Pariveda Solutions Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Pariveda Solutions Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2019

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I met them at a university career fair, had a genuine conversation with the recruiter. They reached out a few weeks later for on campus interview. I was invited to a dinner before the interview where I met a lot of the company VPs. Interviewed the next day on campus, interview was all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If someone in your team has a disagreement how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they sent me an offer letter for the internship and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Pariveda Solutions

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2016.

Interview

Hired through their campus recruiting process. Met with recruiters at career fair. Was asked to do an on campus interview a couple weeks later. Pretty straightforward behavioral interview with one of their VP's. Talked about my background, my interests, etc. Next day was asked to do a very simple written programming test. Nothing to study for, just programming aptitude type questions with everything you need in the instructions. Also was presented with a case interview. Was given about an hour with 3 or 4 other interviewers to solve a large open-ended problem and present our solution and thought process to a panel of their VP's. Nothing too challenging, but did require some critical thinking. Was nice to be able to work through and present the solution as a group, especially if you aren't adept at speaking in front of a group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you tried really hard at something but failed?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in October 2017.

Interview

I got selected for an interview when they came to campus. There were 2 stages. First day was behavioral. I passed it, so I was invited back for a second day of technical interview.
    It was a long second day. I was put on a team of 3. We took the B-Apt test the first half of the day. It wasn't really hard, but it is tricky. There are questions with blank lines that you'll be filling out. They give you about 10 lines, but it's possible for the program to be longer. Read the instructions carefully! I believe this is where I messed up.
    The second half of the day was doing a technical case study. I had to work with my 2 partners trying to come up with a solution for a problem. It's a difficult problem, no doubt, but the interviewers were interested in how we were going about figuring out the problem. Don't bother trying to come with something precise. They have a document to help guide you through the process, so don't worry too much.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Iowa City, IA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed out of college. There was an initial phone interview which was mainly just HR and behavioral stuff. Then a face to face interview with one of their principles, mine was very laid back and casual. Just questions about my internship and past projects, and talked about the company. Then there was an all-day interview, the first part you are given a packet of info regarding an airport and then given two hours to prepare your solution and present it in front of the developers. I got to do it in a group with two other students, so it wasn't that bad, alone might be more difficult though. Then you have lunch and come back and take the B-APT test, which just tests how quickly you can learn a new language and its set of rules. Nothing too difficult. Overall I enjoyed the process, and the people from Pariveda were very nice and accommodating, they even took everyone who was applying out for a nice meal the day before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects you are working on outside of school?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. First was a behavioral interview with a Vice President at the company to ensure a good culture fit. Next was a written technical exam, and finally a group case. The entire process took about 2 weeks. The recruiters were extremely friendly and professional, and kept me informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was intensive and took several hours to complete and present.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out the same day to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The next step was an in-person interview (more of a 30 minute Q&A session) then a 2 hour programming aptitude test. One week later I got a call from the recruiter that they would not be moving me forward in the process.

Things to note:
    *Part of passing the test might be the length of time taken to complete it
    *The test doesn't require knowledge of any particular programming language
    *Next steps in the process would have been 2 more phone interviews then an all-day interview

Interview Questions

• So what questions do you have about Pariveda and/or the role?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Round 1: This was a 20 minute phone call with a recruiter. The recruiter asked general questions about my past and my values.
    Round 2: This was a 45 minute skype interview with the same recruiter. The recruiter as more specific questions about my coding experience and told me more about Pariveda.
    Round 3 (skipped): There were supposed to have a technical phone screen, but this never happened.
    Round 4: This was a 1 hour in person chat with a VP

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

First, the good. The people were all well mannered, travel accommodations were arranged without any problems, and they even offered Starbucks.

The downside.

First, the interview is in Dallas. After numerous phone conversations and two separate meetings with employees in my area (roughly 5 hours of my time already) I walk out of the Dallas airport into the god awful August humidity and my first thought was "What the hell I am doing here?. And another six hours tomorrow?" After a restful sleep and a morning run which helped my attitude, I was off to my interview the next morning.

Back to the interview.

I really hated life about 30 minutes into the interview, which is not a good sign. It appeared that more than one Paraveda employee has experience with a large consulting firm, in particular Anderson Consulting (or Accenture as they are now known). All of those who came from there had glowing comments about Accenture, but seemed disillusioned by their experience with the culture of a large, corporate firm. Yet, they modeled their company structure and interview process almost exactly after Accenture. So you started this company to be different, how? If I wanted to interview with Accenture, I would have applied to them (which of course would not happen because I had no desire to ever work for Accenture). I mean, seriously. 5-6 hours of interviews after the time I already put in? It’s for a computer job, not the head of surgery for a hospital emergency room. And it’s for something that I’ve already done successfully for years. Between my resume and the first 5 or six hours on the phone, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not he candidate is a good fit. What should be of interest is (a) do I click with their people (b) do I know how to hold my fork during a business luncheon with a client (c) my experience across a wide range of industries from both a technical and business perspective

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, interviewing for an engineering job with a major computer firm. It so irritated her, she walked out of the interview. NOTE: In her case they did call her to apologize and offered her the position but she politely refused. I should have done the same, but my return flight home wasn’t’ for several hours and there is absolutely nothing that I wanted to do in Dallas.

Second. Almost everyone seemed to have a story to tell about a former boss or company that behaved badly or put them in a bad situation. Of course, the obligatory question (or so it seemed) from everyone that day was “So have you had a similar experience and how did you handle it?” Probably a legitimate question except I haven’t had any bad stories. My past employers have all been very decent and very honest. The problem was that I felt that some of the people interviewing me were genuinely disappointed that I didn’t have my own sad story.

Third. The salary. Their salaries are nice, but they didn’t match what I was earning. There really is no incentive for me to take a cut yet that is what I would have had to do if an offer was forthcoming. And while I do applaud their culture of giving back to the community (it’s sort

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad experience you've had in a past position and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by their HR person who invited me to a dinner and then an interview. The interview was very straightforward with behavioral questions. I then got asked to attend the final round. It was a group case study and then we each had to take a timed test. After that, I was extended the offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions in September 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process consisted of 1 Behavioral Interview, in which multiple standard questions about problem solving and teamwork were asked, and 1 exam to test your ability to learn new programming concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team with conflicting views   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.