Mollie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Mollie

Application

I interviewed at Mollie

Interview

I am surprised that working at Mollie's has such a good feedback, so probably it's just the recruitment that does a bad reputation. I was approached by a recruiter by LinkedIn. She sent me two messages, those were nice. I was not even planning to change companies. Anyway, we agreed to speak and and a call online. She also asked me to send her my salary expectations by email. Done that. What happened next is just plain weird. She never contacted me again, gave me no feedback. I tried to reach out that recruiter myself and never got a response back. If that was a salary, she could have just told me although I don't think it was that. My salary was within market range, not even its maximum. This is absolutely unacceptable for a recruiter to disappear and for other colleagues not to reply to emails (tried to reach out 2 others) as well. Sad, because it seems like a great place to work based on reviews. But please, educate your recruiters to have some integrity and competences helping them do the right job.

Interview Questions
  • Why Mollie? Tell us about yourself? When could you start? Salary expectations. Tell us about your current responsibilities and product you're building at other company. What's your experience with Python, Cloud, Java, etc.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heerlen

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mollie (Heerlen) in Aug 2021

Interview

Sollicitatieprocedure is nog gaande. Naar aanleiding van mijn reactie op de vacature, ben ik uitgenodigd voor een videocall. Een en ander is volledig per mail verlopen. Het gesprek heeft in het Engels plaatsgevonden.

Interview Questions
  • Het was een standaard sollicitatie gesprek met de standaard vragen zoals: wat zijn volgens jouw huidige manager je aandachtspunten en wat zijn je pluspunten, etc.

Mollie

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie in Aug 2021

Interview

Very disappointing experience. Roughly three weeks after submitting my CV I received a message to arrange an interview with HR. We then set up an appointment via mail. A day before I was called to ask if we can move the interview up one day. On the day of the interview no-one showed up and even after a follow up email I received no communication whatsoever. The next day I had to call myself to find out that the recruiter had gotten ill and someone was supposed to inform me but had not. Also I was going to be interviewed for a different role than what I applied for. Okay, so a few days later I did have an interview which and the recruiter said that I would have an interview with the team I would be working with. An invitation and prep material would be sent to by email. After not hearing back for a few days, I sent a follow up email to which I have received no reply and my calls aren't answered either. All in all a very frustrating experience for a company I was excited to learn more about.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background Our core values are be bold, be loved and be authentic. Which one fits you best?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam) in Aug 2021

Interview

Make a ZoomCall with Team Manager. He introduced company very well and gave information about the role, the team and the expectations. I think that Mollie is a good place for work but non-EU citizens does not have enough chance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mollie

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie in Aug 2021

Interview

three rounds of interview, first one with the hiring manager, second with the hiring manager and another senior stakeholder, third round was with the hiring manager and 2 other stakeholders including the VP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mollie

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mollie

Interview

First round was with HR recruiter, who was supposed to call me for feedback but didn't happen. (Even though she had proposed the timeline!) I sent a follow up email on the same day but no response. A couple of days after, she replied to me but no apologies mentioned and just asked me another available timeslot. She finally called me but what she said to me is "your answer from the interview with me was unstructured and not clear. Maybe you were busy at work and could not summarize exactly what you wanted to say. The hiring team is interested in your profile but I need to have more clear vision of what you're doing" My response might not have been so straightforward but I have never received such a feedback or being treated in a way she did to me in my career. Quite disappointed. I was willing to move forward but due to this experience I decided not pursuing anymore.

Interview Questions
  • What's your biggest contribution at work What's your responsibility How does your experience fit the position What attracts you about Mollie and the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process was really quick, really interesting and relevant to the position. I really appreciated how Mollie tries to keep the number of interview stages to the minimum they need to make a decision. I had feedback at every stage, clear next steps and timelines. 1st round with head of recruitment for the department, 2nd round with hiring manager, 3rd round case study presentation with ~4 members from the team. I also had a 4th round with the manager just to ensure we felt a good connection before making a final decision.

Interview Questions
  • The interviews were really conversations to see whether there's a good fit, rather than specific questions to 'test' anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mollie (Nairobi) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online via the Mollie careers site. I had a screening call with one of their technical recruiters, but I got a regret email the following day mentioning that they were moving forward with another candidate since I had no prior experience with large scale systems/systems design.

Interview Questions
  • During the initial screening call, you'll be asked basic questions about your background and experience, but for the above position experience with large scale systems/systems design is an absolute requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam) in May 2021

Interview

Was treated like a VIP and everyone was super friendly. You can feel that Mollie really invests in their new hires. Makes me feel very welcomed into the company even when working remotely.

Interview Questions
  • About my experience and how I would handle difficult situations with a customer

Mollie

Application

I interviewed at Mollie

Interview

The interviewer was very nice, but superficial and overpromised, and never got back to me even though he said he wanted to speak with me again! Unprofessional in my mind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews