Myplanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Myplanet Interview Questions

Interviews at Myplanet

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with this company for a marketing position. Staff was extremely friendly and incredibly intelligent.

For those who have made it to the 3rd round, prepare yourselves to be tested, questioned and to be meeting and speaking with other people within the company as they look for fit.

I didn't get the job but they offered me another position elsewhere because I was one of the highest ranking candidates.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct 2015 – CEO

I appreciate your review. Glad that you have found our team for be both friendly and smart... that means we are doing something right. :)

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Myplanet in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process is quite rigorous. I was asked to do some activities that would put me outside of my comfort zone to see how I would react to being thrown a challenge. It was actually a really neat interview, different people would introduce and explain each task. One was creating a webpage with minimal instruction but I was allowed the use of the internet to research further if I had to, another was a short story, another was accounting related and the last was working with a spreadsheet of financials. I never got feedback on my interview and what was most frustrating was that after devoting about 6 hours to the interview, I didn't get the courtesy of a call saying they had gone with a different candidate. Just nothing, which I felt was terribly rude of this fledgling little company.

Interview Questions

• Coding the webpage, it was fun, but I wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

9 Oct 2015 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. I remember hiring for this particular role, and it would have been me who missed calling you back. If I did, my apologies - we've implemented an Applicant Tracking System... More

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was put in a room with one interviewer reading questions off a sheet for 3 hours which mostly consisted of terms, definitions, and whiteboard challenges. I was told to bring my computer but I only used it for a single coding challenge at the very end and still wasn't allowed to actually use the internet. In contrast to the other interviews posted here, they asked me very little about my working style, personality, or anything not coding-challenge related. They didn't ask me about my current projects and didn't seem to have reviewed my portfolio.

I was told they would get back to me within a week. A week went by, so I emailed a "thanks for the interview" message. I got no reply. After two and a half weeks I emailed asking for a response and was emailed what looked like a generic form rejection letter with very little context. I found this at best unprofessional and at worst pretty rude. I have used this interview as an example of how not to treat potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Using javascript, write out code for a sorting algorithm.   1 Answer
    • What is functional programming?   1 Answer
    • What are closures? Give an example on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

7 Aug 2016 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. If you have a moment to provide additional details, I would certainly like to learn more about your experience. Each of our candidates deserves a clear interview process... More

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted a month or two after my initial application and asked to indicate a time for a first telephone call with one of their interaction designers. I replied immediately and scheduled a call for the following week using their online booking system, to which I quickly received a confirmation.

I missed the initial call due to a problem with my phone but thankfully the interviewer, Lailee, called me back a few minutes later. The interview left a very good impression on me. Lailee framed the interview as a conversation between two designers and I felt that she really wanted to connect with me as an individual- this was a refreshing change from the HR screeners I was used to; no canned questions, very organic conversation with someone who knows the job. She did a great job of describing the role, projects, and team dynamics, and was very transparent about their hiring process (telephone interview, on-site interview, design challenge).

I was contacted at the start of the following week to visit their offices for a second interview and to meet the rest of the team. Unfortunately at this point I had already accepted an offer from another company with whom I was much further along in the hiring process.

Based on my experience MyPlanet seems like a great company to work for, with interesting projects, an experienced team and very good employee benefits and professional development programs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most complicated project you have ever worked on. Explain the methods you used and the process you went through...   1 Answer

13 Jun 2019 – Content & Community Strategy

Wow! What a thoughtful review, thank you. Really appreciate you taking the time to detail how the experience of interviewing with us went for you. Most of our team members are involved in the... More

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview to discuss my fit, as well as the company at large. I was then invited for an in-person interview with three people. It was around 2 hours and was split into three sections. A Q&A period, a design synthesis exercise, and a design studio exercise. The whole process was enjoyable and comfortable. I would have accepted the position had I not been offered another role better suited for my professional interests.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate and lead your team when there is stress or conflict?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Myplanet in April 2014.

Interview

First contacted to arrange for first interview by phone. Had second interview after. Hiring manager was very professional and friendly. First contacted to arrange for first interview by phone. Had second interview after. Hiring manager was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct 2015 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. As of 2015, we now have a limited number of people conducting each interview round, and they have pretty specific questions and look-fors. I would be interested to know... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

2 Stages for JavaScript full stack:

First stage is a phone interview to get to know you and JS fundamental questions.

Second stage is in person made up of white-boarding problem/JS questions, team interview, CTO interview.

Interview Questions

• What are closures?   Answer Question
    • What are promises?   Answer Question
    • Specific tech stack questions,. For example they may ask how does React and Redux work? Questions will dive deeper about the technologies if you know about them.   Answer Question

Product Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myplanet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a positive experience in the interviewing process but I didn't get an offer. I connected to a Myplanet employee through LinkedIn then it was followed by an informational interview. A couple of days after, I was asked to have an on-site interview. The interview was a case based, along with a series of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• You are hired to build a mobile App, how you will prepare for the first meeting with the client? What questions to ask during the meeting?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing to convey to a development team about a new feature? And what questions to ask?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myplanet (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview, which lead to an in person interview which included a Myers-Briggs test, and a problem solving excise. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.

Got a vague answer about not getting an offer, and after some back and forth it turned out that the Myers-Briggs test was the deciding factor.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

9 Oct 2015 – CEO

Thank-you for your review. If you were at the Markham office this must be from 2012/2013 (as we have since moved to downtown Toronto). I'm glad that our team was welcoming - that is part of the... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myplanet (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Begins with a casual conversation with the manager, he asks about you and why you think you'd be suitable for the job. Then you're given a script to rehearse for around 30 minutes. The manager then asks you if you have any further questions. After this you are told to pitch the products to him using the script he handed.

Interview Questions

Myplanet Response

7 Aug 2016 – CEO

Thank-you for posting your review. We always love feedback, though we think you may be reviewing another company of the same name... http://www.myplanet.dk/ While we have several customers in London... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.