NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at NetApp

1. Featured Interview

Member Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (South Goa) in October 2019.

Interview

NetApp visited BITS Pilani looking for Interns from ME CS. Written Test followed by two technical interviews and HR.
    Written Test consists of three coding questions in 50 mins and 30 MCQs in 30 min. Coding questions are-
    1) How many ways currency can be created from given denominations
    2) Coding question related to Huffman Coding
    3) Don't remember
    MCQs were on OS,Networking, Aptitude and I/O questions.
    I felt questions easy

Interview Questions

• Round 1:
      Tell me about yourself.
      ->Asked a question on multi threading trying to get locks on two resources and asked what issue do you see? Ans- Deadlock. Then asked how will you avoid deadlock, gave answer through Banker's algo, but he was not satisfied looking for some solution which doesn't rely on OS.
      ->Write program on how to find maximum in given list of integers and then asked to give extreme test cases. Interviewer was a very experienced person, he asked what are your hobbies, I am part of a department in College for which I do event management. What all languages you know?

He also asked me to ask questions from him- Asked him what all positions are there for which he is recruiting intern. Feedback of my interview and where should I work

Round 2:
      What all are the functions of OS? Answered that then he asked what happens if one process writes in address space of other.
      ->What is memory leakage?
      ->Difference between malloc and calloc
      ->Different memory allocations used in a program
      ->Write program to find sub-string in given string which is palindrome, questions on code written
      ->Questions related to previous work experience
      -> Any questions for us
      HR:
      ->How do you like the NetApp selection process, give feedback(if any)
      -> Why do you want to work in NetApp
      ->Questions related to work experience
      ->Why are you doing Mtech after doing job?
      ->Any questions for us-Asked what does they expect when we join them in Summer for internship.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewing at NetApp was overall very positive. I had a phone call with a recruiter, phone call with the manager, then an in person interview with a few different people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Applied Online.

Two Interview Rounds:

One Technical phone interview
    Second interview was online video interview. It had 4 technical rounds with 4 SW Engineers and one round with the Director.
    Overall positive experience

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in January 2020.

Interview

Had a phone interview then a full day on-site. The team was extremely friendly and welcoming. Maybe the best team interview I've been to. Questions were routine and related to the role.

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Straight forward process. Was contacted by a recruiter via email. Scheduled two phone interviews which were hardly even interviews. Very conversational and laid back. The recruiter just explained the role and asked about my background. Went in for an onsite interview the following week. Very straightforward laid back interview. Met with the manager and a member of the team. Both were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Several members in Sales, Consulting and Management each with business unit needs and priorities. Internal teams were not aligned on their ideal candidate qualifications. Company also has unclear Cloud Affinity Strategy. How will they be relevant moving forward.

MTS3 Interview

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I had one phone screening, a phone interview with the hiring manager, an in-person with four team members, a presentation for three team members and another manger over the span of 2 months. The team members were great and the interview process was thorough but not hard if you prepare. After several attempts to get in contact with the recruiter I never heard back on them moving forward with another candidate. Great company but the recruitment process was not impressive.

Director of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

This 'interview' with NetApp was quite peculiar and not really much of an 'interview' per se -- but it is important for me to share this experience with my fellow Glassdorians in case they find themselves in a similar predicament.

I had never applied to or interviewed at NetApp before. Out of the blue, an executive recruiter reached out to me saying that a Senior Director had come across my profile and was interested in me because of my background in Management Consulting and Corporate Strategy with a strong focus on M&A. I was not looking for a job... but I thought I'd explore this opportunity. The recruiter further went to to say that the hiring team "very much liked my profile" and they were eager to speak with me.

Then he (the recruiter) had me fill out all these lengthy pre-screening administrative questions and said that he would circle back with some interview dates & times. That was the last I heard from NetApp. After weeks, I have sent numerous follow ups, but still no response.

"Ghosting" a candidate is never cool and it makes the company look very bad. It is downright unprofessional and discourteous, especially given that I didn't even apply to this role; they had approached me. Furthermore, having me do all this paperwork and even acknowledge this is profoundly shameful. Just think about this: if this is how they treat candidates, just imagine how they would treat their own employees! Today's candidates are tomorrow's leaders and they will keep in mind unpleasant experiences perhaps even abstaining from doing business with companies that treat people like second-class citizens.

Finally, in a twist if irony, not joining NetApp was blessing in disguise because this other large cap tech company --- a competitor of NetApp --- made me an offer I could't refuse. I recently came to learn that NetApp tried to sell itself to my new company but we declined to acquire NetApp largely due to many red flags including its troubling mistreatment of people. It is a small world out there and I hope both potential employers and employees with treat each other with respect, dignity, professionalism, courtesy and compassion.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

After a telephone interview, the process was 3 back to back interviews with 3-4 interviewers each time. Nerve wracking.

The first interview kicked off with the interviewer who represented engineering quickly moving to shut down any effective communication by setting out to trap me using a technical strawman that had nothing to do with what they were after.

The rest of the interviews were really uncomfortable, I never recovered and now wish I had just walked out after the first five exchange.

Total waste of time, shook my confidence and I cringe just to remember. All evidence suggests a toxic culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle user story refinement for a Linux upgrade?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Typical 3 rounds: phone screen w/ recruiter, phone screen w/ hiring manager, 2.5 hour on-site interview with 5 team members (1-on-1). The intervals between each stage were sometimes over a week. The process took a while.

Interview Questions

• - what issues have you faced working in product marketing and how did you address them?   Answer Question
    • - talked about a current issue/ campaign they were working on, asked about my insights and how i would plan/strategize for it   Answer Question
    • - asked about my career goals/ why netapp will help achieve them   Answer Question
    • - overall interview was conversational. they wanted to gauge how i would tackle a lot of projects they are working on/have worked on in the past   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.