Mollie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Mollie Interview Questions

Interviews at Mollie

Global SaaS Partnership Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2020.

Interview

Apply Online>Interview invitation after 3 weeks>Interview scheule in 2 weeks> Recruiter Screw up and forget about the candidate location and tells to confirm back in 24 hours>Hear nback from 4 weeks that you are not selected.

Mollie brags a lot of their culture, diversity, and how unique they are. Fortunately, it's Mollie who brags about it hence one can easily doubt and not potential candidates/employees actual. feedback. Their recent unicorn status has already made them very rude, self-arrogant, and over the cloud when it comes to talking with candidates. A professional at a basic level needs to be executed.

My suggestion, even if you are in negotiation with them and holding another offer, go for the later. Mollie is unpredictable and their words can't be taken for granted(Feedback from one of my known contacts who interviewed for the same role). A major gap indeed

Engineering Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie.

Interview

Initial part of the process was very good - recruiter was very responsive, good informal first chat, very friendly. This was followed by an interview with peers from the engineering team. Good experience here again, informal and like a good two-way conversation about your experiences and also about the team and tech at Mollie.

Application was then passed on to a different recruiter and asked to do a take-home coding challenge in PHP. After submitting the test, the recruiter got in contact a few days later, asking to arrange a call. Despite providing plenty of availability, it took nearly a week of emails back and forward to confirm a time that was suitable for him to call. When we finally did speak, it was just to say that they did not want to proceed any further.

I asked for, and was promised some feedback on the test, to understand where I could improve. This never arrived and despite follow up emails to both recruiters, I received no further replies from them.

Interview Questions

• Implement a dominos game simulator in PHP.   1 Answer

Global SaaS Partnership Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2020.

Interview

2-3 months process with horribly bad hiring managers.They are definatly not who they claim for in the market.

Their hiring team has done a great job in creating internet pages about their culture and hiring process only to land candidates on their career website. Once you do, the real bad experience starts with no clear vision or understanding of role or whatsover

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie in August 2020.

Interview

The company portrays itself to be one of the 'new' leading Fintech companies trying to change the way online payments and making it easier. It always advertises its diversity and inclusion in the team not to mention how it has grown over the years. The marketing team is all over the place with it's presence on many of the career websites including LinkedIn trying to be very inclusive.
    My negative experience comes after waiting for over a month to hear from them even though the auto generated e-mail I received mentioned I'd get a response within 2 weeks. Keeping the current pandemic situation I understand it took over 2 weeks, but more than a month goes to show how important applications are to them. It always portrays the company might not be as interesting as it portrays itself to be. Qualifications, experience, know-how, etc., are qualities that were completely ignored in my application. Mollie also recommends the applicant to go through the 'Glassdoor' feedbacks to gauge if it's doing a great job.
    Being a start-up and seeing it grow is one thing, but please value the time and effort of applicants trying to be a part of your 'so called' game changing company.

Team Lead - Data Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Very nice process and very professional on the surface.

The first interview was def for TL role.

The second interview - someone lost the plot in the HR dpt - and interviewed me for a data engineer role. It was baffling and uncomfortable. For all of us, when we realised mid interview we have different expectations of the interview.

I got rejected for the Data Eng, which I didn't apply for.
    I cannot reapply, no one replies to my messages anymore.

It also seems that, there is someone there, who worked for Google, and keeps the door very shut for other Ex-Googlers. This person is probably afraid of competition. Admitting in an interview to someone they just met, that they removed the resume of another Googler from the stack, sounds they have too much power too soon.

Interview Questions

• I was asked sw architecture questions that made it clear I was in the wrong interview.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and quick - 3 rounds where I met my future managers and colleagues. Everyone was friendly and transparent about the companies successes and challenges.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2020.

Interview

Started with a telephone interview with the recruiter. After that, I had an interview with the hiring manager. Never heard from them again. No feedback, no answer to emails, no phonecalls... Such a mess.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mollie in March 2020.

Interview

This company promote how nice is the process to get hire, how friendly they are, how long it takes ...

Well after emails, messages, calls, contacting the HR. I never got ANY response!!

Really not serious

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2020.

Interview

The recruiter had great energy, the 1st round phone screening process lasted for 25 minutes. Unfortunately, as there was a high volume of applications. I was not selected to continue to the next round of the interview due to my big corporate prior experience although suitably qualified for the role.

They have a strong preference for individuals from a startup background or no experience.

Definitely seeking to reapply for future roles!

Sr. Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2020.

Interview

4 sollicitatierondes:
    1. Gesprek (half uur) met de recruiter
    2. Gesprek (een uur) met de Country Manager
    3. Business case: How to sell Mollie + an overview of the online payments market in Belgium and where I see the biggest opportunities for Mollie
    4. Interviews at HQ in Amsterdam: presentation of business case, interview with CCO, interview with Head of Partnerships

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.