NetApp Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at NetApp

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

First HR interview - Simple basic C questions, Second Hiring manager round- Discussion of projects, Third technical round - Discussion on technical topics, Fourth round is coding assignment, got rejected

Interview Questions

• Basic C concepts, Difference between processes and threads, mutexes, notify, wait   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was great experience with NetApp people who works for NetApp/ SolidFire they are nice and friendly seems like they are extremely knowledgeable. First step was over the with their Technical Recruiter it was easy mainly based on my previous experience . After that I had video call interview with head of engineer and one of the senior engineer which was thorough question my background, previous how long I have been coding, what is the personal strength it took 1 hour 30 minutes which was unusual. I heard back from them for in person interview couple days after video call.

In person interview was great experience it took 4 hours with 8 different engineers as I knew they were team members from SolidFire. First round was with Automation engineers they were asking some Testing question including coding questions which was fairly normal, not hard not easy question. Second round was Senior Engineers who has deep knowledge developer mainly asked about coding questions it was more how would you design your class for particular example of vending machine also Linux questions. Third and fourth round is more of chatting QA question as well as general role behavior and expectation based.

I did not get offer the reason is my Linux experience/knowledge was not enough for NetApp/ SolidFire I think it was fair because company is based their system with Linux strongly. My recommendation for this particular position if you apply for Test Engineer in Development you should have strong Linux and coding experience.

I personally enjoyed my time at NetApp people seems to be so nice and helpful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Got an email from hiring manager and an Interview was scheduled. A 30 minute interview was taken by three team members. After the interview didn't hear back from any of them not even a reject!

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself, projects, area of interest and she asked whether I had experience working with any hyperviser.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview with 1 hour of technical interview and 1 hour of behavioral interview. The interview itself was relaxed and not too difficult. This was an onsite interview by the way.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

After a telephone interview, the process was 3 back to back interviews with 3-4 interviewers each time. Nerve wracking.

The first interview kicked off with the interviewer who represented engineering quickly moving to shut down any effective communication by setting out to trap me using a technical strawman that had nothing to do with what they were after.

The rest of the interviews were really uncomfortable, I never recovered and now wish I had just walked out after the first five exchange.

Total waste of time, shook my confidence and I cringe just to remember. All evidence suggests a toxic culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle user story refinement for a Linux upgrade?   Answer Question

Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Mainly focused on behavioral questions and work experience to determine job fit. The first interview was with the recruiter over the phone. This was a quick check on relevant experience. A phone interview with the hiring manager followed. The hiring manager focused on cultural fit and experience. The next round was a day of interviews with a variety of individuals and groups in different roles. There was no noticeable coordination between the interviews. Each interviewer asked about topics important to them. It boiled down to mainly behavioral and experience related questions.

The interviews were all pleasant. But after the interviews, I did not receive any feedback, nor any other communication from NetApp. Of course, I did reach out and asked, but the reply was a 'no decision, yet'. My read on the situation was, that I was not selected. But again, no communication from NetApp.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with building automated test frameworks?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Campus hire, followed by one round of one-site interview for a couple of hours. Interviewed by engineers, followed by the hiring manager. Overall, it was a good experience. Received the offer letter the following day.

Interview Questions

• About my prior projects. Questions in C++, linked list and, tree based algorithms, Race conditions in OS.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.