NIKE Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NIKE Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at NIKE

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

The interviewers use a competency based interview process to help understand the interviewees skills and abilities as well as how they have used those skills in different situations. They ask follow up questions to better understand how you apply those abilities in more detail. Each of the interview panel managers takes part in asking questions. This allows the other panelists to assess the answers given. After the interview, the panelists compare their notes and communicate the results to the candidate when all interviews are completed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took the lead in a challenging situation. What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screening involves a conversation with with either a recruiter or store manager. Situational based interview questions meaning they are looking for specific examples of experiences you have actually encountered not generalizations of what you ideally would do. Mostly laid back setting. Panel include 3 to 4 people. Slight lack of follow up and feedback following interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you utilized metrics to make changes in your business?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiatian.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE in October 2015.

Interview

It was kind of a joke. A recruiter called me for a job I didn't even apply for. We had the most uninspiring phone interview. Basic questions. She barely let me finish before she threw the next scripted question at me. She couldn't even tell me which store I was interviewed for. Then 2 weeks later I get a message saying "it was great speaking with you" from a different person I never even spoke to. I expected a more professional process from a company like Nike.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to over come a resistant employee.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Destin, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Waited several days after i submitted an application for a call back. I then called and first spoke to the other assistant head coach on the store and requested I call back the following day to speak with head coach. When I called and got a hold of him, he asked me why applied and then asked if I had managerial experience. I told him I do have the experience, just not the title. I expanded a little bit by describing sine of my current duties and that I have worked in retail for over 6 years and been in a leadership role for the last 3. He then cut the phone call short and said that he was only looking for someone with manager experience.

At my current job I am responsible for organizing job fairs, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, developing, and creating individualized action plans and performance improvement plans for struggling employees. I started a committee in our store to improve our community outreach and overall employee satisfaction. We have since donated time and money to MS research, Breast Cancer awareness, Relay for Life, Boys and girls club, abd several others. I have planned post holiday work parties, Easter gatherings, kickball events with neighboring stores.

I have an extreme passion for my career and own development as well as the companies I work for, but this was all overlooked because my title says "supervisor" and not "manager".

I am not saying I would have gotten the job our that I was the candidate to apply, but there is no way to know without even interviewing me. The interview is where you should learn about your candidate abd uncover any missing abilities, not on an application or even a resume.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Cologne (Germany)) in October 2018.

Interview

Ich wurde angerufen angerufen konnte aber nicht ans telefon. später bekam ich eine email. dort konnte ich mir einen termin für das telefonat aussuchen. zum glück konnte ich beim ersten anruf nicht ans telefon. denn alles geschieht ohne vorwarnung.

Interview Questions

• Die fragen waren alle in bezug zu meinen vorherigen anstellungen.
      Warum gerade nike.
      gehaltsvorstellung   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.