Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

One of the top awful interviews of my career. Interviewer was on her phone the entire time, with the nanny, her husband, looking at her computer. I was clearly interrupting her day.

Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq in March 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR, followed by brief in-person interview by head of HR and CEO. Additional interviews are in-person among additional peer and senior staff.

The initial in-person interviews were haphazard and unfocused. HR spent a disorganized 15 minutes asking for my overview after admitting to not have prepped or reading my CV. She was called out early for a conflicting meeting. Time spent with the CEO was brief (30 mins) and largely centered on him providing an overview of the company and culture making it challenging for the candidate to get their stories in.

Interview Questions

• The initial phone screening by HR was well done, conversational and an exercise of identifying experience level and experience relevance match. The in-person interviews were poorly managed with too little attempt at understanding the candidate's match.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq in August 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews: one phone interview, an in-person meeting with a manager and I also had the chance to ask questions with a small group of future co-workers. The 3rd interview was a quick presentation of training on a website. This was to show my training capabilities.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

There are two people doing the interview for me, and they are very nice and friendly. They set down with you and go though the project they interested in on my portfolio, we had a great conversation during this meeting. And at the end of the interview, they took me for a tour in there time sq's office and showroom. It was definitely a once in a lift time experience.

Interview Questions

• 1.Talk about myself.
      3. Questions about projects.
      2.What's your most strength skill.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Good, helpful recruiters, good communications, let me know where I stood throughout the process, gave good feedback. Several different levels of interviews with managers. Process was efficient but drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Questions about cultural fit and ability to work with others. Questions about technical expertise and career goals.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Nasdaq HR recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn as I my profile was a good fit for a role in a growing team. Interview process was very easy and straightforward thanks to the fantastic HR Bruce.

Interview stages were as follows:
    1) phone call with HR to assess fit, review resume and expectations.
    2) preliminary phone call with hiring manager with both basic technical (coding) Qs and behavioral Qs.
    3) HR called back to inform that I was selected to move to the on-site interview stage. I was asked to complete a short coding project with presentation. A week's time was given, which was ample despite my day job time commitment.
    3) half day on-site interview with hiring manager, peers and HR. The interview with hiring manager included the presentation and code review.
    4) Final decision notice took about 2.5 weeks but only because of the Xmas and New year holidays. Again HR was kind enough in letting me know that the decision would take time ( which was expected due to the holiday season).

I really enjoyed the interview process because all the interviewers conducted the sessions like open conversations, not just to assess my ability to fill the position, but also to help me understand what the role truly involved and if I wanted to be a part of it.

All the employees are brilliant without being alpha-competitive, unlike some other big name companies. Even after joining here, I have (happily) found that all my colleagues are honestly invested in the company mission and genuinely want everyone on the team to do their best. This is definitely something that influenced my decision to accept the offer, although the job profile showed excellent growth potential and benefits were competitive as well.

Interview Questions

• Coding project.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflicting priorities and deadlines?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

After applying online, received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview - basic questions (walk me through your resume, why do you want to apply for this role, what compensation are you looking for, etc...)

After this, a team member from Manila will reach out to schedule an in-person interview. This was very inefficient - added more time, miscommunications, etc... There was no need to outsource this step.

In-person interview was great. Plenty of technical questions mixed in with behavioral questions.

After that the team member in Manila reached out again to schedule a follow-up interview with the team members.

Offer took 2 weeks to come through after the 2nd round in-person interview. Offer is contingent on a drug test, very thorough background check, and FBI fingerprint scans.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skills would translate to this role? (specifics).   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First was the phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and "why you want to work at Nasdaq" type discussion. After, an interview with the manager that I worked under. This was primarily "walk me through your resume" and finding out your qualities type interview.

Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

I applied through college. After a week, I got a call for an in-person interview. Interview was mostly based on behavioral questions and my resume. It went very well. After that I contacted the recruiting manager couple of times through email and phone calls. I haven't yet heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• It seems the interview was not scheduled properly. The technical people I was going to interview with, were not available.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwell, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Rockwell, MD (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Corresponded multiple times by email to set up a phone interview. After setting it up the phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty straight foreword about past work and technical experience. The next step was to conduct certain tasks to show writing/programming abilities. This was to be completed after the interview though I did not hear from them again.