Cover image for Museum of Science

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Museum of Science Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sept 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Museum of Science

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA)

Interview

Initial HR interview was standard, very knowledgeable and friendly, and when compensation was discussed, she was able to get offer range, which was fantastic. The second interview, did not go so well. The position was listed as hybrid remote, with 3 days in office, 2 days out of office. Interviewer made it very clear that he does not trust remote workers at all. Said they sometimes aren’t able to do their work. As someone who has been successfully working hybrid was a bit taken aback seeing as he and my would be direct superior were only to be in the office a few times a year. If it was one passing comment that may be something, but it was multiple. I had asked about coming into the office, if the training would be in person, or if it would be virtual. Unclear answer, but alluded to virtual. Asked about in office work space, as if I was coming in 3 days a week, would I have a designated working area, or would be alternating desks, is it everyone in the company is in on the same days, or if there is a schedule, no answer. But was told that they would prefer new hires be in office consistently for the first few months. Also was told that they would prefer I not have a contract job or part time job, as it may interfere and distract from getting work done. I only brought it up to ensure there was no conflict of interest working in the education sector. Again bringing back to the not trusting remote workers. And finally, job description I applied for, and job description interviewer reviewed with me was drastically different. For these reasons, I withdrew my application. Suggestion to hiring team: be clear, open, and honest about job description, salary, office environment and remote work expectations.

Interview Questions
  • Can you come into the office 3 days a week?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA)

Interview

Interviewing at the museum of science was very straightforward. After applying I was contacted within a few days to scheule an interview. Within a week's time, I went into the office for a 30-minute interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Recruiter screening, hiring manager interview, panel interview with sales team. They ask for five references. This is beyond standard practice of three. They indicate the references will not be representing their company but then request work, not personal, phone numbers. Incredibly invasive to people’s privacy especially as the reference portion is outsourced to a third party. They have 20+ scale rating queries and two open-ended questions. They ask references three things WRONG with you then three things that are strengths. The framing of the questions is incredibly negative. They ask for these references and have not even offered a position. Don’t burn your reference bank with such an intrusive process. This is a sales position but the pay is hourly. It’s a joke to believe sales representatives would be enthused at all to do more than the bare minimum. Any SDR role typically involves a bonus for completed meetings to incentivize the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Give us some free sales techniques as we are struggling for a playbook.

Museum of Science

Application

I interviewed at Museum of Science

Interview

Practice lesson to preform. 3 rounds of interviews human resourxes, director, vp and other employees. Allowed to go to explore museum after. Very friendly people. VP late to interview and left during the interview as well. This is for education devision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in Oct 2019

Interview

I had a phone interview, a conference call, and an in-person interview. They asked for 5 references. The departments are shielded by HR and I was not given contact information for anyone I spoke with in person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in May 2018

Interview

It began with simple questions from HR followed by an interview with two of the people working in the IT department. The first interview with HR was typical like "Why should we hire you?", etc. while the second interview with IT was a bit more topical in regards to the internship.

Interview Questions
  • How do you calm down a customer who needs a problem resolved immediately?

Museum of Science

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science

Interview

Started with basic questions with an HR rep, followed by more focused interview by group of managers, including department manager. Questions were read from paper. End with pre-prepared presentation. Tour of museum by another staff person before leaving.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to prepare a presentation for the interview. Was given little guidance as to what kind of presentation was expected, and interviewers did not engage--it was kind of awkward.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Boston, MA) in Dec 2017

Interview

I received an email around 2-3 weeks after I initially applied asking for an interview. A few days later I had a phone interview with a woman from HR. She was very thorough on what my day to day work schedule would be like, how long the on boarding process would take and what kind of work life balance the museum provided its employees. She answered all the questions I asked and had a genuine conversation with me about why I wanted to work at the museum, my degree and how I came about applying at the museum of science. After the phone interview with HR I was asked to interview with the team manager and was offered a Skype interview since I was from out of state but decided to travel into Boston instead to meet face to face. I was offered free tickets to the museum for myself and a guest and free parking so that we could roam the museum after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science (Concord, NH) in Aug 2017

Interview

I applied online and about a week later they emailed me and asked to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was about a week later and was short (maybe 5 minutes) and the interviewer did most of the talking. I didn't get an offer but it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • What's a time when you were expecting things to go a certain way but you had to change your plans at the last minute and were successful?

Museum of Science

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Science

Interview

This was an in person interview. Questions were basic, they explained the department and the position, introduced me to the team, and shortly after I got a call asking if I would like to join the team as an intern!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews