NVIDIA Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NVIDIA Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.7

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I had a phone call by a senior member of the group, 2 weeks after, get an on-site interview invitation by the hiring manager. On-site starts at 10 am, ends at around 5 pm. Totally 6 round of 1:1, including VP and manager. Most questions are technical, few are behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Timing closure. How noise(cross-talk) affect setup/hold? How metal dimension affect timing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Initial communications,process,follow-ups are good.Interview process is organized very well.
    Technical rounds - They touched on basics to advanced topics,verification,sta,design and etc
    They looked at whether I have worked on the verification environments from scratch.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru) in May 2011.

Interview

IThe interview was managed very professionally. The questions asked were pure technical and were related to basic fundamentals of electronic design / chip design.

Interview Questions

• IO Budget / Timing: Since I was out of touch on this topic, I was not very well prepared on this. But I think I handled it well
      Also, was surprised to see a question like: How many ping pong balls would you need to fill up a 20X20 meeting room? etc. The idea was to see more on how I'd approach the problem and not necessarily give the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a number and I got it!!! I did not negotiate and also the HR / organization did not short change me. I did a quick check with my peers and I found out that I was paid the on going market rate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.