Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nasdaq Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq in February 2019.

Interview

Applied through Wayup, first was phone screen basic and easy. the second one was with the senior manager from Nasdaq. The second was more about to know me regarding my CV and was told more about the project in detail. Currently waiting for the third interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq in February 2019.

Interview

Like what other people have said, they lack professionalism. Waited for several months to get a second round interview with the hiring manager. After a few weeks, I followed up with the recruiter and received no responses. I wouldn’t be so disappointed if they had the decency to send a rejection letter.

Global Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq in February 2019.

Interview

I went through a phone screen with a third party agent, then a Nasdaq recruiter called me for a second interview to know more about me. Then, they match you up with a position they believe you fit best in, and will update you if a hiring manager is attracted to your resume. Then for the third and final interview, the hiring manager for the specific position will interview you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very smooth and as expected. I was expected to send in a resume along with the rest of my application. I interviewed with 2 people. The interviewers were very friendly and jovial. I then heard back the same day with my offer, and I expected.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

I got invited to an interview and was asked to do an assignment before that. They sent me a broken link to the assignment and after I announced them I can't access the link, it took the recruiter 3 days to reply. They tried to fix it but couldn't, so I went to the interview without assignment.

The 2 hours interview was very rushed, 3 sets of people wanted to talk to me separately. The programmers that were asking me technical questions got interrupted by the last person. They had to cut the interview short.

After this phase they sent me the assignment project. After completing it they called me to another interview.

Asking the one in the interview if I would get a response, he assured me that I would.

After 2 weeks of silence from them I reached out to the recruiter and I got the answer that the team is still deciding. It's been weeks since then and I never got a response.

Every time I visited their office the person interviewing me didn't know what room was reserved. They changed 3 recruiters during my process and none of them communicated with the one before. Every time I had to start over with the basic information.

They seem to have a lack of communication between departments and themselves. Also from the lack of response at the end I think they have 0 respect for candidates. Several people during the interview assured me that I would get a response, positive or negative.

A few other things that discouraged me:
    From what they told me, they do unpaid overtime. If I were to guess, I think it's quite a lot. A phrase that shocked me: "When we have an incident, people stay in the office until it's done"
    Their office is very far away from the city center. There are very few options to go out for a coffee or lunch in that area.

I would not recommend this company not even for an interview. In the end it was a complete waste of my time.

Systems Operations/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied via a referral and was notified by email that I would receive a phone interview. The interviewer had a heavy accent, was very confused by the questions he was asking, and very hard to understand overall.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any minors or majors not listed on your resume?   Answer Question
    • What language would you say you’re strongest in?   Answer Question
    • What are some projects you’ve worked on in your curriculum?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get out of the internship and why are you interested in Nasdaq?   Answer Question
    • Some technical questions about our JIRA implementation, how was the back and front end coded.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

First step was a recruiter called me out of the blue asking me what I knew about the company, where I worked now, etc. Recruiter set up a phone interview with the manager that interview went well and the manager requested an in person interview in the SF office. The in person interview was pretty disorganized it seemed the manager just needed someone there ASAP and wouldn't be training or on boarding them. The entire interview just consisted of me asking questions about the role he had no more than 2 questions for me. He then went to bring two people off the floor who answered some questions but were unprepared then he went back and grabbed a third person who basically just talked to me about nothing. At this point I was fed up I had told them I would need a response about the job ASAP because I had given another company a tentative acceptance. They said I would hear back the same day after a few hours. A few hours go by and no one calls. A few days go by and no one reaches out. A month later and I never heard back. At this point I've already accepted the other job but I was furious that they never reached back out. The recruiter was the only professional one throughout and even he didn't email. Save your time and find something better the Bay area is full of much better financial tech companies. NASDAQ had a run down office, no coffee machine much less snacks in the kitchen and the employees admitted that there was no team morale or diversity.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Vanuatu)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Sydney (Vanuatu)) in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter called me & introduced himself. He then asked which internship I applied for. Following this, he quizzed me on the company, then hung up after complaining how I gave an insufficient answer & he had too many people to interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NASDAQ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview.
    Phone interview is an hour long typically. In person interview is 3+ hours. The interview consisted of personality and technical questions. The technical questions were tough but answerable as long as you know what you are going in for.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Java?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

You would be asked to attend a phone interview if you got selected after applying online.The telephone interview consists of basic java questions and a simple java program.The process would take weeks.l