Nasdaq Software Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nasdaq Software Specialist Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

There was no phone interview. After applying for the position and not hearing anything, but still seeing the position posted I made some phone calls. Eventually networked into somebody who helped. Got a call for an interview. The interview was very informal. Focused on even though it's NASDAQ it's not a trading position. I need somebody yesterday. The job description was for installation and training for new clients. I was told that even though it's a suppot role, there would be cross and up-selling opportunity. Was given some info and asked to prepare a presentation and schedule an appointment with the secretary to come back in 2-3 weeks. Upon trying to schedule the 2nd interview, my phone call where I left a voice mail was responded to via email regretting to inform me that they were considering more qualified candidates. I called back (this time I got the secretary) asking if there was some mistake because I was already asked to prepare a presentation and come back. Got an email from the manager say that upon further thought, he was only considering people with 3-5 years prior software sales experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. It was a bizarre interview. for a small department. I'm not even really sure I was interviewed for the position I actually applied for despite my pulling out the posting and using it for talking points because there was a sales position listed that called for 3-5 years software sales experience that was also posted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nasdaq

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Bengaluru) in September 2015.

Interview

Okayish interview - nothing difficult. Basic questions about REST, HTTP and client server architectures. Also something on JavaScript and Unit Testing.
    First was a phone screening, then it was a face to face (3-4 rounds). After couple of days HR called, salary etc (they didn't even negotiate), and rolled out offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue, all questions are pretty text book. No puzzles or difficult DS questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.