Mu Sigma Trainee Decision Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Mu Sigma Trainee Decision Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Mu Sigma

2.9

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

It started with a written exam. Then we were shown a video and were asked to write a paragraph on that. It was followed by group discussion. It ended with an interview. It was an intensive process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mu Sigma

Decision Scientist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially gave them my resume at the career fair and submitted my contact information. I heard back from them a few weeks later via email and I was invited to take a variety of online assessments. These online assesments included a basic computer generated test that lasted 30 ish minutes that asked basic math problems as well as asking some basic computer logic questions. The next step was a video synthesis problem. The video synthesis comprised of watching a 30 minute video and simultaneously writing a synthesis of what you had watched.

After completing both, I never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• The most difficult portion was the video synthesis due to the fast pace .   Answer Question

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

Interview

The interview has 4 steps. General Aptitude & Basic Coding test then after getting shortlisted there will be a GD followed by a PI.

In PI, you can expect questions like, "Tell me about yourself?", then some very small case study based questions, some logical reason type questions, and technical questions on some analytics related software.

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

The interview was based on the results of the GD, business aptitude test and video synthesis round. A delivery lead took my interview and was very particular in trying to understand my commitment to work and how I would react in tense situations, how I think my performance would change if I became a start performer etc. He was very forthcoming in answering all my questions related to the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were a cricketer, how do you think your performance in the match would change right after scoring a century?   Answer Question

Trainee Decision Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mu Sigma.

Interview

Round 1: Aptitude Round + Case Study
    The questions covered 4 topics: Data Interpretation, Logical reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability.
    The case study was a business problem statement followed by certain questions to be answered.
    Round 2: Group Discussion on a business problem
    Round 3: Personal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Bhubaneswar) in August 2019.

Interview

The process consist of two rounds, for me it was in KIIT college campus placements. Round 1 consist of :-
    1. Apptitude,
    2. Few current affairs( common one's, that too with choice to select category like sports, music,politics etc..),
    3. A business problem with conditions given, you have to provide just the solution you can think of is the best for the scenario, and in the same problem some statistical problem.
    Difficulty level - Medium

If cleared round 1,(In our case round 1 happened months before round 2).

Then comes the round 2(The interview process). Here the challenge comes because Musigma is famous for its stress interviews. Since it was a campus placement. We had to wait around 6-7 hrs in the auditorium hall only for our turn. That tests your patience. My turn came around 12:30am.. its bit too late for the day. There were variety sets of questions asked to many ,like personality based, problem solving(business problems), Ice breaker questions, and some technical questions(Realted to project you have worked on). Then they just announced the result after they had completed the process by 3 am .

Interview Questions

• Q1. Tell me something about yourself.
      Q2. Tell me about projects you have worked on.(Mine was based on Data science only, its just an advantage but not necessarily). - Then few subquestions about my approach and python related ques, as it was based on python.
      Q3. Why you would like to join Musigma? And what you expect from us.
      Q4. (The tricky one) What will you choose if you get an offer from Amazon and Musigma, and why so?   1 Answer

Decision Scientist Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mu Sigma in August 2019.

Interview

Asked briefly about projects and extra curricular activities. The recruiter went through the entire resume and cross questioned little.
    First was the Mu Aptitude test which is entirely based on basic coding questions and aptitude. Then, you're shortlisted and presentation happens. Further, GD is conducted. And in the end, interview is conducted where resume is cross questioned.

Interview Questions

• What is web scraping in python?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Nagpur, Maharashtra) in August 2019.

Interview

It came as a pool campus. first was MuAPT, then GD and finally technical round. The whole process took only a day and it was an average interview. MuAPT was filled with variety of topics, but mostly it was focused on data collection and case studies. GD was more about solving a case study. technical interview was all about projects done during college years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Hyderabad) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was easy!

It's hard to be nervous when your interview is on the couches in the mall, and the interviewer is only 5 years older than you and wearing cat ears (we have to wear Claire's products while we're working).

She asked me a bunch of questions about my previous experiences working, my sense of style, and my availability.

An hour after I left, I got a call back saying I got the job!

Overall, it was super easy.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mu Sigma (Chennai) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. The process started with an aptitude test which consisted of quants,logical,technical and general knowledge section. It also consisted of an optional case study round. Around 600 students were selected after this for the GD round. There were 6 students in my GD round and everybody were selected for the interview round from our group. In the interview round, there were two panelists who skimmed my resume. It was a 15 minute interview and I was offered a job after that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Basic SQL questions
      3. Confusion matrix
      4. Questions regarding internship and projects.
      5, Some basic data science questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.