Nielsen Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor.co.in

Nielsen Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Interviews at Nielsen

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Participated in phone interview for about 45 minutes. Was asked about my past experiences as well as some simple, case-like questions about what I would do given a business problem. Interviewer maintained constant communication and was very kind after the interview. Very engaged and friendly interviewer!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a college course that will help you in this job.   Answer Question

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

In person interview with manager and senior level employee. Basic interview questions about describing how to overcome difficult times in your work past and what to do if you have down time while at work.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you experienced a difficult situation. What did you do and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

First interview was on campus, then got invited for final round interviews in their Cincinnati office. The day began with an analytical assessment, which was full of finite math and basic statistics. The test was followed by a lunch with a panel, and then 3 interviews, 45 minutes each, back to back to back. After this was a case. Overall, the day was intense but went by really quickly. Did not receive an offer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I first met with Nielsen reps at a university career fair. After a brief conversation, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus a about a week later. This interview was about 45 minutes, with one person, and included a few case-style questions where a business scenario was presented. They also asked questions about my degree, extracurriculars, etc.

About a week and a half later, I got an email that I was selected for the final round interview. This interview took place at their office and consisted of 4 interviews with managers/senior level employees. One interview was a case-style interview where I was presented with some data and had time to prepare a brief verbal presentation, as if I were talking with a hypothetical client. Each interview was probably 30-40 minutes and I stayed in one room while the interviewers rotated. There was also a 45 minute math test that focused on logic, word problem type questions. There was also a great lunch spread provided where we had time to mingle with other applicants and ask questions of current employees.

This final round interview took about 5 hours from start to finish and was mentally exhausting, but throughout the day everyone I met was extremely kind, welcoming, and it was an awesome experience. About two weeks later, I was presented with an offer through a phone call.

I will say, that many of the questions they asked were unique and at times caught me off guard. I recommend using the CARS/STARS techniques and having lots of stories prepared that can answer a variety of behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used technology to solve a problem.
      How do you react when someone apologizes to you?
      What of your accomplishments are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. First round was mostly an attempt to relay what the job entailed and get to know the potential hire. Asked a small amount of technical questions but all and all was mostly to learn about background information.

Interview Questions

• Asked to run though resume experiences   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied to Nielsen through a career pipeline my University provides and received an on-campus interview just a week later. That interview was arranged as a panel between myself and two current Nielsen employees. Just two days later, my hiring manager invited me to an interview in Cincinnati the following weekend. At my interview, I took an analytical assessment and then moved into lunch and an afternoon of four one-on-one behavioral and case-study interviews. It was a quick process but slowed once all interviews were complete. I'm currently waiting to hear back, now a week and a half from my day in Cincinnati.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a mistake that you made and how you saw it through   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewed through two rounds of on-campus and in-office interviews. Recruiters came to my university for a day of behavioral and case study interviews. These were run of the mill, assessing general aptitude for the job. Moved on to the next and final interview, consisting of a quantitative reasoning test and five in-person interviews at their Cincinnati office, including two case study and three behavioral interviews. The entire process took four weeks and was streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Case Study: Based on the previous year's numbers for this chocolatier and its competitor in the displayed chart, what growth strategy would you recommend to your client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I talked to them at Career Fair. I received a call the next day to attend an interview pre-night and schedule an interview the following week. The interview was on campus with two analysts, mostly behavioral questions with a few critical thinking questions. About a week after the interview, I received an email letting me know I was being invited back for an on-site interview. This was at their office in Cincinnati, and I had three interviews similar to my on-campus one with individuals ranging from analysts to director, and one case study interview. There was a panel and lunch with some current analysts, followed by a pretty difficult math assessment (similar to GMAT questions). A couple days later I received a call that they were extending an offer of employment! Overall the process was very quick, and everyone I spoke with loved their jobs and were just interested in seeing if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that a small, local company wants to bring their product to a large grocery store (Kroger), what kind of data would you want to collect that would help you present a case to Kroger and convince them to put your products on their shelves?   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews. One in-person on campus and one over the phone. The in-person one was behavioral while the second phone interview tailored more towards the job. Overall it was a great interview experience and they got back to me about an offer one week later.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university. The process was 3 steps: resume submission, on-campus interview, and on-site interview. The on-campus interview was personality/resume based with one very broad business thinking type question. The on-site consisted of Q&A with current associates and 4-45 minute interviews. Of these 4, two were purely resume/behavioral, one also included market-sizing and critical thinking questions, and the other was purely a case question. The case question consisted of 20 minutes to examine available data on a table and ask questions and then 10-15 to summarize the situation and recommend next steps. All behavioral questions were fairly typical.

Turnaround was very quick: only a few days between application due date and first interview, then a week before second interview, then another 9 days before the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many new spoons are sold annually in the United States (only metal, no plastic)?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.