Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Rockville, MD (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and one on one with Senior Management. Also answered questions about work ethics and best work practices for me. Answered questions to describe what type of Microsoft Office products I used in previous positions. They wanted to know how experienced I was in using Excel and Pivotal table. This was a primary responsibility and expectation for position.

Interview Questions

• Resume Review and previous Job description. Brief summary of work duties on each position. Reviewed Technical Skill Set and Soft Skills which would be beneficial to current position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I received an email from a recruitrer in PA, (the job was in NY) requesting a phone interview with me and requested my availability for the next week. When I replied back a couple of hours later, no response back. I followed up a few days later, never heard back.

Interview Questions

Nasdaq Response

15 May 2018 – HR Representative

I’m very sorry that this was your experience, and my sincerest apologies you never heard back from our team. Candidate Experience is incredibly important to us, so we appreciate you raising this... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview.
    Phone interview is an hour long typically. In person interview is 3+ hours. The interview consisted of personality and technical questions. The technical questions were tough but answerable as long as you know what you are going in for.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Java?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Lakewood, CO (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview had 3 stages. The first was about Java, then about big data, and finally with management. I didn't meet all the criteria for the position but believed there would be an opportunity to learn. It was really a waste of time since it took 2 weeks to finally be rejected after an onsite interview. If there was a specific requirement for the position that I didn't have than it would have been better to reject my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions about which big data technologies I have used.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Marlborough, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I first met with the division manager then the lead engineer who gave me a tour of the office and described the development process and team organization.

The lead engineer then put me in a room with 4 other engineers who took turns shooting questions at me about a range of topics including SQL queries, MVC design patterns, advanced CSS, and object oriented programming.

Afterwards, I had a long talk with a vice president via a video conference which quickly veered away from software development.

Interview Questions

I had another offer where I thought the work environment, the product and co-workers would be a better fit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward, and very typical - talk with a member of the team, size each other up in terms of technical ability, and gel with personalities. Briefly talk with the team manager in a 2nd round, and if both like you - it's pretty much a done deal.

Now comes the completely horrible part, and after I've had enough - I rescinded their offer, I have better uses of my time, much less completely unnecessary invasion into my personal / professional life. Mind you this was merely a contract job that was scheduled to last about a year, at a below average rate.

Drug Screen - fine, we all know what this means though.
    Background Check - fine, whatever.
    Employment Verification - 7 years worth of it.
    FBI Fingerprints - I had to dig for this one, broker / dealers are subjected to it - to which then they just apply the "well everyone has to" card, seems excessive given the background check already.

Now comes when it becomes just asinine. Have any of you worked for a start-up or a company that was dissolved as a result of the implosion in 2008? Who hasn't. However, since they can't call anyone just to "verify you worked for them" mind you, they insisted on the following: your personal IRS Transcript, W2, or paystubs.
    1) The IRS only keeps that information available for 4 years.
    2) Who keeps paystubs or paper W2's other than hoarders going that far back.
    3) How is any of that relevant to the job being offered - it isn't. Would it matter if I made a $1, or $1M?

Reasonable digital paperwork like contracts, job offer paperwork, and even timesheets don't count. Considering anyone with even a tiny fraction of a brain would come to a logical conclusion, it was the Great Recession after all, and it stands to be reasonable that they did the work, why would it matter if the last month worked was March or April, much less how does this have any bearing on what we want this person to do today?

Oh yeah, it doesn't.

This is the type of place that would insist on your Facebook password, or DNA sample if it were legal to make it a pre-condition to employment. Those kind of policies are company wide pervasive, and if you like being micro-managed without an ounce of trust - this is the perfect place for you.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The H.R called me for an interview. First, they asked about my salary expectations and after some emails, I answered. Then it was time for my interview. I did 2 interviews back-to-back. The hiring managers were friendly and the questions were pretty standard

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

An external recruiter reached out for an initial touch then an internal Nasdaq recruiter reached out to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager. After I spoke with the hiring manager, he invited me to come in to speak with him and another VP. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and professional from the recruiters to both hiring managers. The on site interview was scheduled for 3 hours and I was there for less, so I knew I most likely wouldn't be offered the job. The role/company seems more reserved (I have a tech startup background) but had wanted to make a transition.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions for Product Management. Mostly they seemed to be looking for fit and someone who was geniunely interested in the position. Just show that you are really passionate and make sure to look at the Nasdaq stock on the day of the interview.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR, followed by an in-person interview with specific group members, and then a final interview with a manager that oversees this group. Another person from HR called to discuss background and salary expectations after final interview. Also had to complete an application packet. HR was generally helpful and friendly. Entire process took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly conversational, mostly about background and why position was a good fit. There were specific questions about interactions with other departments, IT programming, strengths / weaknesses, and dealing with a fast-paced work environment.   Answer Question