One97 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

One97 Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at One97 Communications

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Written 1 : Technical and Aptitude.
    Written 2: Written Coding

Written 1 was Normal Written exam based on fundamentals of Aptitude and Computer Science.

Written 2:

a++;
         *a=2;
         printf("%d",i);
    Q2 :

Imagine you have a special keyboard with the following keys:
            A
            Ctrl+A
            Ctrl+C
            Ctrl+V
    where CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V each acts as one function key for “Select All”, “Copy”, and “Paste” operations respectively.
    If you can only press the keyboard for N times (with the above four keys), please write a program to produce maximum numbers of A. If possible, please also print out the sequence of keys.
    That is to say, the input parameter is N (No. of keys that you can press), the output is M (No. of As that you can produce).

Q3 : Consider a Binary Tree not necessarily BST,Remove all nodes which don’t lie in any path with sum>= k.

Q4: Given an array arrange it in the form a<b>c<d>e<f>g……….

Q5 : Given an array of numbers arrange it in the form of a single number such that the concluded number is
    the maximum.
    e.g. given : 99,8,76,45,66,9,7,33,5,42
    O/P : 99987766654233

Sectional Cut-off for O/P and Coding Questions.
    Marking was done against correct approach not the exact answers.

Round 1 (Technical):
    Q1: How will you store 800 Million records in database.
    Q2: Data storage of double and float differs in C/C++ and Java How is it ???
    Q2: Transfer data between a program written in Java and C#.
    Q3: I need to establish a network in which I will be sure of security ,How will you proceed
    Q4: A and B are two sets Write a non nested query so that I can get the data in B but not in A.
    Q5: 000…………..? 11111111111111111111…………….? Write a Program which find the index of the
    start of series 11111111…..?.

Round 2 (Technical):
    Q1: Give your introduction along with your technical skills.
    Q2: Explain your project “Stock Prediction”
    Q3: I want to retrieve records from a table from date 1 – 15.I don’t want to use range Queries
    Suggest the optimal solutions…
    I suggest Indexing on date column.
    He insisted on alternate ways.
    “he said what you think you can do……”
    Q4: What is Unique and NULL Constraint ?
    Difference between Primary Key and Unique.
    How many maximum records in Unique can be NULL.
    Q5: Write Most optimized algorithm for finding a Word in sentence.
    (I used Trie approach , he scolded me for not asking the sentence is sorted or not.. the used Binary search.)
    Q6: Difference between thread and process.
    What is PCB ?
    What is synchronization ??
    What is Semaphore ?
    Explain and solve Producer Consumer Problem using Semaphore ? What is Drawback here
    What is monitor ? Solve Producer Consumer Problem using Monitor and explain pros and cons.

Final 8 candidates from Delhi region selected.

Round 3(Final Round Managerial and Technical):
    Q1 : What you want to do in your Life ?? Discussion life as a placement coordinator ?
    What you did ? your duties ? differences you made …
    Q2 : Doing Post Market Analysis of a Stock Market of Previous Month .
    Write a Program of Stock Buy Sell to Maximize Profit.
    Q3 : Explain Cursor ? its types ? differences between them ? What to use When ?
    Q4 : Explain Matrix ? Matrix Multiplication? Difference ways of Matrix Multiplication ?Explain Both.
    Q5 : What are you doing right now ??? will you join us ?? Why ??

Students from 30 Colleges of India are evaluated and Top 25 are offered the JOB.

I was not one of them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between thread and process.
      What is PCB ?
      What is synchronization ??
      What is Semaphore ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Kolkata) in June 2014.

Interview

i had first telephonic interview with Team Leader then face-2-face interview with RO Head.

after that i received HR call and discussed about job profile and career path and salary and benefits

Interview Questions

• Basic of telecom, mysql, linux and about communication skill.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Noida) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial round consist of the and then we need to go for a written examination and there on we will check up with the 1manager for any difficulties and any questions and doubts and final screening and qualification and bagrou d check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself-they will look for mother young influence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bhilai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Bhilai) in December 2016.

Interview

1st was technical round and 2nd was HR round.I was informed by the HR team that my telephonic interview is scheduled for two days.Technical round was easy and took half an hour.HR round was just for the background check and negotiating salary.

Interview Questions

• 1.OSI/ISO model
      2.Telecommunication process through telephone/mobile.
      3.What is OBD/IBD ?
      4.Questions related to resume: introduce yourself etc.
      5.Why do you want to join?
      5.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Noida) in June 2015.

Interview

Two Technical Interviews.
    1 HR round.
    In case of more people, they take group discussion and shortlist candidates from the same,
    Be fluent with your communication as well as technical skills.
    Make sure you are clear with sql and networking concepts and mobile communication concepts.
    Read about the company, one 97 is the parent company.
    please make sure you also know about eCommerce investments in paytm .
    Be confident and please come in formals for the interview.

Interview Questions

• linux based questions, networking basic concepts, osi layer of network, sql queries, mysql,   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Noida) in November 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds .
    1. apptitude round (General appti , Java programming questions , linux , sql )
    2. face to face (taken by one of the senior)
    3. face to face in group pannel by seniors

Interview Questions

• 1. What is database ?
      2. What are OOP's concept . with example .
      3. what is exception handling ,.
      4. they give me one question related to sql querries .
      5. Implementation of linked list .
      6. Differenece between GET/POST .
      7. He ask everything written in resume i.e, about project , protocols .
      8. knowledge of bid data .
      9. About my training on Ethical hacking . What is it ?? What are the tools you learn ?? How they work .
      10. Tell me about Yourself .
      11. Your Hobbies .
      12. What is multi threading ??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Noida).

Interview

Telephonic technical interview.
    Got assignment.
    Face To Face technical interview.
    Got selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Search what you worth using online sites like PayScale or Glassdoor "Salaries" tab for given company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications in April 2015.

Interview

I registered through talent grids. First round was aptitude + technical MCQs. It was easy and I cracked it. Second round was screening by rockstand . I think it's 3rd party staffing agency. I was told due to some technical difficulties, my online screening was scheduled 3 hours later. In that screening wannabe geek offered me the job opportunity to some other company, and didn't ask me any questions. I was surprised, and amused, and I had a wry smile on my face. I said that I was shortlisted for Paytm screening. Then he told me that I should not tell that to anybody. No surprises, that I did not get invitation to F2F interviews.
    Whatever this rockstand thing is, it's very unprofessional. Good luck hiring fresher talent with such approach.

Interview Questions

• You are given a Python project, how will you convert it in working java project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Allahabad) in August 2014.

Interview

the selection process was well planned
    it consisted of 3 rounds
    1)written -> both mcqs and basic programming questions
    2)2 f-2-f technical interviews-> difficulty was average
    3)HR -> final round
    after HR i was offered a full time role as a software engineer at paytm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One97 Communications (Noida) in August 2015.

Interview

It does not take more than two hours and a single day. There were one written round, after that a technical round.. then again there was a technical round. and after that a HR round.Questions were all related to the field, But you should be proficient what you have done. either you have done something if you describe or you have not if you are not understandable.

The drawback i found was obviously the management as company should give a feedback or reply to the interviewee about his selection. A good level company always do that.

Interview Questions

• working on Linux system with all commands on it was kind of mandatory for them for a technical person.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.