Ola Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ola Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ola

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru).

Interview

Exploratory call followed by in-person interview.Almost 4 rounds of interview. All were around project management questions. Mostly around the execution of project and planning. Team members interview hence a great opportunity to know the team as well.

Logistical: Had to spend 4K as part of the transportation cab-travel cost which didn't get reimbursed though I was an outstation candidate. Least of my bothering but worth mentioning I felt was - that the office wasn't hygienic & was in plans to be moved to new place.

Interview/team interaction: To comprehend what ola is up to took a while for the head of PM & most of the PMs. My goal wasn't to crack an interview instead wanted work with a great team. I felt management recruits in India-startups currently might not be great skilled & not excite you as a forcing factor to join the company. As Project Manager just runs the timelines here & product management role gets the meat of defining the product, neither was role exciting personally for me.

The opportunity such place offers in terms of learning how to execute is immense by working on multiple features all across, a great pay & directly impacting/working with an average Indian customers by working with nerd/geeks.

These are my personal opinions & it's a +ve-trend to be in startups so give it a try & all the best!

Interview Questions

• How will you plan for an online grocery system? Mostly around how the project will be executed.   1 Answer
  • Detail planning of how to deliver a feature to improve the performance of an amazon.com by 50%   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ola

Anonymous Employee in Indore

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ola (Indore) in January 2015.

Interview

I specifically liked that they did not use a Group Discussion round because I feel it is just the noisy and impulsive who win. The interviewers were very friendly, they asked me about what mistakes I have observed by their cabs and after I pointed out a few, asked me for my suggested solutions. It was a thought-process stimulating session and it helped that they were not much older than I was and we could relate on most current situations and opinions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in January 2017.

Interview

5 Rounds of Interview: All Face-to-Face. The interview as normal with the panel exploring all the work stated in the Resume. While some questions were based on the previous work done, the others were aimed to understand the candidate-job fit. Each interview was around 1 hour long and very focused.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you plan and manage the migration of API version 1 to API version 2?
      Q: Walk me though a end-to-end feature that you have delivered: Planning, Execution etc.
      Q: Everyone asked: "What do you want to do in your career? How does the Program Manager job fit your and Ola's objectives?"
      Q: Considering you have to launch Ola Outstation Cab services and you are the one responsible for it, how would you go about it?
      Q: Consider that a new Coupon offering has been added in the "Offers and Free Rides". The user Taps on the "Offers and Free Rides" in Ola App to add a coupon he has received but sees a blank screen. What could have gone wrong?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ola in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process happened within three days but the offer finalisation is taking weeks. There were three rounds in all, mostly focusing on work experience and a little bit of business case solving abilities. The last round was simply an HR round to clarify role related doubts. After that the recruiting HR called to discuss my expectations regarding compensation. It's been more than two weeks and she hasn't responded since then.
    Writing this review in the hope that the HR will give some response, just maybe.

Interview Questions

• About work experience and a few business cases on customer segmentation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in July 2017.

Interview

Good interview Process. Got to meet all the leadership in HR and TA.Good Process Good Understanding of the role. Good Growth Opportunities. Very Fast Paced environment. Dynamic Environment. Change is constant

Interview Questions

• What was that one thing you were asked about
      Why did you join here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in July 2018.

Interview

Overall very candid process.
    But interview questions were complex in nature.
    Lengthy Hiring process.
    Telephonic rounds were not scheduled before.
    The HR round was not adequately organized.
    Joining formalities are also disorganized in nature.
    Overall experience is fair.
    But the process needs improvement.

Interview Questions

• What project I wish to take up with the Law Enforcement Agencies for relationship development with the organization.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Normal process. Two persons interviewed. It was easy. Not much structures. They have high attrition rate so they wanted to fill up as soon as possible. The interview went on for an hour or so. The closure happened the next day itself.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in previous role and all details of the role.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.