Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nasdaq Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

2.8

Software Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

- Initial brief phone call with recruiter. Typical conversation about background.
    - 45 minute conversation with manager going over technical background. Pleasant conversation about goals/future expectations. Seemed liked a really nice guy. Sent a take home assignment for me to do in a short amount of time. Requirements were open ended but somewhat confusing, so I had to clarify with follow up email.
    - Several days later I had a 30 minute phone call with a senior/lead architect who was really nice. Went over background and asked some technical questions around technology and API design. Nothing complicated at all.
    - Final interview was supposed to be with 5 people. For me it was only two, with the third being sick. First part was with the manager from the phone who just asked a white board design question about building and scaling out an app, and then a brain teaser. No chit chat like on the phone, just straight to technical. Second part was with a developer who went over Java technical questions about threads, Spring framework, hashmaps, OOP, etc. Third guy was out sick but manager said he would contact me about scheduling a video chat later in the week. I reached out to manager the next day but never heard back. Got an automated email a couple days later from Nasdaq saying they went with someone else.

Besides the take home project, the interview process was pretty straight forward. The people I spoke or met with all seemed to be really nice people to work with. All the technologies and projects discussed seemed really interesting. Not sure what happened at the end of the interview process. Would have been better if manager just said recruiter would reach out to me instead of leading me to believe there would be another interview. Either way I enjoyed the interview and thought it was a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How does a hash table work? Why override equals and hashcode?
      Some simple stuff involving Java threading
      General spring framework questions. Nothing crazy.
      You have an application on a single sever. What technologies would you use? How would you scale the database? How would you scale the servers if more requests come in? How would you secure the app? Caching? Etc   Answer Question

Nasdaq Response

15 May 2018 – HR Representative

Thanks for your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that your interview experience ended that way. We are always trying to find ways to improve our candidate experience, so your feedback will help us address these communication and follow-up issues in the future. Your openness and candor is beneficial as we look to revamp some areas of our recruiting process. We really hope you continue to explore our available opportunities in the future at www.nasdaq.com/careers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very smooth and as expected. I was expected to send in a resume along with the rest of my application. I interviewed with 2 people. The interviewers were very friendly and jovial. I then heard back the same day with my offer, and I expected.

SummerGlobal Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Round 1: Phone screening round with HR went smooth and was told that I would be contacted in 2 weeks. It's been over a month and there is no update yet which clearly shows lack of professionalism.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Great! It was a great experience and my interviewers were very nice. The interview was a softball interview because I guess they had liked my resume. They also described the project I would be working on to me in detail

Interview Questions

• What do you know about blockchain technology   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for a Summer internship. Phone interview with an HR manager a few months ago. Some basic questions like "Why do you want to work at NASDAQ? What experience have you had? Walk me through your resume." No contact since then, it has been 3 months. Nobody has reached out. I am hoping that they do!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq in January 2018.

Interview

Did the first round of phone interview months after i applied. The lady on the phone was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was told ill have some update in 2 weeks. It has been over a months of so and I'm still awaiting taresponse.

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was flexible and straight forward. They asked about the position and how behavioral questions. The interview process was 3 phone interviews with different people that worked in the department I applied for.

Softwa Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening by an internal recruiter, phone screening by hiring manager, plus on-sight interview. Asked multiple questions repeatedly and about topics which I already said I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with <some topic I already said with which I had no expereince>.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Two phone interviews for New York office. One with human resources internship head and other with manager. HR one was a simple screening and one with manager was behavioral. Got offer phone call 3 weeks after second interview.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

An external recruiter reached out for an initial touch then an internal Nasdaq recruiter reached out to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager. After I spoke with the hiring manager, he invited me to come in to speak with him and another VP. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and professional from the recruiters to both hiring managers. The on site interview was scheduled for 3 hours and I was there for less, so I knew I most likely wouldn't be offered the job. The role/company seems more reserved (I have a tech startup background) but had wanted to make a transition.