Novartis Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Novartis Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Novartis

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Many interviews with all stakeholders (depending on department and level). They make decisions fairly quickly. Everyone I ever interviewed with (5 jobs over an 18 year period) were prepared and on time. It is helpful to know the therapeutic areas, products and pipeline. The website is robust and has a lot of information. The website is also accurate as far as culture and principles of the company.

Interview Questions

• They rely on behavioral based interview questions (who doesn't these days?). I always did my homework, so I did not find any questions unexpected, surprising or particularly difficult. THey pride themselves on hiring the best and the brightest, and truly try to retain talent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. More like "this is the offer". However, I was an internal candidate for most of the jobs I had here, and internal equity ruled. Fair enough.

Other Interview Reviews for Novartis

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis in January 2007.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with hiring manager, then a face to face interview with 6 people. I was asked about previous experiences, some behavioural type questions, the chatted with hiring manager and her boss. I also had a meeting with HR where I was also asked about items on my CV, salary requirements, prior experience and some behavioural type questions.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Meet with HR first - they will assess compatibility/fit with position. Then meet with hiring manager - assess competency, chemistry and compatibility. Then full day interview with seminar and several 1:1 meetings with levels above, at and below peer level.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the hottest thing in the field right now?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Applied via NPC web portal and got a call from the hiring manager directly about two weeks later. Had a 30 min phone screen with him and he wanted to bring me in. Live interviews took about 3 weeks to schedule. The interview team consisted of hiring manager, HR, and 3 peer colleagues within group. Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks until I emailed hiring manager (HR was useless). Hiring manager did call back and gave me the feedback on their decision (something HR should have done) . Hiring manager was great in the entire process. Can't say the same for HR.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Long drawn process with multiple interviews and panels. Unclear on hiring decision timing. Interesting to see the dynamics between interviewers. Lack of communication and not level setting expectations from the interview process was evident based on the questions that were asked during the interviews.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Scheduled face-to-face to review skills and behavior; STAR format used; travel and appointment arranged by recruitment agent; group panel discussion lasting approximately 1 hour; one week after interview for decision.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Human Resources was wonderful, they sent maps, interview schedule and FAQ's about the company in advance aw well as directions, map of facility. The receptionist had all information on file to get through security. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Gym, pharmacy and company store on site as well as several restaurants.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Process overall was extremely quick, if not a bit unorganized, and ended rudely. Individuals seemed to struggle with subject-matter to be covered during interviews. Initial HR interview was approximately 10 minutes long and seemed to be irrelevant to the position. Second interview with department head went extremely well and we spoke for nearly double of the allotted time period, at the end of which, I was asked for availability for an in-person interview. Two days later received an email from the original recruiter stating "We will not be moving forward with the role as we have stronger candidates in play. Feel free to apply to others." It is understandable if someone is not a right fit for a position however, I do not understand how it goes from requesting availability to bye with no interaction in-between. Seems very unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you challenged an authority figure.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis in June 2008.

Interview

Referred by friend, received call from hiring manager, called in to meet and hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very difficult. Gave in on salary for increase in vacation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.