Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2016

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Three Step Process with a phone interview, on-site meeting and third on-site meeting. Did not ask any necessarily unexpected questions pertaining to my experience... examples include: where you see yourself in the future, what interested you in applying to the position, what do I feel least confident about in my ability to do the job, etc. Although, a lot of uncomfortable questions were asked including what my parents do for a living, what my siblings do, what my boyfriend does, who I live with, how long I have lived with my boyfriend, how I met my boyfriend, is my boyfriend a happy person, do they like their jobs, etc. Essentially questions that were not relevant in whether I could do the job or not. When I asked why I was being asked such questions, they said they wanted to know if I could talk about uncomfortable things, which made zero sense to me, this is suppose to be a professional interview. Honestly a disappointing experience. I've never been asked so many questions that did not pertain to my skills of whether I could do the job or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Had to take an assessment and asked leadership questions. I was very nervous as it was one of my first interviews. I also received an office tour and met some people in key positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with another co-worker. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call out of the blue saying they came across my resume and liked my background. I came in for an interview which was standard and easy. Lasted about 45 min. I asked on two separate occasions what the salary was and they would not give me an answer. Not even a ballpark range. Sounded very sketchy and I got a bad feeling from it. Anyways, they called a week later saying "they decided to go in a different direction." AKA they were looking for a desperate new college grad that they could give a low ball offer to and not have them ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you have overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

A woman came to meet me on campus of my university and gave me a very casual interview and described the roll or a recruiting intern. She asked me very simple questions, like what challenges have you faced? Do you like to work in teams? It was very casual and at a coffee shop on campus. She told me to take a personality quiz after, which I did. She said she would get back to me in a few days, almost two weeks later I emailed her, and she said she would give me a call the next day. The next day at 6 she called me to offer me the position. Very easy process.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was contacted by this company with them stating that the college I went to, the interviewer was nice and knowledgeable, but it was for a new position and they didn't really know what I would be doing. Kind of a turn off.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I sent in my resume and followed up to set an initial meeting with the head recruiter. There was a total of 2 interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the director of operations) and an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They went a little too in-depth when asking questions about my personal life.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The team did an excellent job getting to know me on a personal level. The interview was not at all transactional, they really illustrated a high level of customer service and genuinity. I really enjoyed the culture of the team, which in turn, gave me further reason to continue the interview process. They are not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, if the position seems like a good fit for both parties, they will move forward accordingly

Interview Questions

• Questions about my family. It was nothing intrusive, but they seemed like they wanted to get to know more about me anbd my family. It helped put down my barriers, and open up to them. It was difficult, but i appreciated it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews each lasting 30-40 minutes. The questions were pretty straight forward about my skills, previous experience, how I handled certain business situations. Everything was going really well until the last interview. The interviewer asked me highly inappropriate questions and it made me realize I did not want to work for this organization.

Interview Questions

• 1. How old are you?
      2. Are you married?
      3. Do you want to have kids?
      4. Do you plan to work full-time after having kids?
      Answer Question

I had a bad gut feeling after being asked personal questions that have nothing to do with my skills or performance.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very laid back environment when they interview. People have to make sure they follow up because they won't call you unless you do first. The process took more than five interviews for them to make a decision. They make you come to the location way too many times for things that could have been discussed on the phone after the first 1 on 1

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Aventura, FL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and funny, the director of the office was very serious and tough. The recruiter asked me different questions about me and what I did at my previous internship. The director wanted to make sure I was serious about getting this internship and why i wanted to work with them. I thought I did horrible at the interview with him, but I actually got the position.

Interview Questions

• The usual, what are your hobbies, why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.