NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NetApp Interview Questions

Interviews at NetApp

1. Featured Interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Telephone and face to face interview both technical and one HR round technical was a programming round asked to write around 5 programs from easy to difficult level .
    Had an option to write in any of the languages but the logic was tested with sample data

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

1;1 on-site interview
    met with a few people from the team.
    interviewing is more if you click with that person you will get the job if you don't ,chances are you will not get the offer. I received good feedback from one of the persons but I never made it past the first round. it took the HR team over a month to get in in touch with me

HR recruiters actually respond to emails, big ++++

Contractor Interview

Interview

The interview was over the phone and the questions were technical. I was asked to develop a function in Python (and in C) that computed basic things such as factorial using recursion.

Interview Questions

• Function that uses recursion to compute factorial   2 Answers

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then i had an on-site interview with 6 people starting with my thesis presentation. The whole process takes two months. At the end, I was told that we prefer to hire an internal candidate! Totally waste of time!

Interview Questions

• The questions were around operating systems (deadlocks, semaphores), queuing theory and computer architecture(Pipeline). Most of the interviewers were not ready for asking questions and I was told that "I don't have any specific question for you. so, just explain ...."   2 Answers

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The interviewer asked questions about my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company was seeking for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The internal staffing person will perform a quick phone screen. This takes about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager will perform a phone screen which will touch on technical questions as well as cultural fit questions. If you get through that, an senior engineer will do another phone screen. This will be very technical and actually writing code. Once you get pass all that they will invite you to a on-site. This will be mostly technical and will be talking to the hiring manager as well as 2-3 engineers.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Was approached by company recruiter. Here is my version of how Netapp would have interviewed Shakespeare if Netapp was a company that created stories:

Netapp interviewer: Do you know a poem which talks about stars ?
    Shakespeare: No sir, i dont have one from memory but I can create one if you like
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you have 20 mins
    Shakespeare starts thinking and starts writing down various words and pros.
    Netapp interviewer interrupts: Oh you are done? Coz the time is 10 mins already
    Shakespeare: Well i am trying to think as you can see various ways and words to form a poem
    Netapp interviewer: Ok you see it starts with "twinkle twinkle"
    Shakespeare: Sir like i said, i dont memorize poems mostly, you can see me work . I like writing and creating from my imagination and experience.
    Netapp interviewer: We dont have time for that. Sorry. Bye.

Essentially, they are looking for people who have memorized some programming problems. So if you already are familiar with that problem, you are hired. The creative programmer who solves problems has no chance of getting hired here.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Cranberry, PA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. HR contacted via email to schedule initial phone interview. Straightforward questions on OS concepts. Was asked to debug code. Heard back in a couple of days, was invited for an on site interview at their Cranberry office. Staff were very amicable and extremely friendly. 4 interviews in all, 3 technical, 1 with the manager based on my resume. All the interviews were pretty standard on OS concepts, code debugging, writing code, oops concepts and design. Heard back in three weeks. Received a mail with the offer. Process took about a month. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Condition variables in posix threads. Some questions about height balanced trees like AVL trees and red black trees. Nothing out of the blue.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Still contemplating the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions on Multithreading, bit manipulation. Also was asked about the projects mentioned on the resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was strictly behavioral; follow up interview was scheduled to be with a team but the team decided not to follow up with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strictly behavioral, the interviewer goes through and asks questions regarding any major work experience you may have, or any major projects you have been working on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Saw the job posting on University's website, Applied online and got a phone interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview contained no technical questions, asked questioned like what do you know about netapp, do you have experience with Linux?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.