NGA HR HR Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Kochi

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NGA HR (Fort Kochi) in March 2013.

Interview

Hello all,

This is my side of the story and if you are told that you are placed on hold by them, don't wait! look for other opportunities. They have maths in their aptitude test and for someone, who has not done maths, in his 'or' her, education stream, it going to be difficult and often we might wonder, 'Have we applied for the post of HR 'or' Rocket Scientist?'

When i took the test, i wondered, 'why do we have maths, when we are going to work as HRs(outsourced).?' Where are we going to apply these mathematical skills to our work? They also had another category which goes like 'Find the missing word', there, they don't have an example, how are we to find out what is right or wrong. Example Back ..................up no proper examples. Aren't we not going to focus on international clients? They don't have any communications round, which is very effective and efficient for such work profile and i felt that all this was a joke and maybe later i could give them this feedback after joining the company.
MY STORY

I applied with this company in the month of March, i cleared all the rounds, including the operations and after the round was over, A HR called Krithika told me 'Congratulations! you have cleared, but we will have to place you on hold'. I was quite surprised and didn't know why, but i asked her 'Why?' . She started beating around the bush telling me that 'The operations need to verify some information about you for a senior position'. I asked how long should i wait and she blindly replied two or three weeks, i said 'fine'.

Two weeks passed and by the end of the third week, i called them up and was told by a HR that i definitely will be called before the end of April, i agreed to wait and not look for other opportunities, as i stay close by. By the end of May, due to family pressure, i called up and spoke to the HR recruitment and gave them my name and date of interview and was told by them at first that ' you have not cleared'. I was taken aback, i declined the statement and said ''that's not what i was told, i was told that i need to wait for them to call me, for a senior position and till to this end of May i haven't heard anything from your recruitment staff''.

The HR declined and still stated i did not clear, i felt upset and felt 'Is this a way to treat someone new, who was willing to work for them at any cost and waited like a fool wasting other opportunities?'

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.