Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

3.4

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview by hr and she suggested me to review DB and java , linux before real interview .
    the on-site interview started from a paper test then a 3 round of one - on - one test.
    the interview had some basic questions regarding of data structure and algorithm

Interview Questions

• create a binary search tree using java   1 Answer
    • pre-order traverse the tree   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical screening was pretty intense (online via InterviewZen). Lasted 45 minutes comprising hands-on programming, and an additional offline assignment that was to be submitted within 48 hours. In-person interviews lasted 5 hours with 5 people. Team was very friendly and cordial through the entire process.

Offline assignment involved writing a Java implementation for a small IMAP RFC (including comments describing what data structures were being used and why). In person interviews were much easier, very general questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Was given detailed requirements to write 4 java programs on InterviewZen. An additional assignment was given to be finished offline and sent back within 48 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate; would strongly advise otherwise. Please negotiate before joining. Little chance of getting a raise for a few years after joining.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I first spoke to the recruiter who asked basic questions about my current job. Then a phone interview was scheduled, in which I was given 4 programming questions to solve in 45 minutes. interviewzen was used to compile and run the code I wrote.
    At the end of the phone interview I was given a homework assignment to finish and submit within 2 days. I submitted it within a day. After evaluating my submission, I was called for in-person interviews. These were mostly conversation-style interviews with each member of the team. Only one person asked technical design-related questions. Others chatted about what I had done in my earlier jobs and what they currently do in theirs.
    I was told that they would like to make a offer 2 days after the in-person interview. But after that it took 2 months for the hiring process to complete and for the formal offer to come through.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, identify the vowels and reverse the vowels in their position. For eg.
      Input: education
      Output: odicatuen   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Very generic high level concepts and past experience
    Around 2 hrs with two people and had a call several month later for second round
    Visa processing and offer came after 5 months

Interview Questions

• Generic web application hosting and Linux environment
      Question about which layer to store business logic
      Why Oracle?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of interview onsite.
    Whole day interview, 10 to 3 PM, 1 hour lunch break
    Meet and greet with manager
    4 rounds of Technical rounds
    Core java, Algorithms, data structure, puzzles, analytical questions, questions from Resume,

Interview Questions

• How did you spend whole day in current company? How much do u code in a day? What is your role and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Reverse linked list, Caching, JDMB Connection etc   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

5 to 6 rounds of interviews, with basic database and BI questions.
    And generic project management questions
    Questions of previous roles and responsibilities, projects worked.. and situations handled.
    Database design questions to check the data modelling capabilities.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

Interview

I was recruited through college hiring process. There were four rounds of interview. Three technical and one HR round.The interview round were of good level and good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The difficult question was to print words in numerical figures, which was a good question for a college hire. This question took a lot of time on discussion and good corner cases were provided   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Noida).

Interview

I was contacted by HR of Oracle directly. Had 5 rounds of interview. 1st was telephonic, 2nd F2F with manager, 3rd written, 4th another F2F interview and last was a final call with the director. Position was for testing so even the questions were related to that. About my previous experience and questions related to testing, java,selenium and Linux.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was impossible to negotiate with the team. The HR did not budge even a bit on what they were offering.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru) in December 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of F2F technical interview; 1 discussion round with hiring manager; followed by background verification and offer letter was issued; overall little difficult interview and a very lazy process to issue offer letter.

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between hour hand and minute hand when the time is 3:15?   Answer Question

Negotiation

issuing an offer takes a real long time; if u have patience to wait for 2-3 months try for opportunities.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.