Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé USA

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Applied online, process took a bit more than a month. 3 rounds of interviews with the last interview being a long interview and a chance to network. questions included the typical why us and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a decision off of incomplete information   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

3 phone interviews (1 with recruiter then 2 with the hiring manager), followed by a 4 hour back-to-back video panel with 3 other peers. After that final panel (meant to be the final round), I didn't hear anything for several weeks. Then was told there had been changes to the team and two more rounds would be added. I had one additional phone interview, then I did not hear anything for over six weeks, after having been told the team "really liked me" and it was "a formality" to add additional sessions. After following up many times, the HR contact told me that the position was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Can you share examples of times where you managed executives?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was all behavioral questions and had three rounds. The first two were phone interviews and the final round interviews were in Washington D.C. at headquarters. The final round had 3 back to back interviews and everyone was super nice. No one was trying to trick you, very straightforward.

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

-First round phone interview
    -Second round, flown out to DC do do 3 interviews with 2 people each
    -Both interviews were behavioral
    -There was a networking event the night before the interviews
    -They ask if you'd be okay going to more rural parts of the US to work as part of your rotation

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornwall on Hudson, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Cornwall on Hudson, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Fast and informative. Very professional, but overall not very interesting. The gentleman was very programed in responses didn't know how to answer my questions without reading from a script. I did not receive an interview, but I was not mad either.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Arlington, VA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Was referred to the position by someone who works at the company. HR recruiter quickly contacted me and we had a great conversation, which she closed with "you're clearly qualified so let me get your info over to the coordinator to schedule an interview with the hiring manager today." A week passed and I followed up to find out via automated email that the recruiter was no longer with the company. Then, a week later I received an automated message saying they "decided to pursue other applicants for the posting." They clearly have some work to do within their recruiting team. If that's how they treat someone who has been referred by an existing employee, I can only imagine the process for others. I highly admire Nestle but this experience definitely doesn't demonstrate much respect for their candidates and potential talent (which are also consumers of their products).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Nestle now?
      Walk me through your experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Pretty standard large enterprise process...phone screen with recruiter, spoke with hiring manager, and had several one-on-one interviews with relevant peers and managers in the hiring department before a decision a week later. They provided links to company information and emphasized they use the STAR framework and a behavioral question format to prepare, which was true. All in all it was a fine process, until the end when the recruiter notified me that they went with another candidate by leaving a canned voicemail and sending an auto generated rejection email 30 minutes later. After six conversations and 4 week process, I found the ending unprofessional and perhaps indicative of the real culture and way people are treated there. The worst is that they emphasized a recruiting feedback survey and I gave pretty good input, then the voicemail rejection literally came right at the start of the next day. It honestly felt a little manipulated that they got their positive survey, then pulled the voicemail rejection move immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Handling obstacles in a challenging project
      Motivating underperforming team member
      Dealing with getting buy-in from skeptics   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA in August 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. The recruiter told me to connect with her on LinkedIn (didn't really give me an option) I interviewed for a job in Finance and the recruiter suggested I apply for a position in a different department. Which I was thankful for.

I reached out to her online to find out if I could reach out to the recruiter for the other position. She was a little short with me. Later she informed me she was the recruiter and since we screened for the other job I didn't need to do it again. I think I bugged her by messaging her on LinkedIn, but she did ask me to do that.

I never heard back until I got the automated email saying I didn't get the job. They are a giant company so I wouldn't really expect anything else, but it would have been nice to hear directly from the recruiter rather an automated email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you think about setting goals, what are some metrics you think are important?

Have you managed a team before?   Answer Question

Nestlé USA Response

9 Sep 2020 – Digital Media Specialist

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience. We’ll pass along your feedback to our team and if you’d like to share more information, please feel free to contact us at USRecruiting[at]US[dot]Nestle[dotcom].

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone and they were very welcoming and transparent. A generally simple process where I was asked questions about my resume and work experience and other questions that focused more on culture fit. Lastly, was given a set time in the end to ask questions and all of my questions were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to intern in the Communications Department?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Arlington, VA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The process in the beginning was pretty simple. One of the recruiters reached out to me and we had a 30 min conversation about the role. After, I was set up with 4 interviews with the hiring manager and the team for a virtual interview. It took about 2 weeks. I thought the interview went well after speaking to the whole team. However, no one reached out or follow up with me after my interview. I was ghosted after speaking to the whole team. I reached out to the recruiter and received no reply back. I assumed the position was filled. I didn’t even receive a generic thank you for applying, however email. Very unprofessional and disappointing experience for a company I admired.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.