Northwestern Mutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Northwestern Mutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr 2017

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Canton, OH (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that led to a second interview in person. Second interview was with manager who broke down the post grad and full time programs. He answered 10 questions that I prepared and then before scheduling a next interview he gave me a rhino project and market surveys to complete that are pretty much to get some names from your network.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process begins by meeting a Northwestern Mutual recruiter (or applying directly). If the recruiter believes you have the knowledge, skills and drive to sell financial services they will ask for an initial interview. Before your first interview, you will be asked to take a brief (easy) personality questionnaire (online). At your initial interview they will ask basic questions about your "entrepreneurial spirit," why you chose finance as a career, and where do you see yourself in 3, 5, 10 years. The first interview is with a recruiter and very easy. The second interview is with a senior representative, in my case it was with the Managing Partner. The NM leadership will ask you questions on a very broad range of topics; they're trying to see what you can bring to the office. Keep in mind, this is a sales position so the office wants to know how you can produce and how fast. NM promises sales training but it's not a salaried training position that is months/years long (e.g., Merrill Lynch PMD). Your third and final interview is talking about your business plan, a Q&A session, a tour of the company, and finally a future meeting to discuss acceptance/rejection. At all times I felt like I was be courted, really sought after by this company, not the other way around. I interviewed mostly out of curiosity, I wanted to know more about the position and because I feel NM is a very professional and well lead company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      How many people do you know?
      What's you reason for selecting this company?
      How well can you work independently?
      Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called within a few days. I went in for the first interview with a woman who was very nice and seemed like the job was going to be great. I was called for the second interview the next day and made an appointment one week later. I went in for the second interview and truthfully just felt like they were using me. They wanted me to use my family/friends as "grass roots" to help start up my financial services which I completely understood, just the fact he told me that I need to give them over 40 different potential leads by the next interview (Yes, 40. Someone commented 10 which would have been realistic). I declined the third interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Troy, MI office. I was contacted within 24 hours of submitting my application for a phone screen. I felt like the phone screen was merely a formality; I could have said anything and they would have offered me an on-site interview.

The recruiter didn't seem very qualified. I had to contact her later in the week for the follow up email for information regarding my on-site interview. When she sent it, the date was wrong. I'm not complaining, but I never received the personality survey they asked me to take.

When I arrived at their office, they gave me what I assume was their personality survey that I was asked to take online (but was never given). The questions were very polarizing. e.g. Answer one of the following: (A) "People are the product of their own decisions. They can surmount any problem life faces if they only work hard enough." (B) "People are a product of their circumstances. Many difficulties cannot be overcome no matter how hard you work."

When I went into my interview, the recruiter was very impersonal. The first 20 minutes (yes, 20) were spent talking about my friends, family, and network. The idea being that I would go to them when making my first sales. Make no mistake, this is a sales role, so the goal of the questions are to determine if you had the means to sell their services.

The recruiter's personality was especially off-putting. At the end of the interview, they asked me four consecutive times for my friends' contact information to contact about their internship program and their services.

Overall, I was very uncomfortable throughout the whole interview. I was extended an offer for a second on-site interview, but declined.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Opelika, AL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with a college recruiter at a career fair and she called me shortly after. We met as an initial interview and she explained the company and the internship process. After that, we went through my resume step by step and we talked about each section of my resume.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lakewood, CO (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was a good interview process where you just sit down and have a conversation about your interests and desires and what you want to be doing in the future. Conversation had plenty of opportunity to find out more information and get an overall feel for the company. The interview is centered around finding out comfort level with sales and full commission and what your referral ability and lead generation abilities are.

Interview Questions

• How involved I am on social media and networking with friends and family.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting director directly through my online resume on various career building sites. The process was extremely easy and the communication was great throughout the entire process. First you will take a series of personality assessments and questionnaires that only take about 45 minutes to compete. Upon completion I was able to schedule an initial interview very quickly within a couple of days. The recruiting director was very informational and helpful towards my interest in the industry and have great insight on what the job and interview process would entail if I decided to proceed forward.

Interview Questions

• basic initial interview questions regarding personal interests, future goals, and inspirational tactics   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Initial interview, online personality profile, and an in-depth interview are just a few of the many steps involved in the hiring process. I was given an appointment for an "initial interview" by a recruiter at a job fair. She essentially made her pitch to sell me on the job and the company. She asked me some questions about myself, basically to gauge if I was good fit for the job, and if I should continue to the next step in the process. To get the next step you have to fill out 2 online surveys, which they send you the link to complete from home. One is a personality profile and one is a culture index. Then you get scheduled for an "in-depth" interview with the branch manager. I was sent the links and given an appointment for my in-depth interview, but decided no base salary was a deal breaker so I cancelled the next interview. She made a good pitch, the company and their products sound wonderful, but I just couldn't swallow not have a secure income since I have a family to think about.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a large network of family and friends living in (insert your city here)? Would you feel comfortable asking them to purchase our products and also ask them for 2 or 3 referrals? If you could change one thing about your current job, what would it be?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very relaxed. They are looking for socially excellent, outgoing people with strong work ethics. They schedule you for sit downs with multiple people in the firm so that you can get a good feel for the work environment and job responsibilities. Following in face interviews they ask you take several personality and skills tests.

Interview Questions

• There were really no though questions and it wasn't your typical interview style. It felt more like your average day to day conversation.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Long Island City, NY (US)).

Interview

To many interviews, a lot of paper to tell you who they are and what they do, each interview gives you a closer look at how the succesful candidate has been able to be successful, basically reiterating the importance of having an established potential client base. so if you are not popular, don't have a bunch of friends and family, didn't grow up in or haven't lived in your community for many years, or simply if you're known around town as the one succesful person from a family of trailer trash, there is no need in taking the job because you can't help them grow.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.