Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

I had an onsite with three rounds. There was a panel right before the interview - which they did not notify us before -- you can ask questions about the program or the job to people who have already joined the firm. You choose different programming languages that you know and get questioned in a room full of other people but of course 1:1.

Interview Questions

• reverse string, basic os concepts ie threads, different data structures pros and cons, strings vs stringbuilder   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Super Day about 2 months after submitting online application. They give you a week's notice for the Super Day, which requires you at their office (expenses paid for by the company)

Interview Questions

• What is a moral of yours that you hold very seriously?   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview lasted for 30 minutes. I was asked to briefly describe a project, answer some OOP concept questions, draw a class diagram, and solve an algorithm problem. The interview was separated in 15 minutes for the oral questions, and another 15 minutes to solve the algorithm problem.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between abstract and interface?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Got onsite interview. Did not ask much about my resume. More technical questions which weren't very hard. Every applicant in the same room where 2 people interviewed us individually which provided a casual atmosphere.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. They answered the questions I asked about working at Morgan Stanley thoroughly. The technical questions were easy. The questions were mostly on Object Oriented Programming concepts in Java since that's my primary language. I was also asked about the work and projects mentioned on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied through their career website. The process took about 2 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley
    (New York City) in September 2018. They covered all traveling expenses and booked a hotel room. Once on the site, there were other candidates and a small panel from HR and technology department. After the panel, we headed to a big open room where we were interviewed individually by technology department employees. There were not many behavioral questions, many were technical questions. Waited 2 weeks for a response. Other candidates had it easier with no technical questions asked. In the end, it really depended on who was interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• write code in pencil on how to check for a Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Then she asked questions about object oriented concepts, and operating systems. Finally, she asked me an easy algorithmic question that I had to solve it on a piece of paper and write the code for it.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for the two-sum problem in an efficient way.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Everyone was nice and respectful during the interview. One on campus and one superday to get the job. Lots of leet code type questions including questions about hashmaps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. Got a call from them later.
    I had the first phone call interview. It was mostly technical. The interviewer asked Java and Operating Systems mainly. Also, a simple hash map based question. The person also asked about my work ex and other projects.
    I got selected and was further called for onsite. The super day had a panel discusson session for 45 minutes followed by 3 rounds, 45 minutes each back to back. All the rounds were purely technical. They asked Linked lists, went through my resume(projects and work ex) and asked basic Java and SQL Questions.
    I’m currently waiting for the interview results.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: what is jni ? What are interrupts? Where is interrupt3 used ?

SuperDay:
      Round1- Create linked list class and reverse the list. Code using pen and paper. Asked alot about my research paper, prev work ex and projects (had viewed my github and asked about certain code sections)
      Round2 - what is trigger? Explain public static void main ? What is OOPs and its features ? How does java compile the code ? What is linked list ? If two lists intersect , how will you find the intersection point ?
      Round3 - the interviewer didn’t interact much and came with 2 questions prepared. If a number has 2, 3 or 5 as its factor then its a nice number. Code to tell if input n is a nice number. What will be time complexity ? Two arrays are given. Check and code if they have cyclic equality ?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First Interview: I applied for Business Analyst and she started asking me coding questions. I kept repeating it is for Business Analyst and I have some programming experience which I don't remeber of. But everytime she asked questions on coding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved? How you solved it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.