PETA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PETA Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2018

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PETA in April 2012.

Interview

It was a joke of a process-if you know a little about animal rights you'll do great. I had two preliminary phone interviews, and then it took about a week to check-in with my references. Once they talked to references, I submitted a couple writing samples and was shortly thereafter offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A-no negotiation process.

Special Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Typically you "try out" by visiting the office for at least two days and working within the department (a pain if you're trying to interview discretely, and a big time commitment) but they were so in need of people that after a 30-minute phone interview, a writing sample test, and an in-person interview with two people, I walked right on.

Interview Questions

• People don't feel like they can keep up with the amount of work we give. They say it's moving too fast. Will that be a problem for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you a salary and tell you they can't go higher. I didn't argue because I needed a job immediately, even though the pay was low. You can probably negotiate, but I never felt I was in the best position to.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Very easygoing and not much pressure. The people are great, and the work is pretty steady flowing.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Recieved a screening call from placement agency. Position seemed positive. 1-1 interviews with managers from different groups. Some were very warm and some gave me a very unconfortable feeling. I did not get a warm feeling from director. Seemed to be a bit sarcastic.

Vegan culture only. Impression people could be really mean if you didn't choose a vegan lifestyle outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a project that failed?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PETA (Aurora, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to send in some writing samples. I wrote a story of a time with an animal that meant a lot to me, I wrote a blog post, a letter to the editor, and I wrote my thoughts on the PETAsaves website. After this was reviewed I participated in a Skype interview. I waited a few weeks and was sent an email that I was accepted for the intern program.

Interview Questions

• What animal rights issue are you most passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Are you vegetarian or vegan? How did you become vegetarian/vegan?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

It consisted of a couple questions over the phone. she asked me alot of questions it took approximatley 15 minutes. I Tried to be as thorough and truthful with the questions as possible but they were very difficult and I diddnt want to take a long time to answer them.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PETA (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 weeks after I applied, they followed up and explained the extensive interview process and if I'd like to move forward. I said yes and was asked to complete 3 projects. They were time consuming but one of them allowed for some creative thinking which I liked. After I sent those in, had a phone interview. The woman I spoke with was great but thought I might be overqualified for the job. Found out about 2 weeks later I didn't get it. She said I was overqualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PETA? Would you feel comfortable working for us?   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of July and about a week later was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview took place near the end of July. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was pretty intense. The interview was not with HR but another senior researcher. A lot of technical questions and discussions about my background. The next step after the phone interview was to do a mini project to see if you like the work and so PETA could assess your skills. However, I did not get past the phone interview so I was never asked to do the mini project. But it seems like it would of been a lot of work, especially for someone already working full time.

Interview Questions

• If you were on the radio and asked the question "Can animal research ever be replaced with alternative testing methods?' There were quite a few questions like that and also I was asked to provide specific examples to those questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PETA (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy application to really access applicants and I think it's effective in discouraging people who wouldn't be a good fit. I completed a few sample projects and had Skype call ahead of my in office, one-day, volunteer working interview. The working interview included a writing sample and more sample projects with my department.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about PETA and PETA's stance on various things, such as euthanasia and tactics.   Answer Question

Video Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PETA (Norfolk, VA (US)).

Interview

After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I received a phone call from the hiring manager that was an impromptu phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. I was invited in for an in person 1:1 interview with the manager of the video department, and then I was introduced to the department, where they asked many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer technical questions about anything script-to-screen and in between.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate up from the salary offer, but they stood their ground with a "take it or leave it" attitude. Don't expect them to budge.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.