Norfolk County Council Interview Questions

Updated 9 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norfolk County Council

Norfolk County Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council

Interview

After successful application, invited to a two part process. First part: A normal interview in front of a small panel. Second part: a problem question which set out a fact pattern on property and contract points. The test focused on legal and practical steps to take to help the client.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our organisation?
    Answer Question

Norfolk County Council

Application

I interviewed at Norfolk County Council

Interview

Really enjoyable experience, lovely managers, really explained the processes and opportunities which were linked to the role and were overall very positive. I would recommend highly and praise also, it was a good experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

Called me in for an interview, got the job later on that day. I asked a few question before taking the job so I knew it was right for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

I have had interviews for two of these posts. Both times the roles went to internal candidates. The second occasion the interviewer said that the successful candidate was already in the post. I assume they had been 'acting up' and the council's policies is that a full external ad has to be placed etc etc. I was not happy given that I had been asked questions about what I would do in certain job situations. Only a candidate already in the job could answer this effectively. Bottom line, I was making up the numbers.

Interview Questions
  • More interesting was what they didn't ask. Bear in mind they have to ask all interviewees the same. They did not ask why I had left a far higher earning job without another job to go to. If I was interviewing someone I would definitely want to explore this if they were in the running for the job as its a bit of a red flag. However, it all made sense when I was told the job had gone to someone who was already temporarily in post! They never needed that question answered...........
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Apr 2018

Interview

Completed a short written task which was easy, then an informal ish meeting with 2 members of the team, then presented my written task to two people who questioned me about me and then also interviewed formally. No tech allowed in presentation. Took about 4 hours in total but a lot of waiting around.

Interview Questions
  • More interesting was what they didn't ask. Didn't ask why do you want the job, what key strengths will you bring to the job, are you still a firm candidate for the job, when could you start..... Asked about knowledge of AEB, e experience of performance management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

Began with a 30 minute task to assess time management and prioritising skills. There were two tasks, one involved planning a fundraising pitch to a private donating company and the other involved designing a membership leaflet. Afterward there was a 45 minute interview in which they asked me to relay what I had researched and then asked questions and took notes on my answers. There were two interviewers who were very kind and I just had to block out the note taking. The questions were typical interview ones and ones pertaining to the company in particular.

Interview Questions
  • considering the job specifications, where do you anticipate an initial struggle?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

It took 2 months from the closing date to the interviews, but eventually there was a choice of two days on which to attend. The two staff doing the interviewing were very friendly. The interview briefing said there would be a selection of stock on display and I would have to select one to sell to the interviewers as if they were customers. I thought this would be a role play exercise, but it was an ice breaker, they said. After the interview, it took another week before I was told the outcome, but no offer of feedback was given.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in Feb 2017

Interview

A set interview process where you have to give examples of what work you have done. It's about illustrating your suitability for the job advertised. You score points for each question you answer. There normally is a test at the end to show your ability with the software they use. ***BEWARE: Most jobs are already spoken for due to reployment of staff even if you are lucky to receive an interview ! """ ( There is a HIGH possibly you may not get the job) Sad to say this stops new talent - which this organisation could desperately do with. I wish the situation was different . Their online application form process is awful it takes a lot of patience about 6 or more hours to put all the relevant information on, this is what staff say within the council and I have had recent experience of it! ( 2017)

Interview Questions
  • They ask about your work experience, problem solving, what you can do, how you cope with difficult customers, What do you to do the job? etc
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk County Council (Norwich, England, England) in May 2015

Interview

Mixture of teaching task, formal interview with Head and Govs and informal interview with panel of children. A tour of the school and a chance to ask questions, make observations about what I saw.

Interview Questions
  • Proudest achievement in career so far
RSS Feed</>Embed