen, team lead telephonic, then a series of face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How many piano tuners are there in the world   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter and yes.no acceptance. No negotiations

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

No Pros at all because interviewer was not prepared

Interview Questions

• Asking about company structure and future growth which is totally Unexpected Question because how person who is not in the organization will know the strategic plan for company growth. Interviewer didnt ask any question related to job or requirement.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter at a career fair at my college, was contacted via email about a month later. Had a two phone interviews and then an full-day on-site interview in Seattle. Was very smooth, friendly and if you had the technical knowledge and were a strong interviewer, this should not be as impossible as you think. Every interviewer was very friendly and it was like we were just having a lunch conversation.

Interview Questions

• Last interviewer said I had been doing very, very well and asked me why Microsoft shouldn't hire me.   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, except for location.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied to the position online and they requested a phone interview within a month. The interview was pretty straight forward and had no technical questions. It lasted for just half and hour and part of the time was spent talking about the position and the interviewer's experience with Microsoft. That left only about 15 minutes worth of behavioral questions and general running through my resume.

I heard back about 2 weeks after this phone interview and was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just basic questions about my resume and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was insane. Way too long. Too many people involved. There was definitely worth to what they were asking and getting at but it was like each interview, whether by phone or video or in person were asking the same things. They could really save time and money if they reviewed the process and slimmed it down.

Interview Questions

• Elevator pitches are the hardest thing for me to do and one of the phone interviewers wanted me to pop one off on the spur of the moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate anything, salary, stock options, etc.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Interview

Was put through a mock technical issues with a client. I tried my best not knowing all the rules of being a TAM are. this was two years ago. Still waiting on an answer from them whether I got the job or not. Obvisously I did not get it. Some closure would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Mock situation with a client was difficult not knowing the rules of what a TAM is allowed to do and not do.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied a couple of months and totally forgot I even applied. June 2014. Got an email mid August scheduling initial phone interview. No updates for a couple of weeks then an email for phone interview (30 - 45 minutes). Had the interview and thought it went well. Waited over a month no follow up. Sent follow up / Thank you email right after interview and not even a word. The phone interview itself showed I knew more in my 13 years than the TAM I interviewed with who only had about 3 yrs experience....it was a good knowledge exchange.

I do have to say I observed some arrogance on the part of the interviewer (after-all they're Microsoft). It may be a great company but honestly I'm not impressed.

Whole process took about 3 months. Thankfully they were just one of many options I had on the table. Had to pass on the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straight forward. Just one about a system platform that I felt was interesting.   1 Answer

They came across as being arrogant and childish over the fact that they're "Microsoft".

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a initial face to face to face followed by 3 phone interviews. Very professional interviewers mostly behavioral questions. Few scenario questions were asked such as If you were in a elevator with a CFO of one of your companies and he asked you to explain the cloud. What would you say? Actually enjoyed my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you had a boss who disagreed with a plan and wanted you to do it differently. How did you overcome that?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.