Find jobs for Managing Consultant

Navigant Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jun 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Navigant

3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 12 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2016

Interview

A series of phone screens with an onsite interview day - much like a super day. The onsite day consisted of discussing past accomplishments and experience, giving a "revenue cycle topic" presentation, brunch conversation, and a quick sit down with one of their founders (very similar to a "Super Day" set up). They are very back end and systems focused, and going through an integration period with Navigant where they are trying to understand their fit. Overall, everyone is very congenial and professional. I rejected the offer because they wanted to bring me in as a Senior Consultant instead of a managing consultant. This seems to be a tactic they use to get people to interview with them and try to "wow" the interviewee to the company - as I have spoken with others who have also interviewed with the firm. so be sure you are clear on what position you are interviewing for. their compensation seems to be at the middle/high end of the industry of the major firms.

Interview Questions
  • How have you developed your team members? Talk about a time when your client pushed back on your recommendations What is your managing style? Do you have Epic experience/certifications? How much back/middle/front end experience do you have? Are you willing to move to a city where we have an office?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL)

Interview

The process was surprisingly quick. First a phone screen with HR, then a series of interviews with members of the team. The entire process only took a month or so. Some of the interviewers focused on subject matter of the position, while others were more of a topical conversation about the industry. Overall, I was satisfied with the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really stood out as all that difficult, although I hear some candidates have to perform an Excel test.
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in Nov 2014

Interview

I only had one interview session with three senior managers. One hour for each senior manager. All three grilled me on how my knowledge on past projects and how I handled solving problems.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background in financial services. What knowledge and skills have you developed based on your experience in the industry?
Navigant
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant in Oct 2014

Interview

The interview process took a little over 4+ weeks. I initially interviewed with HR proceeded by a round of interviews with the hiring mgr. and Senior mgrs (over the course of weeks). My interviews were mainly over the phone followed with video interview. The interviews seemed to be conversational and work experience related. However In all honesty, the process has you riddled with anxiety awaiting to see if you've made it to next interview phase.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewed with several people. Be prepared for all types of questions and personalities.
Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Montgomery, AL) in Jun 2014

Interview

You go through several interviews with this position. First you are contacted by a recruiter that interviews you by phone and screens you for the position. Next you are scheduled with a phone interview with the Project manager. After that, if they are still interested you are scheduled with an additional phone interview with the Managing director and 1-2 staff you will work with. Then you are finally scheduled for an in person interview that lasts at least half the day. I interviewed with 5 different people that day at varying times.

Interview Questions
Navigant
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant in Nov 2013

Interview

The interview process was professional and informative. I was referred by an employee so I felt like I had more direct insight as to what to expect. I met with a member of the senior leadership team and we had a wonderful discussing the current climate of healthcare and the innovative solutions Navigant was presenting to clients to help them survive healthcare reform.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my past experiences because I have worked at a number of consulting firms
Navigant
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant

Interview

Applied through company jobs site, received call from corporate recruiter scheduling phone interview. Had a phone interview which was fairly easy and then was invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview also was very straightforward. Received offer after two days.

Interview Questions
Navigant
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in Apr 2013

Interview

Skills/Fit interview with principals. Discussion of relevant skills (econometrics, subject matter expertise). Willingness to take on new work outside of comfort zone was stressed by all principals. Further, desire to be part of business development and growth of both the firm and the employee was discussed at length.

Interview Questions
  • Future career goals, reasons for leaving, value add to the firm.
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in Jun 2012

Interview

Process was smooth once I had the initial phone interview. It took time though to get to the initial phone interview. The all day consisted of 4 fit interviews as well which was a resume review and pretty standard with consultants at all levels. There was one initial phone screen with HR, and then with a current consultant. Offer came within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were 2 cases; one prepared in advance and one where materials were given on the interview day.
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2012

Interview

took 4 months to go through the hiring process. first phone interview, then in-person meeting with direct sup, afterwards met with a few folks in senior mgmt. then received offer right after last set of interviews

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews

Popular Careers with Navigant Job Seekers