Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé Purina U.S.

3.1

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

I have interviewed with Purina Petcare 4 times, 3 with the same recruiter, and for a total of 2 different job titles. The process that I have gone through has been canned, unprofessional, dishonest, and very impersonal. After the first time I interviewed with the recruiter, I was told at the end of the interview that I had an extremely well versed and experienced background for the job they were hiring for and am an ideal candidate for the role. I was told my answers to the STAR format behavioral questions were excellent and I communicated the answers in a very clear, concise way to the extent of the recruiter saying this was one of the best interviews she had ever had. I left the interview feeling confident and hopeful that I would move on in the process because I truly have a passion for the Purina brand, pets, and the health and wellness of pets... not to mention I am a pet owner and have fed your products for 30 years. And let me reiterate I was told this was an excellent interview. A week later, I got the " we're sorry we are pursuing other candidates at this time, but please keep checking back for other open positions" email. A few months later another position came up, not a TM position, and I reached out directly to the previous recruiter, because she told me I could personally contact her if I saw a position of interest. She said they were too far along in that process with some candidates and not accepting new applications. However, she did tell me to keep checking the site and other openings, especially after the new year because after people get their bonus' many leave and there are many open positions to fill. That threw up a red flag for me. So I did watch for more roles to pop up after the new year, and sure enough, that was an accurate statement. And based on comments on here even the HR department agrees you are not, in some cases, hiring the right talent and/or trying to keep them in regards to pay. I recently applied to another TM role, that once again, the recruiter I have interviewed with before and been in contact with, did the initial phone interview. Once on the phone her comment to me was " I was so glad to see your name apply for this position, you are an ideal candidate and would be great for this role." Again, the interview seemed great, like the others....and just like the others I received the "we are pursuing other candidates at this time" email came a week later. I will add that after receiving this email for the second time, I asked for some feedback if it was at all possible. The feedback that I received was I did not have enough outside sales experience. I have 15 years of outside sales experience and Account Management.
    If I wasn't the right candidate for the position, that's fine, but do not say how "ideal I am, how we need to find you a spot in our company, and that my interview was one of the best you have had" and then provide dishonest feedback when asked. I am extremely disappointed in how this process has occurred and it has really made me rethink my decision to apply at Purina Petcare and my perception of the company and brand.

Interview Questions

• STAR, behavioral related questions (there are an assortment)   Answer Question

Digital Asset Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and well executed. The recruiter clearly outlined the process to me, and called me at the agreed upon time. The conversation was comfortable and relaxed, and the recruiter answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest achievements wit your organization?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was well coordinated, timely & thorough. In addition the information communicated to me as a candidate prior to each interview was detailed. First round interview was with recruiter. Second round was a 3 hour interview format broken up into hour long interviews with the hiring manager, team member, and director of group. Each group asked different behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent situation when you went beyond your role to achieve a goal or objective.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when it was important, but difficult, to build a relationship with someone within your organization.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you successfully led a new project or plan. Describe the actions you took, the challenges you faced, how you overcame those challenges and what the overall outcome was.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First, I received an email to schedule a behavior based question phone interview. A recruiter called me and we went over two questions. Later that day I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I interviewed with three different people that each asked me similar but different behavior based questions. I received an offer a few days later. Make sure to do your research and practice practice practice. Bring short bullet point notes with you to help if needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult co worker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your priorities.   Answer Question

16 Mar 2020 – Human Resources

Welcome to our pack – we hope it’s just the start of a long career with us. Great tips on preparing for your face to face interview. Thanks, again!

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Davenport, IA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Screening with Two behavioral based questions at first contact. do well enough there and youll get an in person interview with three different interviews, 2 behavioral based questions per interview. Received a call the following day with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a mistake and what did you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

16 Mar 2020 – Human Resources

Congratulations on your new role, we’re happy to have you in Davenport, IA! We appreciate your feedback on your experience during our recruitment process. Thank you!

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

Very easy as applicants are provided a great deal of information and resources for to prepare for the interview process. They don't leave you hanging to find out where you stand.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last 3 jobs and why you left.   3 Answers

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was about 45 minutes long. It was with a recruiter and she asked me 2 behavioral-based questions as well as walking her through my resume about my experience and what I took away from each job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced with a conflict with a coworker and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

16 Mar 2020 – Human Resources

We appreciate your interest in a career with us. Join our Talent Network to receive alerts when future jobs become available that match your interests: https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thank you!

Production Data Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. in December 2019.

Interview

Waste of time. This company doesn’t hire based on qualifications. It’s about who you know in there to get you in. Applied 9 times at this company and got interviewed by phone three times and none of them worked. Currently I work for a company with a similar work environment and I know many people who went to work for purina. Some of them barely speak English. This tells it all. Never again going to apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone or a group   Answer Question

16 Mar 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest in a career at Nestlé Purina. We select candidates based on qualifications and behaviors demonstrated during our behavioral based interview. We also value a culturally diverse workforce – we realize that diversity of thought makes us better as an organization. Thank you for your feedback. – Tammy, Manager-Talent Sourcing

Accountant Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via linkedIn asking me if I wanted to discuss about this position sometime, had a phone interview with the recruiter. Turned down after the interview, but the recruiter is nice, will try again. Informative and quick, pretty casual because it is just round one.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

3 Dec 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and continued interest in a career with us. Join our Talent Network to hear from us when new jobs are posted you may be interested in: https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thanks, again!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a 2-3 hour on site with two different people every half hour

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral (tell me about a time STAR stories), there were no case questions   Answer Question

3 Dec 2019 – Human Resources

Let us be the first to say, welcome to the pack! Congratulations on your new role, we hope it is the start of a long career here. Thank you for beginning that career by providing us with feedback on your recruitment experience – it won’t be the last time we want to hear from you. Thanks and congrats, again!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.