PK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PK Interview Questions

Interviews at PK

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PK (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter (30 minutes), Teams video call with hiring manager (45 minutes), and then a 4.5 hour interview with hiring manager, director, 2 other designers. During that last interview, 2 hours of it was a design challenge portion where I worked on my own. The design challenge was too complex and the length of time they expect a candidate to commit was far too much. I get the design challenge part, but it could have been much simpler and still come to understand the design thinking, principles, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked about portfolio case study (walked them through one case study), nothing really specific besides just asking about rationale...pretty laid back.   Answer Question

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PK in August 2020.

Interview

Process took 7 weeks, with a total of 4 interviews- 2 phone and 2 video. At first the communication with the recruiter was great, then after my final interview I had to reach out over 10 days later to get an update, which was positive- they told me I was the #1 candidate and they were working on my offer.

Fast froward to today and I've been ghosted, 4 emails and 2 calls not returned. It's been over 3 weeks since last contact and 5 weeks since the final interview. It's hard not to feel disrespected at this point. I understand things change, positions get cancelled or another candidate is a better fit. Not communicating to a candidate after 7 weeks of interviewing? It's unacceptable. As a recruiter myself I've never done this to a candidate. I can only hope this was an odd occurrence not the norm for PK. I would not want to work with a company that treats candidates this way.

Senior Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PK in August 2020.

Interview

Interview was scheduled within couple of days .interviewer was over confident ,aggressive and has no respect with other person .it supposed to be an 30 hour discussion he dropped call within 10 min by saying he have meeting and i waited 20 mins again asked him then he joined back and conducted for 8min,if u dont have intrest and time dont take candidates.why waste our time .

Interview Questions

• how to make a class threadsafe
      @Bean
      @Componentscan
      what are transient and volatile variables
      diff btw spring boot and spring
      what are annotations worked in springboot   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PK (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

From my first interaction with Mia the recruiter, I was impressed. She was strategic, thoughtful and discerning. The interview consisted of a phone screening, three individual interviews with key stakeholders and then a group discussion to clarify my questions. This created an extremely valuable opportunity to get a sense of the interpersonal dynamics and how truly collaborative the organization is. Throughout the process, I learned more about the culture and how my experience and skills would align. The final interview was with a senior manager who provided a deliberate perspective of the needs and priorities and gave me the confidence that joining PK would be a great move for my career. It was a first-class experience, was thoughtfully paced and did what few organizations do consistently; delivered a people-first experience that embodied their brand promise.

Interview Questions

• How often did you interact directly with clients?
      Tell me about your experience building a team   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PK (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to schedule an interview. She had time available the next day so I took it. On the call she was unprepared, after she collected herself she asked if I had certain experience which was a qualifying factor for the job. The experience was listed on the job as a "Bonus Points For" but that was it. Interview over, not really any small talk other than she would keep an eye out. She asked I follow up with her in a week to see if they had decided to loosen that requirement.
    I sent a friendly email to follow up as requested and got an almost instant task assigned to me via email. With a button to mark when completed. The task was to log into my account and check status update. I thought cool, they might need more info. The status I was to check was "not selected".
    WOW what a standoffish and impersonal way of communication. If it is "all about people at PK Global" I would hate to see what would happen if it was all about.... anything other since common courtesy is lost there.
    I especially loved the button to click when I had completed my "task"
    It should have just said press here to pound sand

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for one of these companies,"insert list here"   1 Answer

17 Jun 2020 – VP of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback on your interview process. You point out some important steps that we would very much like to resolve. If you'd be willing, I'd love to connect with you directly to get a more detailed account of your interview experience. I can be reached at esmith@pkglobal.com. Thanks!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PK (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Lenati may interview you for a Senior Consultant position but have no sincere intent of actually giving you that position. Be warned.

After having spent nearly a month where I did 5 rounds of behavioral interviews, a mini-case, and a full business case, I was informed (to my shock) that they felt I was not qualified for the position I applied for and they would instead offer me a Consultant position.

I was actually a Senior Consultant at another Seattle area firm prior to interviewing with Lenati and when I requested specific clarification, the recruiter did not have any notes to articulate what their decision making was. Instead, he quickly pivoted to reassuring me that Lenati promotes every 6 months. I found this hard to believe - if they do not have notes informing their reasoning during an interview process, how can one expect them to keep notes to justify a 10-20% pay raise within 6 months of joining the firm? Even larger, more established consulting firms will share specific feedback with their applicants, yet Lenati does not seem willing to.

The recruiting team will not work with you on salary negotiation. At all.

Disappointingly, they do not seem to value your relevant prior experience. When I requested them to attempt to match what I was making in my prior job, I was told they'd get back to me.... only to email me that my offer was rescinded on the basis of compensation! Lenati underpays the equivalent consulting firms by ~$20k for all their roles.

The interview process is disorganized. Mine took place over the course of ~1 month. In my 5 behavioral interviews, I was effectively asked the same questions over and over again but with no different emphasis in terms of the functional areas Lenati specializes in. For three of my interviews, I was just speaking with recruiters who don't do the consulting work. So they were interviewing me at a level of depth more suited to an entry-level hire, than a MBA with several years of relevant working experience.

The communication with the recruitment team is dreadful. Emails go unanswered. Interview times get changed on the fly. Even simple things like having a room setup for the business case go unattended.

All in all, the recruitment process left a poor taste in my mouth regarding Lenati's commitment to its employees and transparency.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PK (Beaverton, OR (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. We set up a phone screen and then an in-person interview soon after. A few days later, I received an offer letter. The entire process was quick and seamless and my experience was positive.

Interview Questions

PK Response

28 Oct 2019 – VP of Employee Experience

Thanks for the feedback...glad to see the process was smooth and your experience positive. That's our goal!

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PK (Portland, OR (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed up with a technical screening and then an in-person "culture fit". I was told I had done excellent on both accounts and that I would receive a follow up to let me know if I had gotten the position. The date the follow was supposed to occurt came and passed with no word.

I reached out to the hiring manager and was told they had a last minute candidate and that I was still very much in the running and should know the next week. The next week came and passed and again, no word.

I reached out for a second time and was told that they were still considering me and the other candidate and I should have a final decision soon. 2 weeks later, I've still heard nothing. I can only assume I didn't get the job, but failing to meet expectation they set for themselves does not bode well for working here. I suspect they did me a favor.

Interview Questions

PK Response

15 Oct 2019 – VP of Employee Experience

You're absolutely right that we missed the mark on communication through and about the process. Please accept my apologies. We want to make everyone's recruiting experience worthwhile...we definitely missed that with you. We'll be reviewing some of these basic best-practices with our Talent Acquisition team so we can be more consistent. I hope you found a great role!

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PK (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Horrible.
    The recruiter was nice, but the entire process was a waste of time. Prokarma contacted me with the opportunity, and after reading the reviews (many of which were negative), I decided I would give them a try anyway. Big mistake.

First interview was with the recruiter--which was fine.
    Then we set up a technical interview as my second interview. Because of availability, the recruiter had to reschedule 4 (YES 4) times. When I actually had the interview, the interviewer was clueless as to the content. She read off a script and there was no point of me following up with any questions, because she wouldn't have known them. I passed, which was no surprise. Recruiter called me back, said it went well, they'd like to set up a second technical interview, this one with the Director whose project I would be working on.

Same thing--the recruiter had problems setting up the interview. FINALLY, when I did interview, I "passed" that interview as well.

This all happened over 5 weeks. Now the recruiter informed me that they would like to have a 4th interview, this time with the VP/hiring manager. Same thing--couldn't find a time to lock them down so that they could interview me. I finally told the recruiter I was done--I didn't have time to play the game anymore, if they couldn't schedule it now I was going to pull myself out of contention.

I received the call--the recruiter couldn't get the VP to lock down a time.

I wasted 5 weeks of my time, and during that time it was clear ProKarma couldn't care less about how much more of my time they wasted. Again, recruiter was nice, but this is a company that needs to get this stuff together. All I can say is, if they contact you, RUN!

Interview Questions

• What reports do you run in JIRA? (Yes, seriously, that was a question).   1 Answer

15 Oct 2019 – VP of Employee Experience

I'm sorry you had this experience! You point out some very important concepts that we must get right. Thanks for the sharing your experience and we will be reviewing how we can move people through the process efficiently and with conversations that are useful for everyone to help decide if the fit is right. I hope you've found a great company and role...best wishes!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PK (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone screen, two on site interviews, and one case study/presentation at one of the on site interviews. It was a difficult process, but I had a great recruiter. I didn't get an offer, but they kept me in mind and would reach out when other position came up. I had a positive experience even without getting the job offer.

Interview Questions

PK Response

30 Sep 2019 – Chief People Officer

I'm really glad your experience was a positive one. Thanks for sharing and best wishes in your search!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.