Morgan McKinley Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Morgan McKinley Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan McKinley

3.3

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Whole process took a month:
First I did an interview over the phone, very positive...
A month later, I received an email to attend an onsite interview in Shanghai...
Typical interview questions + roleplay + case study...
Nice interaction with the manager...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan McKinley

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2018.

Interview

I first received a telephone call from the head of talent acquisition, and after I passed the screening I was invited to a one on one interview at the head office. I was then asked to do a report on the Japanese IT industry, I guess as a way of assessing my research abilities. I was happy to do this because I was really interested in the position.

After impressing with my report I was invited back for a one on one with a team leader where I could learn more about the job and the company. The experience up until this point was very positive and I really wanted to be a part of this team.

I was invited back one final time for another meeting with some other team leaders, and then I took part in a phone trial which was to last 1-2 hours. This was intended to give me an idea of what a day in the life of an Associate Consultant at Morgan McKinley is like.

The trial involved me calling a list of companies with the aim of getting the names and phone numbers of department heads or any other useful people. This is where it fell apart for me. I was required to lie, deceive and manipulate people into giving me personal information and I just couldn't do this comfortably. Being honest is the only thing I know how to do and I was so demorialised because I knew I couldn't do this role on a daily basis for a least one year. Combined with being at a standing desk, it just wasn't for me so I walked away.

I was really disappointed because I was very impressed with Morgan McKinley and the people working there, and I certainly don't regret the experience. I think I have a lot of skills that would make me a good recruiter, it's just a shame that I don't have the ability or mental toughness to get through the cold calling stage.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the recruiting process?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

After applying, the first stage of the process was a telephone interview. This was followed by a video interview. After passing these first two stages, I was invited to have a 4 one on one interviews with Managers and their team members and 1 group interview in the London office.

The managers were very welcoming , informative and eager to know more about me and my motivations for applying for the role.

The Talent Acquisition team was brilliant they kept me informed the entire process from the initial interview to the offer stage. They regularly check in to find out how the role is going for me. Throughout the process they provided me with advice and answered any questions I had. It was such a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Mckinley?
      Why Legal?
      Various competency questions
      Mental Maths question
      Talk about experience to date
      Applying anywhere else ?
      Who are our competitors?
      What do you think the average day would look like?   Answer Question

17 Aug 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us. We're really pleased to read how positive you found our interview process, and we wish you all the very best in your MMK career!

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley in July 2018.

Interview

I was able to meet both of the directors and other Consultants is various role across the business. This allowed me to understand various roles that are in the business

Interview Questions

• If I could recruit for anything, what would I recruit for?   Answer Question

13 Sep 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience, and congratulations on your success!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward- multiple chats with 5-7 people across teams. They will ask questions around billings, your sourcing strategies, how you organise your day etc. They are looking for people who will fit into the team and will be able to work in a cohesive yet challenging environment

Interview Questions

• How would you find candidates in the pre- internet era   1 Answer

28 Nov 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for reviewing your interview with us. It's great to hear about your experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Skype interview after been contacted by mail. One to One skype, with general questions about japanese economy and your work environment and salary expectations. Presentation of a typical day of work. Presentation of success stories of current or past employees with very high salaries and bonuses
    phone screening, meeting hiring manger,Typical interview questions + roleplay + case study...
    Nice interaction with the manager...

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

25 Oct 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for this feedback on your interview experience at Morgan McKinley.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had 4 interview with 1 offer meeting in total:

1. Meeting with Operational Director and CEO
    2. Meeting with Team Leader from HR team
    3. Meeting with Team Leader from IT team
    4. Trial Meeting with Operational Director and Research Executive

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join Morgan Mckinley?   1 Answer

31 Oct 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for reviewing your interview with us. It's great to hear your feedback and congratulations on your success. We wish you a long and successful career.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley in September 2017.

Interview

It was professional and efficient. Started off with a talk with the recruiter and an interview on skype and then an office visit. Everyone was nice and friendly. The company has a dynamic environment. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

25 Oct 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review - we're pleased you had a good interview experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief phone interview with the internal recruiter who was really nice. She invited me in for a group interview a week later. Group interview consisted of some question/answer activities, presentations and roleplays.

I was then invited back for 3rd stage interviews with 3 senior consultants who go through your CV. Followed by a 4th stage interview with 2 more senior managers and then finally a meeting with the CEO.

All the people I met were very pleasant and professional throughout the whole process even when they really challenged you, which is contrary to what you hear about interview processes at the other recruitment/sales organisations. It made me want to work for them even more.

Interview tips: Don't be afraid to really sell yourself and show why a career in recruitment is for you.

Interview Questions

• You are paired with another candidate who you spend 10-15 minutes with to figure out their work history/qualifications. You then you have to present and sell that candidate to the interviewers in a few minutes.   1 Answer

13 Feb 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It's great for us to learn about your recent interview experience, and congratulations on accepting your offer. We wish you a long and successful career!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a skype interview about a week after my application. Then I did about seven face-to-face interviews at Tokyo office, with an 1-2 hour cold-calling trial session. I was then invited for a lunch with managers, and received an offer after a few days. There was also an online personality test.

Overall, it was a positive experience because everyone I met was friendly and professional, and the interviews were very interactive - they sure want to learn about your background, skills, and personality, but they also want you to learn about the company culture, the industry, and the expectations, to make sure you are confident in joining and doing the job.

The initial rounds of interviews are mostly focused on understanding your background / skills and the reason you want to join MM / recruiting. Latter rounds are more about understanding your personality and suitability for the job.

Interview Questions

• - Self-introduction
      - Why recruiting? Why MM?
      - Career plans / goals?
      - How do you handle pressure?
      - How would your peers describe you?
      - What are your hobbies? / What do you in your free time?   Answer Question

17 Feb 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for this feedback, it's great to hear about your interview experience. Congratulations on your new role - we wish you a long and happy career at Morgan McKinley.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.