Mu Sigma Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Mu Sigma Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Mu Sigma

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Requires a test and an interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Mu Sigma

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Went to their info session where they gave us an overview of the company and answered our questions. There was a video synthesis test during the session where they showed us a 3-5 minute video and asked us to synthesize in bullet point what we got out from the video. At the end of the session there was a 20-question aptitude test on basic reasoning and calculations. They emailed me about the result 2-3 hours and told me that I was not selected for their interview on the next day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Evanston, IL (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with Mu Sigma in Dec 2012. The interview was scheduled in my college campus. The process was simple, I applied on their job posting on the career services site and got an on capmus interview call.
    I feel the interview scheduling could have easily been done without university enrollment by just dropping them a mail on their careers section. This is a good thing if you are a lateral or an experienced candidate.
    The interview was almist 45 mins long. The interviewers were senior managers. The first question they asked even before I could settle down was to sell them a bottle of mineral water.
    It was an interesting interview where they asked me some business case questions and some generic behavioral questions.
    What really disappointed me was their unprofessional attitude after the interview where they did not get back to me after the interview and the coordinator did not even respond to my calls or emails.

Interview Questions

• while there was no difficult or unexpected question as such, I was surprised by the "sell this bottle to me" approach while interviewing for an analyst role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

I was given a point of contact, who asked me to create a powerpoint presentation on a business case and synthesize the information in a video. Following that I was interviewed thrice on the telephone and then had an in person interview. All the interviews were relaxed and had a lot of discussions, 2 interviews had a case question. The interviewers were very friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to "Tell me more" after every case answer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

3rounds

Interview Questions

• give you a video and ask you summerise the video with 6 sentences.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in January 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews with a case interview in between. The case interview was like a take-home project which I had 24 hours to complete. The case interview was comprised of a few questions to be answered, and a video that I was to watch and then synthesize into three main points. After passing through to the official telephonic interview, HR provided me with three time slots throughout the next week to schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• (answer I gave) In what situation would a company want to keep selling a product or service with low profit margins?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and had two phone interviews over the course of two weeks. I was given an additional assignment to complete between each interview. Questions asked during each interview had some standard interview questions with some critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the more difficult questions was during the second interview. I was asked how to manage a limited budget for marketing and how I would target specific groups of people.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

The interview was in 2 stages. The first one was more of an analytical round which involved more of puzzles and case studies. THe second round then was a stress interview by a senior executive. It was a nice experience and other than bagging the job, I came out of the room with more confidence and as a stronger person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No scope for any negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in January 2014.

Interview

Aptitude test, Group discussion, video systhesis round and 2 interviews. video synthesis round had the candidates watch a video and then try to give a synopsis of the video in a few short sentences. Aptitude tests were not very difficult. Group discussions were judges exceptionally. The 2 interviews were pretty similar in terms of content. Sometimes really good candidates needed only one interview to get selected.

Interview Questions

• If you were the first person to sell bottled water on earth, how would you decide the profit margin   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in October 2013.

Interview

2nd round- They divided into groups of 6 and gave the topics for presentation
    the topics are mostly related to social, political and entertainment issues currently going on. they will ask to speak on both sides of given topic.
    3rd round- Personal interview
    Simple puzzles like how to divide the cake into 8 slices in 3 cuts
    Hr interview about the case study and will be given a new case study to solve

Interview Questions

• Business case study and to interpret the video. Mostly people will write the summary of the video but they will ask to interpret the video.   Answer Question

I am going for my masters

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.