Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor.co.in

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, in office interview and case study. It's definitely not an interview process that you can just show up and wing it. Pariveda has wonderful recruiters and interviewers to find the best possible person for the job.

Interview Questions

• The question that was most memorable was, "How would you go about fixing the timing of stop lights in order to create a better flow of traffic?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Met consultants at University event who referred me to a recruiter. Recruiter contacted me with an initial phone screening and scheduled an in person technical skills evaluation administered by the recruiter who travelled to my location, and an on site behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you were in where it was hard to work with a team member or group   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

They have a good hiring process like most companies following the local consulting model. There was a phone screen followed by half a day of interviews for about 4 hours with management and peers. One of the interview was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Practical questions on project management and design a project plan and execution.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process; consisted of initial phone screening with recruiter followed by phone interview with technical manager. Finally, a full day case interview with 3 different cases. If you don't pass one of the cases, you will be informed immediately; very challenging and you feel as though you've earned an offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

First, the good. The people were all well mannered, travel accommodations were arranged without any problems, and they even offered Starbucks.

The downside.

First, the interview is in Dallas. After numerous phone conversations and two separate meetings with employees in my area (roughly 5 hours of my time already) I walk out of the Dallas airport into the god awful August humidity and my first thought was "What the hell I am doing here?. And another six hours tomorrow?" After a restful sleep and a morning run which helped my attitude, I was off to my interview the next morning.

Back to the interview.

I really hated life about 30 minutes into the interview, which is not a good sign. It appeared that more than one Paraveda employee has experience with a large consulting firm, in particular Anderson Consulting (or Accenture as they are now known). All of those who came from there had glowing comments about Accenture, but seemed disillusioned by their experience with the culture of a large, corporate firm. Yet, they modeled their company structure and interview process almost exactly after Accenture. So you started this company to be different, how? If I wanted to interview with Accenture, I would have applied to them (which of course would not happen because I had no desire to ever work for Accenture). I mean, seriously. 5-6 hours of interviews after the time I already put in? It’s for a computer job, not the head of surgery for a hospital emergency room. And it’s for something that I’ve already done successfully for years. Between my resume and the first 5 or six hours on the phone, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not he candidate is a good fit. What should be of interest is (a) do I click with their people (b) do I know how to hold my fork during a business luncheon with a client (c) my experience across a wide range of industries from both a technical and business perspective

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, interviewing for an engineering job with a major computer firm. It so irritated her, she walked out of the interview. NOTE: In her case they did call her to apologize and offered her the position but she politely refused. I should have done the same, but my return flight home wasn’t’ for several hours and there is absolutely nothing that I wanted to do in Dallas.

Second. Almost everyone seemed to have a story to tell about a former boss or company that behaved badly or put them in a bad situation. Of course, the obligatory question (or so it seemed) from everyone that day was “So have you had a similar experience and how did you handle it?” Probably a legitimate question except I haven’t had any bad stories. My past employers have all been very decent and very honest. The problem was that I felt that some of the people interviewing me were genuinely disappointed that I didn’t have my own sad story.

Third. The salary. Their salaries are nice, but they didn’t match what I was earning. There really is no incentive for me to take a cut yet that is what I would have had to do if an offer was forthcoming. And while I do applaud their culture of giving back to the community (it’s sort

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad experience you've had in a past position and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Consultant (C1) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very well thought through. They do several interviews to get to know you and then they have you do a standardized programming test that assesses your aptitude to programming. I enjoyed working with the recruiters. You'll receive an email if you get to go on to the next round. The next round consists of flying out and doing a case study interview. They put us in a team of three.

Interview Questions

• In the case study: Why did we make the assumptions we did?   Answer Question

Consultant (C1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a behavioral interview on the phone for 15 minutes. Then was invited to the local office to complete a 2-hr programming assessment. Not too difficult and did not require knowledge of any particular language. Then I was flown to the office that was recruiting for a final round interview. I was given a case and had 2 hours to prepare for a presentation to a panel of 3 managers. Basically, developed an algorithm and then the panel was there to see how you would communicate with clients.

Consultant (C2) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

Pariveda hires not for specific technical skillset but for analytical/problem solving mindset along with people skills. Interviews are more case study based. You will also undergo a personality test that determines what type of team member you are so they can better figure out how to manage you.

There is no negotiation process - you will be interviewing for a particular level which determines your salary.

Interview Questions

• Case study question given a problem you face at the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Salaries are set.

Consultant (C2) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process for Pariveda is a very lengthy and detailed process with multiple steps. Its starts out with a recruiter contacting me over the phone for a quick screening. The next interview I had was a video call with the recruiter and we went over questions about slides and videos provided after the first phone call. This gave me the chance to ask more detailed questions about the company. The next was a technical phone interview with a senior employee. This was more about my experience and less about theory or problem solving. The next interview was a face-to-face behavioral interview. The conversation was more about how I dealt with problems with team members, clients, and conflict. The last interview was a half-day on-site where you are given a pretty lengthy problem to figure your way through then present your results. After that, there is a free lunch with a member of the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about calculating how much it would cost to change all the stop signs in Chicago?   1 Answer

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very streamlined and efficient. Interviews were successive and the follow up and communication was great the whole time. It was primarily focused on your personality and social interaction skills, but also on your ability to pick up languages and problem solve.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about your ability to learn new languages.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.