Norfolk County Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2

Sort:

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It took 2 months from the closing date to the interviews, but eventually there was a choice of two days on which to attend. The two staff doing the interviewing were very friendly. The interview briefing said there would be a selection of stock on display and I would have to select one to sell to the interviewers as if they were customers. I thought this would be a role play exercise, but it was an ice breaker, they said. After the interview, it took another week before I was told the outcome, but no offer of feedback was given.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Began with a 30 minute task to assess time management and prioritising skills. There were two tasks, one involved planning a fundraising pitch to a private donating company and the other involved designing a membership leaflet. Afterward there was a 45 minute interview in which they asked me to relay what I had researched and then asked questions and took notes on my answers. There were two interviewers who were very kind and I just had to block out the note taking. The questions were typical interview ones and ones pertaining to the company in particular.

Interview Questions

• considering the job specifications, where do you anticipate an initial struggle?   Answer Question

Head of Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Completed a short written task which was easy, then an informal ish meeting with 2 members of the team, then presented my written task to two people who questioned me about me and then also interviewed formally. No tech allowed in presentation. Took about 4 hours in total but a lot of waiting around.

Interview Questions

• More interesting was what they didn't ask. Didn't ask why do you want the job, what key strengths will you bring to the job, are you still a firm candidate for the job, when could you start..... Asked about knowledge of AEB, e experience of performance management.   1 Answer

Business Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A set interview process where you have to give examples of what work you have done. It's about illustrating your suitability for the job advertised. You score points for each question you answer. There normally is a test at the end to show your ability with the software they use. ***BEWARE: Most jobs are already spoken for due to reployment of staff even if you are lucky to receive an interview ! """ ( There is a HIGH possibly you may not get the job) Sad to say this stops new talent - which this organisation could desperately do with. I wish the situation was different . Their online application form process is awful it takes a lot of patience about 6 or more hours to put all the relevant information on, this is what staff say within the council and I have had recent experience of it! ( 2017)

Interview Questions

• They ask about your work experience, problem solving, what you can do, how you cope with difficult customers, What do you to do the job? etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation salary offered is always lower end sorry to say.

Assistant Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I have had interviews for two of these posts. Both times the roles went to internal candidates. The second occasion the interviewer said that the successful candidate was already in the post. I assume they had been 'acting up' and the council's policies is that a full external ad has to be placed etc etc. I was not happy given that I had been asked questions about what I would do in certain job situations. Only a candidate already in the job could answer this effectively. Bottom line, I was making up the numbers.

Interview Questions

• More interesting was what they didn't ask. Bear in mind they have to ask all interviewees the same. They did not ask why I had left a far higher earning job without another job to go to. If I was interviewing someone I would definitely want to explore this if they were in the running for the job as its a bit of a red flag. However, it all made sense when I was told the job had gone to someone who was already temporarily in post! They never needed that question answered...........   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.