NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2

1. Featured Interview

GPU Profile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Pune) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. HR called and arranged for a telephonic interview. The senior guy called and took interview for 1 hour. required: C program basics in depth. OS in depth. Graphics and CUDA basics

Interview Questions

• How to use a variable declared in one file and can be used in other file   1 Answer
    • Count no. of set bits in a user defined 64 bit no. Optimize it to highest level.   Answer Question
    • Detect memory leaks using wrapper functions   Answer Question
    • Which will exit/hang faster and why:

while(1)
      int ptr = (int*)malloc(100);

while(1){
      int ptr = (int*)malloc(100);
      memset(ptr, 1, 100);
      }   2 Answers
    • There are K sorted arrays of size N each. Merge the arrays to a single sorted array of size KN.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewing itself was streamlined and well-structured with a mix of algorithm and optimization problems (applied for a machine learning-related role). I received an offer more than 2 months after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on model architecture design and optimiaztion   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

They mistakenly thought that I applied for a hardware engineering position but I had intended to apply for the deep learning position. The person interviewing was not sure how to handle this situation

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was straight forward. I had 2 phone calls and then 7 rounds on site. They asked questions from my resume first and then started giving some design asking me to verify them.

Interview Questions

• write a code for UVM in order race scoreboard in System Verilog   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and asked me for my schedule, I gave the dates, she didn't schedule an interview, then she contacted me 2 weeks later for more dates, I gave them and there was silence, the same thing happened 4 more times until she didn't respond anymore, worst experience I've ever had with any company

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

My call was with Sr. PM. The recruiter told that it will be a behavioral round, but turned out to be a root cause analysis round. I was not prepared and it went really bad.

Interview Questions

• You take the CEO for a drive on our autonomous driving car and he says that the ride was bumpy, as a Product Manager what will you do?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

This was a very Odd interview. This hiring mgr is recent import from India , who doesnt understand the culture in USA. For the first interview schedule, the hiring manager, blew it off and went home. There was no cancellation, decline of the meeting invite. He has no respect for the candidate's time , and says he just felt like leaving work, so he left. And he is not apologetic about it.
    For the second interview schedule, he calls 15 minutes late for the meeting. No apology.
    He has not read the resume and doesnt know which position I would be interviewed for.
    He is not able to identify one aspect of his own product, that needs focus on. This is a mature product.
    When asked for clarification of any interview question, he responds with " dont teach me PM, I have 20 year experience".

And he is unable to understand the concept that an interview is a two way evaluation process. And that the candidate can reject the job too. He retaliates.

Product Management Interview

Interview

Application followed by a phone interview if you are short listed. The phone interview lasts around 40 minutes. If selected for further rounds, another phone interview might be conducted before an in person interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very casual yet informative interview. Team was very on point and not dismissing of who you are. They really wanted to know if are a great fit. Questions were very much thought off and right on the money and always on time.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest life lesson and who did you learn it from?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from a recuriter to set up a phone screen with a technical manager. Then a week later I had another interview with a different technical manager. The phone screens were unusual. The first interviewer spent nealy half of the interview talking about self-driving cars (there was nothing in the description that indidcated the role involved technology for self driving cars) and the second interviewer told me my in depth explination was invalid because I described the first algorithm that appeared on google. I followed up with the recruiter about the phone screens and didn't get a respone. Not a great/coherent experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you write a blog?
      How would you write a blog?
      Prove that you understand what content is?
      Describe how classification works?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied online with a diligent cover letter. I was contacted the next day by a recruiter to set up a half-hour phone interview. In the week leading up to the interview, I spent 1-2 hours every day researching the company and taking notes. The first interview was with the hiring manager – it was direct and we talked mostly about the role. About a week later, I was contacted to schedule a second phone interview with the team’s senior manager. The interview followed a similar format and was very conversational. I received an excellent offer about a week later.

Two things helped me get this internship: 1. Lots of research of the company’s past, present and future, and 2. Maintaining a growth-focused discussion (I.e. how I will grow and how the team will grow).

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited to work for NVIDIA?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.