Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 Apr 2019

3.1

183 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst - Technology Interview

Interview

The interview was really clean. They allowed you time to answer the questions and they were friendly.The process is long and tedious, I suggest one goes to Harvard or Yale in order to really get a good chance to work at this bank.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was they wanted me to build an LBO in 10 seconds, not sure if that is possible.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Analyst - Technology Interview

Interview

A quick, on-campus interview that covers the most basic aspects of business analyst roles in the technology department. Need to know the phases involved with the development of a typical product, need to understand the relationship between project managers and programmers, as well as the coordination of client need and product delivery.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a standard 30-minute on-campus interview. First some questions about the programming languages on your resume. Then a case about how to design an app. Then a lot of marketing questions, like how to follow up customers' experience.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on the career portal of my school. Got an on-campus interview. It was only 30 minutes, went through my resume for 15 minutes. 2 technical questions in the end. I heard back in 3 weeks about the onsite interview in New York. I already agreed to another offer so I turned that down.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you implement multiple inheritance in Java?
      Q: What is an inner class?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied through school's career portal. Got an on-campus interview. It was only 30 minutes. Went through my resume for the first 15 minutes. 2 conceptual technical questions at the end. I heard back in 3 weeks asking me to have the onsite interview in New York. I already accepted an offer from another company. So I did not go.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you implement multiple inheritance in Java?
      Q: What is an inner class?   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round on campus. 1-1 interview. Second one in NYC. We were invited for a full day. MS pays for all expenses. First there was a panel, where we could ask questions, then there was a group exercise. Lastly, there were two 1-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round on campus - no unexpected questions. Why Tech analyst? The interviewer asked me about my experience and asked some technical questions related to my experience. E.g. "so when you worked with python, can you explain to me what is an object oriented language, and how you used this in your work?" Second round - behavioral questions, some case-like questions, and one group exercise.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice and friendly. They treat you very well. Group activity was fun. Super day gets little hectic once the 1-1 interviews starts. If you're confident enough and have some experience financial industry, this will be an easy interview for you.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about Algorithms, data structures, design patterns. Some Puzzles were also asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was already interning at MS in the summer and had one technical interview before being given a full time offer. The interview touched upon the technical topics of what I worked on over the summer.
    Whether or not the company decides to extend a full-time offer depends on the work done over the summer and the performance on this interview.

Interview Questions

• It was primarily advanced Java concepts I had studied and worked with over the summer.   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round at University campus
    1 hour interview. It was great. Lots of technical qs: SQL, datastructures, Java basics etc. (Be clear and confident)

2nd Interview Onsite in NYC
    A panel discussion taking questions and answering generic questions
    Team building activity. Very chilled out
    3 rounds of 1:1 interviews 45 mins each. Very intense, extremely technical. The last 1:1 interview was disappointing for me. The interviewer did not speak English properly and maybe thats why wasnt getting what I am saying. He kept asking me questions and when I gave a solution, maybe he did not understand and repeated the same solution as hints to me. This must be the down point for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Completely technical, lots of basics, lots of algorithm problems - graphs, datastructures etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

It is in NYU on campus Interview. It is a 45 minutes interview. At 4:30 when I come in, the interviewer asked me some behavior questions and then he asked me to do some technology questions and all basic small questions about database and client and server.

Interview Questions

• why do you choose to go to Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
    • How to design and implement hashtable.   Answer Question
    • best time to sell stock in Leetcode   Answer Question
    • design for data structure for transmation, what data structure would you use, and if you want to reduce of undo, what kind of data strucrure you will use for this problem.   Answer Question
    • A group of people that will send gifts to other people, people should buy the gifts for other people. mor   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.