Ocado Technology Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 148 of over 148 interviews

Recruitment Agency15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado Technology in Jul 2021

Interview

Pretty smooth and efficient. Right from the first call to the final interview felt informal in a good way as they want you to be relaxed. TA team asked tough but fair questions and definitely know their stuff.

Interview Questions
  • How I dealt with difficult feedback
    Answer Question

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

Racist, prejudice, incompetent and inexperience in hiring process management. Felt like questioned by early XX century well known secret police. Completely lack of communication and understanding what was said. Ridiculously unintelligent questions asked irrelevant to hiring position.

Interview Questions
  • Most importand question directed to me which stuck in my head was: "Can you go back?"

Ocado Technology

Application

I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

Coding interview - this was done by a technical interviewing company called Karat Interviewers were nice but the environment makes it a bit stressful. Your interview is also video recorded which is a bit off putting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ocado Technology in Jun 2021

Interview

All interviews were held over google hangout because of lockdown proceedings and at every stage I was first asked to fill out my availability for the next few weeks so they could book the interviews in those slots, a small touch but greatly appreciated. All interviewers were friendly and arrived on time, no complaints. First stage consisted of a 1 hour talk with the team lead, getting to understand my experience and general knowledge of Java and the company. He also took the time to describe the role in a good level of detail to make sure I knew what I was applying for. Following that I was invited to an assessment centre which was 3 Interviews over the course of a couple days. First was a 2 hour coding interview, we spent the first hour writing java, had a small break, and then discussed more difficult concepts about how the solution could be improved. No coding was done at this part in the interest of time. This interview was a lot of fun and felt more like working together to solve a problem than being grilled on my knowledge. Secondly, a 1 hour technical interview focusing on a bunch of different topics that would be necessary to understand for the role. This was a more intense interview than the previous two. Basically an hour long grilling to make sure you knew your stuff. Finally, a 1 hour behavioural interview, we discussed previous projects and how I work in teams. This was the most laid back of all the interviews and a lot of time was given for me to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to learn a new skill and apply it to a project, how did you accomplish that?

Ocado Technology

Application

I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

The interview consisted of the following stages: Code live - simple coding task, Pair programming - complete a given solution for a problem, Technical interview - hardest part, domain-specific questions, Cultural fit - behavioural assessment through STAR questions

Interview Questions
  • What is a difference between Python and C/C++, in terms of memory management?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ocado Technology (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

I was put for a role through HR. First stage of interview is CV walkthrough, second is why Ocado Technology, and then an SQL test. SQL test has 2 questions only. You type it in a text editor like notepad so no way of checking against database. First question not hard, second quite difficult, if you have not done it before you will hardly figure it out in 3 minutes in a text editor without google. Anyways, a terrible way of evaluating candidates. Their Team Lead is behaving like a know it all, yeah of course you ll know what would throw an error since you ve been there for 6 years and have done this interview multiple times. I am sure if I gave her a random tough question in text editor with no google she would have struggled. Happy I did not get their offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

Presentation, followed by interview, then group exercise and then a coding interview. Presentation task was given a few days before. Coding interview was slightly difficult. Overall, dry well put together by the organiser.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

Haphazard is the word I'll use.. Initial phone round lasted 20mins, it was about what I do and what the role is about. The second round was a 15 min power point - I thought questions would follow afterwards but I was continuously interrupted with questions. No problem with that, it just disrupts the flow of the slides! This lasted for an hour and 10 mins. Most questions answered. The 3rd round was with HR who were two of the loveliest people I've met and they make you feel at ease- this round involved competency questions and ways of working. About 8 weeks later, I was asked to attend a fourth interview, this one in a different team because I had also applied for a different role at the same company. I got a feeling the first 3 round didn't go to plan so maybe they're trying to see if I fit in somewhere else. This fourth round was a disaster - the lead 'manager' was least bothered, terrible body language and took 5 mins to explain why I should be working in their team and not the role I had applied for originally (the one for which I had 3 rounds). The other hiring manager kept mentioning how he has worked at my current company before and knows how things work - sorry, what ??!! The interview email said this would be an initial discussion with 'X' but turned out there were 3 people on the call. 2 weeks later, I was told my skills are not right for the position - pity that it took them 4 round to find out! There seems to be some kind of a disconnect between the recruitment teams and the hiring managers. I always got mixed messages from both these departments. The least that I was expecting after 4 round was some feedback on what went right and what went wrong.

Interview Questions
  • 20min initial phone interview, a 20 min powerpoint presentation and questions in the 2nd round, a 3rd round around ways of working/competency

Ocado Technology

Application

I interviewed at Ocado Technology

Interview

First was a call with a technical recruiter. Next was Tech Call exercise with a third party (Karat technology) which consisted of a handful of technical questions and some programming exercises. Person who conducted the Tech Call was nice and polite, so was the recruiter.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Ocado Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ocado Technology in Feb 2021

Interview

Had an initial coding test to do on Codility. This was followed by interview with the manager where I had to do a live programming in front of him. Finally had a cultural fit interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Interviews