Navigant Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Navigant Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Navigant

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

first round (2 video interviews) 30 min each: 1 behavioral interview, 1 case interview
final round: 1 case presentation, 1 on the spot case, 2 behavioral interviews
market sizing for a drug
why navigant
why consulting

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

I had an HR screen and a series of 3 phone interviews with different members of the team at various levels (not sure if that's normal or if this is usually in person since I did not reside in a hub city), then 1 in person interview, which included a case study/excel test.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

Initial phone screen, video call interview with case and fit questions (45mins) and then received invitation to in-office interview. 1 candidate-led case (45mins), 2 fit interviews (each 45mins), 1 take-home case presentation (45mins). Everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant in October 2019.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. 1st round was 30min behavioral (skype), 2nd round was 30min case (skype), and last round was 2x 30min behavioral, 30min case, & 30min presentation (in-office).

Great team, and recruiter very transparent about the process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process went pretty quickly. First interview rounds were more fit based, last interview involved a case and an excel challenge. You are given 30 minutes to prepare for the case, which was unexpected and very helpful.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Had 3 phone call interviews. One with the HR person, and then two case studies over the phone with two different people.

I passed to the in-person interview at the NYC offices. That day was followed by standard fit interviews, one one-on-one case study, and a presentation of a case I was given to prepare beforehand.

Had an overall great experience, everyone was friendly nothing to complain about

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for fit test ( tell me about yourself, why consulting, why Navigant etc).

The case was standard, with some math to solve and some graph interpretation.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 months. Recruiter for this role reached out for a quick phone screen and then met with 2 directors in person. Then met with other team members, 2 managing consultants, 1 principle, 1 consultant. 2 days later, recruiter told me they moved forward with other candidates. Questions are mainly about experience and cultural fit.

I also want to say that I did not like the team culture there (I will not say which practice though). One managing consultant kept interrupting me and I felt like she was trying to talk down to me. Other team members from principle to consultant are all very nice of course but super serious, even a little awkward. Some of them didn't know how to interview asking irrelevant questions, and the other managing consultant didn't know how to have a conversation. I am glad they did choose me because i wouldn't want to work with them.

My advise to candidates interview with Navigant: know your experience, know what they do, know how your experience connects to the role. But also keep in mind, you are interviewing them too. Prepare for some questions about the role, the job and the culture. Observe team culture, ask yourself would you like working here with these people. That is very important.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. In person interview included a presentation, case study, and going to lunch. I spoke with someone in every role that I'd interact with on a project, which helped me understand the project structure.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navigant (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first was 30 minute phone interview (after a couple weeks from application deadline). The second round was in person at the Boston office. They gave us a technology to review and to put a presentation together for the interview day. On interview day, 3 rounds of interviews: two were 1-1 interview (behaviorial & case question), and one was the prepared presentation.

Interview Questions

• Very typical consulting questions - Behavorial - Tell me about yourself, your experience, why consulting. 2 rounds of case interviews style, 1 interview was presenting a technology market overview.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

Do not expect any response to an online application. I've applied to a number of positions here, and the company doesn't have the decency to set up an automated receipt confirmation email.

Eventually, I did have a number of interviews for a position. On that occasion, I submitted an application and received no response for three months. I then got an email from a recruiter for the company to set up a phone interview for 30 minutes. That went well and I eventually had two other interviews with more senior members of the company and with people I would actually be working with. After that, I was asked if I would consider moving to a different location, which I made clear I would not. At that point, I was told that someone would get back to me, and I never heard another word from the company. I'm won't fault them for not offering me a position at that point, but I am a bit turned off by the lack of any response after going through several rounds of interviews.

The interview process I went through was:
    1. Phone screen with recruiter.
    2. Separate phone calls with two different senior staff members on the team with the open position.

The steps that were described for me as being part of the process were:
    3. In person interview with a group of individuals from the team.
    4. Presentation on a topic of candidate's choice.

Steps 3 & 4 would take place on the same day, and would likely result in an employment decision on that day.

The people I spoke with from the company were very polite and intelligent, but the application and recruiting process are nightmarish. Navigant has no regard for applicants, as evidenced by the lack of even an automated reply. For a company that also provides IT consulting, their recruiting webpage is a joke. (Use Internet Explorer 10 for best results!)

Additionally, at last check, Navigant does not accept cover letters.

Part of the reason I think I got an interview was that I have an acquaintance who works at the firm whose name I was able to use as a reference. If you would like to work here, I would strongly suggest you network with some people who already do.

Interview Questions

• Its been a couple of months and I don't recall at this point. I'm required to fill this box.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.