Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nasdaq Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Vanuatu)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Sydney (Vanuatu)) in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter called me & introduced himself. He then asked which internship I applied for. Following this, he quizzed me on the company, then hung up after complaining how I gave an insufficient answer & he had too many people to interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NASDAQ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview.
    Phone interview is an hour long typically. In person interview is 3+ hours. The interview consisted of personality and technical questions. The technical questions were tough but answerable as long as you know what you are going in for.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Java?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

You would be asked to attend a phone interview if you got selected after applying online.The telephone interview consists of basic java questions and a simple java program.The process would take weeks.l

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview consisted of initial phone screening followed by 2 phone interviews with members of the team I'd be working with. Mostly behavioral with some technical gauging if I had a relevant skill set for the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have conducting data analysis, what technical skills do you have that are relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Software Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

- Initial brief phone call with recruiter. Typical conversation about background.
    - 45 minute conversation with manager going over technical background. Pleasant conversation about goals/future expectations. Seemed liked a really nice guy. Sent a take home assignment for me to do in a short amount of time. Requirements were open ended but somewhat confusing, so I had to clarify with follow up email.
    - Several days later I had a 30 minute phone call with a senior/lead architect who was really nice. Went over background and asked some technical questions around technology and API design. Nothing complicated at all.
    - Final interview was supposed to be with 5 people. For me it was only two, with the third being sick. First part was with the manager from the phone who just asked a white board design question about building and scaling out an app, and then a brain teaser. No chit chat like on the phone, just straight to technical. Second part was with a developer who went over Java technical questions about threads, Spring framework, hashmaps, OOP, etc. Third guy was out sick but manager said he would contact me about scheduling a video chat later in the week. I reached out to manager the next day but never heard back. Got an automated email a couple days later from Nasdaq saying they went with someone else.

Besides the take home project, the interview process was pretty straight forward. The people I spoke or met with all seemed to be really nice people to work with. All the technologies and projects discussed seemed really interesting. Not sure what happened at the end of the interview process. Would have been better if manager just said recruiter would reach out to me instead of leading me to believe there would be another interview. Either way I enjoyed the interview and thought it was a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How does a hash table work? Why override equals and hashcode?
      Some simple stuff involving Java threading
      General spring framework questions. Nothing crazy.
      You have an application on a single sever. What technologies would you use? How would you scale the database? How would you scale the servers if more requests come in? How would you secure the app? Caching? Etc   Answer Question

Nasdaq Response

15 May 2018 – HR Representative

Thanks for your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that your interview experience ended that way. We are always trying to find ways to improve our candidate experience, so your feedback will help us... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for a Summer internship. Phone interview with an HR manager a few months ago. Some basic questions like "Why do you want to work at NASDAQ? What experience have you had? Walk me through your resume." No contact since then, it has been 3 months. Nobody has reached out. I am hoping that they do!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Lakewood, CO (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview had 3 stages. The first was about Java, then about big data, and finally with management. I didn't meet all the criteria for the position but believed there would be an opportunity to learn. It was really a waste of time since it took 2 weeks to finally be rejected after an onsite interview. If there was a specific requirement for the position that I didn't have than it would have been better to reject my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions about which big data technologies I have used.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Vilnius (Lithuania)) in April 2017.

Interview

Exercise sheet(Interesting and logical questions, do not require a lot of knowledge) had to do it in a week. It was followed by screening interview(typical, questions about how you work in a team and etc.). Technical interview (With two Senior QA testers).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Mysore) in June 2014.

Interview

It was an in Campus interview, first they had a written test having logical and reasoning questions, followed by group Discussion and then 1:1 interview. ended with HR round. The panel was quite supportive and i enjoyed the face to face round alot.

Interview Questions

• My hobbies and who is my role model   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2018.

Interview

After a phone screening, I had a one-site interview with the hiring manager. The whole interview took one hour and a little bit more. They are very friendly and the whole process is relaxing.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest challenge after you get the position?   Answer Question